• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Apparently Guyton starts over Palmer. And Fehoko and Tillery start over Covington and SJD... LOL!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Apparently Guyton starts over Palmer. And Fehoko and Tillery start over Covington and SJD... LOL!
      That wasn't the point. The point was to show the players we have for depth. Covington I didn't want back but they seemed to like him.

I think Palmer will be the #3 but til he beats him out for it in TC, they listed them that way. Palmer got more targets later in the season.than Guyton.

That depth chart is from ESPN, not the Chargers. The Chargers dont have one out yet.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        Is it me or we are very thin at OL ?

Los Angeles Chargers Depth Chart | ESPN
        Chargers have a franchise QB and three starting Offensive linemen two of which will be 30 years old when the season starts.

Majority of fans don't want to spend a 1st rd. pick on OG position, not a sexy pick, give them speedy WR Jameson Williams (acl) CB Stingley (broken foot surgery-Lasfranc) or Edge rusher Johnson, if he falls. All very good players but with red flags and may need time to develop recover. Meanwhile teams target Herbert's lack of protection. So you tell me?

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Yes and no.

First, I wouldn't take ESPN that seriously at this point. I don't think they put much effort into offseason depth charts. They have 32 of them and it is hard to keep track of a whole league full of players.

Ourlads is usually a much better source, but they often interject their own opinions that are not quite in line with what the Chargers are actually employing some of the personnel. https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAC

We will sign a bunch of camp fodder because you need more bodies to run TC practices. And at this point in the season, with the draft coming up, not too many teams are going to try and fill out their rosters PRIOR to the draft. There will be a bunch of new bodies when the UDFA get signed and any draft picks. So the numbers look about right for this time of year. There are more bodies to come. And if the draft doesn't add a reasonable infusion of talent, they may go looking for additional vet FA.

Comment

• johnnywyoming
            Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Oregon
            • Retirement
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Ourlads is usually a much better source, but they often interject their own opinions that are not quite in line with what the Chargers are actually employing some of the personnel. https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAC

Thanks for the link Steve.
            Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Yes we are very thin at OL. Jmo, I don’t want 2022 season to be a bet on Scho and Norton. Its not just RT, we don’t have a proven starting RG either
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That wasn't the point. The point was to show the players we have for depth. Covington I didn't want back but they seemed to like him.

I think Palmer will be the #3 but til he beats him out for it in TC, they listed them that way. Palmer got more targets later in the season.than Guyton.

That depth chart is from ESPN, not the Chargers. The Chargers dont have one out yet.
                Palmer has better hands and runs crisper routes.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yes we are very thin at OL. Jmo, I don’t want 2022 season to be a bet on Scho and Norton. Its not just RT, we don’t have a proven starting RG either
                  Wonder what's up with Aboushi's rehab...are the Bolts waiting to see how it goes? Still haven't re-signed him...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by johnnywyoming View Post

Thanks for the link Steve.
                    Ourlads is a great resource.
                    Study all 32 teams !
                    They also have archived NFL depth charts, which can be surprisingly useful.
                    I am probably the only one around here who accesses their draft guide.
                    There are always at least a few nuggets about specific strengths and weaknesses on these prospects.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Right. Current OL:
                      C Linsley, C/G/T/TE Clapp

G Feiler, Jaimes, Hunter

T Norton, Pipkins, Sarell, Slater

We'll have several more by training camp. Draft- UDFA- FA- trade. @ 15 OL, cut to 8-9 following preseason.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Question for building the defense: Does a Staley dime defense mean 4 corners and 2 safeties, or does/would it more often employ 3 and 3.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                          Question for building the defense: Does a Staley dime defense mean 4 corners and 2 safeties, or does/would it more often employ 3 and 3.
                          That 4thCB/3rdS is the slot cover dude, so either depending on who we got who can do it.

Comment

Working...
                          X