• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerfreak View Post

Top 8ish RB's through the first 3 rounds, and then don't trust the rest. It may be as high as 10 ? There may literally be no RB's in the first round. So if we get to the 4th round it might be Joshua Kelley's friends all in there.........................
    I see 3 top RB's. Hall, Walker, and Spiller. I don't think they measure up to last year's top 3. Najee, Entienne, and Javonte.
    IMO, those 3 will be gone by the mid 2nd round.

I think James Cook may go in the early 3rd. This year's version of Michael Carter. Kyren Williams fits that billing, too. But later on... 4th or 5th.

Then you've got Dameon Pierce, Brian Robinson, and Zamir White. IMO, mid 3rd to early 4th round.
    This is where we start considering RB's. This is where I start questioning their value... their ROI when comparing them to later RB's (Pierre Strong, Jerome Ford, Ty Chandler, Abram Smith, Rashad White, Hassan Haskins, Zonovan White, Davonte Price, Jerrion Ealy). I mean, this year's class is deep!

Besides, I have a 25 player list of CB's, safeties, WR's, LB's, and EDGE players I'd rather have than those 3rd/4th round RB's.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I get we would love to have 3 starter quality WRs. Rodgers seems to always have that and Ben has had nice stables as well. Bills have that. Palmer I think is going to be a good one and I do like some others in the mid to later rounds but we do not know what they think of Reed and Ffrench.

I wouldn't rule them out as nobodies. Reed can play and was used in the offense as a rookie and also got a couple or few carries. I don't know what injury he had last year that kept him out but he is signed and they kept him.

That said sure I'd love a Wandale Robinson type who has good YAC ability. Just think RB is a weaker position and doubt we go WR in round 1. Staley also said they need to get better production from RB 2 and I'm not sure that means roll the dice I'm the late rounds,..... again.
      I agree. Palmer was drafted in the 3rd round to be the 3rd WR. Add in Ekeler and Everett as targets... and you're looking for a WR to be your 6th or 7th target. I'd draft WR around the 4th/5th round for depth. I wouldn't rely on Ffrench or Reed... maybe to compete with the newly signed WR/KR/PR...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I agree. Palmer was drafted in the 3rd round to be the 3rd WR. Add in Ekeler and Everett as targets... and you're looking for a WR to be your 6th or 7th target. I'd draft WR around the 4th/5th round for depth. I wouldn't rely on Ffrench or Reed... maybe to compete with the newly signed WR/KR/PR...
        IDK about Reed but I’d love to see Ffrench used likemthey used to use T-billy. Ffrench is Chris Beatty’s guy so that by itself made me look into the kid. He’s an interesting guy, he’s fast twitch compact 5’ 11” 205 pound guy with above aberage contact balance, runs like a RB with the ball but with WR long speed to pull away, so he can run the ball from the back field, returns kicks, has deep speed, and has the ability to play in the slot. I like what Chris Beatty did with mike williams last year so if he likes this kid it makes me curious to see what Ffrench has to offer…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If its OG at 17 - I am probably trading back for sure if there is a partner.
          As much as I am about taking a premium position at 17 - EDGE, WR or DB - if those premium guys are gone and the best OG is there, not gonna cry. Will make the team better, absolutely.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

IDK about Reed but I’d love to see Ffrench used likemthey used to use T-billy. Ffrench is Chris Beatty’s guy so that by itself made me look into the kid. He’s an interesting guy, he’s fast twitch compact 5’ 11” 205 pound guy with above aberage contact balance, runs like a RB with the ball but with WR long speed to pull away, so he can run the ball from the back field, returns kicks, has deep speed, and has the ability to play in the slot. I like what Chris Beatty did with mike williams last year so if he likes this kid it makes me curious to see what Ffrench has to offer…
            People like me are just having hopeful dreams that Reed is a poor man’s Deebo lol. It probably won’t happen. But he would totally be our RB2 if he did turn it around.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I see 3 top RB's. Hall, Walker, and Spiller. I don't think they measure up to last year's top 3. Najee, Entienne, and Javonte.
              IMO, those 3 will be gone by the mid 2nd round.

I think James Cook may go in the early 3rd. This year's version of Michael Carter. Kyren Williams fits that billing, too. But later on... 4th or 5th.

Then you've got Dameon Pierce, Brian Robinson, and Zamir White. IMO, mid 3rd to early 4th round.
              This is where we start considering RB's. This is where I start questioning their value... their ROI when comparing them to later RB's (Pierre Strong, Jerome Ford, Ty Chandler, Abram Smith, Rashad White, Hassan Haskins, Zonovan White, Davonte Price, Jerrion Ealy). I mean, this year's class is deep!

Besides, I have a 25 player list of CB's, safeties, WR's, LB's, and EDGE players I'd rather have than those 3rd/4th round RB's.

Carter went early in the 4rth round....its a good comparison...i kind of liked Carter more.
              Not crazy about Spiller - maybe i need to look at him again.
              I think Robinson will be there in the 4rth round - i probably would pass on him.
              Pierce, White & Ford will probably all be gone by the Chargers 4rth round pick.

All the rest will probably be available in the 4rth and most of them will be available in the 5th.
              I haven't seen Jerrion Ealy / Davonte Price / Abram Smith.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Getting hurt happens on one play. Playing hurt can shorten his career.
                His size isn't a problem. Ekeler is a freak of nature in his ratio of strength to weight with a frame that supports it.
                We do need a RB who can replace him without too much fall off if needed, who can give him a break once in a while and provide some different looks.

Nabers or Everett is our short yardage thumper.
                Gabe Nabers has exactly 5 carries for a grand total of 15 yards in...TWO YEARS...right now, Nabers isn't much of a thumper at all, short yardage or long..."Like a bad Naber, Gabe is not there..."

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

3 ypc ain’t too shabby for a Charger backup RB. Just sayin’.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

M. Turner was the best RB2 the Chargers had.
                    Can we try to get something like that ?

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...as u mentioned earlier, if Ekkie gets hurt, we are in real trouble rolling with JAG's like Kelley and Rountree...JJ is effective when healthy, but he's still a question mark in my mind...I say, draft a quality RB in round 3 (preferably a big bruiser for short yardage and red zone); OR sign a solid FA RB...then cut Kelley...give Rountree one more year to prove himself as a backup in the rotation, and if he can't cut it, cut him too...I'm done with drafting day 3 RB leftovers...
                      how 'bout draft the both of Badie and D'Vonte Price, and.... sign D'Ernest Johnson in FA !!

is Telesco hanging onto Kelley 'n Rountree coz he sees talent there, or to save face ??
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Which RB's do you think are there (pick #79) realistically...?
                        And which other players will also be there @#79...?

My lists suggest going CB, S, WR, EDGE over RB.
                        and then there are the some/one of us who prefers.... TE,
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

if it’s any consolation, he’s still around, so maybe they see something there too, IDK I thought it was interesting that they brought him back after it appeared they had cut ties with him.
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X