• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    Watch Rex Burkhead in that game. I think he's my favorite back in the league and he's a sub-package guy. He's a human Swiss Army Knife, witness the 22 carries for 149 yards and 2 touchdowns for the Texans in his regular season game against my Chargers.
    I like Rex too but That’s more of a testament to how bad our run d was last season.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I like Rex too but That’s more of a testament to how bad our run d was last season.
      He won’t be getting a buck-fiffy against the Bolts in 2022.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I think the word 'horrific' sums it up pretty well.

Looking back at some of last year's game film, it was even worse than I remembered.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Justin Jackson best game as a Charger in a blowout loss to one of if not the, worst team in the NFL, even with Herbert playing a solid game. Nightmare game that will live in my memory for a long, long time.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
            Watch Rex Burkhead in that game. I think he's my favorite back in the league and he's a sub-package guy. He's a human Swiss Army Knife, witness the 22 carries for 149 yards and 2 touchdowns for the Texans in his regular season game against my Chargers.
            He did next to nothing against the rest of the league so having his one good game against the worst rush defense isnt anything special

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

We sucked. Nothing else to see here, move along.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Our defense sucked so bad last year that Staley did a 50% remodel of our defensive players from last year and with some additions pushing 65% new players. We are 100% better even with Staley not coaching but on pure talent available now. We will get really dangerous if we can get these guys playing like a synchronized defensive unit.

:cartman:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Herbert reported in his presser today that he’s 245lbs. That’s huge. Dude’s jacked.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Does anyone think Easton Stick is capable of being the long-term backup to Herbert? I've liked some of what I've seen from Stick; some plays I haven't.

I just don't, under any circumstances, want to see Chase Daniel take any meaningful snaps.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                      Does anyone think Easton Stick is capable of being the long-term backup to Herbert? I've liked some of what I've seen from Stick; some plays I haven't.

I just don't, under any circumstances, want to see Chase Daniel take any meaningful snaps.
                      I think I trust Daniel more than Stick, at least to win a game.
                      he knows the system as well as anyone and they can come up with a limited offense for him to run.

I'd love to know what Lombardi and Day think of Stick since they came on after. But I wonder how well Stick is catching on mentally.
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                        Herbert reported in his presser today that he’s 245lbs. That’s huge. Dude’s jacked.
                        A bit over 5lbs of muscle gained. Nice.
                        hope it doesn't affect his flexibility.
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• eaterfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

This team isn't making the playoffs if either of those guys start more than 2 games. I'm not sure I see much of a difference between the two on the field, but stick may be better. That being said, I'd prefer Daniel for what he brings off the field. I don't have confidence in this team to win games without Herbert and I think Daniel is still a good mentor to Herbert when it comes to the offense. I know it's year 2 for Herbie in the system, but it's not like he's been in the system for 5 seasons at this point.

I do think both of these guys are below average backups, though. I wouldn't mind the Chargers drafting a backup QB next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X