Check this out-- it says it all.

Verrett was a Charger for four seasons.

His first season was 2014.

Here's his number of games played, per season:

2014: 6

2015: 14

2016: 4

2017: 1

Of the 64 regular season games the Bolts played in those four seasons, Verrett played in 25 of them. I believe that's 39%.

I doubt that Callahan has missed, comparatively speaking, close to *that* amount of time. I certainly hope not!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
        Also looking forward to seeing the DBs. We know that DJ is a star, Mr Int is a star and there's a lot if speed, talent & depth behind them. Nas, Sant for sure. Vet slot Callahan hopefully.HBK, Taylor, etc.
        Competition for final slots is way more intriguing personnel.
        Nas is a guy who's received a lot of positive pub from offseason team activities.

Interesting thing is, the better he plays in 2022? The more likely he's gone in 2023.

I like Nas, and I like him a lot. But I *don't* see him as a guy the front office would make a priority of inking to a big contract for 2023, not when they have to be prepared to devote mega-bucks to a Justin Herbert extension prior to the 2024 season.

Nevertheless, the 2022 season is Adderly's opportunity to show out, to play GREAT, and earn a huge deal elsewhere for 2023 and beyond.

If it helps the Bolts win a title this season? I hope it happens. Of course.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Agree on Nas. I like him too and I think he will have a good year and go sign with a team that does not have the stars we do that will be commanding big bucks.

Also agree on Callahan. I have hated him since he became a Bronco and the reason I hated him is because he played so well against our team. He is feisty, is in the right place, makes good plays on the ball and plays bigger than he is. THe key is his availability. Will he be another Casey Hayward who always seemed to be injured in GB and was let go or will he be Chris Harris?

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

So so high on Nas, hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Check this out-- it says it all.

Verrett was a Charger for four seasons.

His first season was 2014.

Here's his number of games played, per season:

2014: 6

2015: 14

2016: 4

2017: 1

Of the 64 regular season games the Bolts played in those four seasons, Verrett played in 25 of them. I believe that's 39%.

I doubt that Callahan has missed, comparatively speaking, close to *that* amount of time. I certainly hope not!
              Callahan seems to miss an average of 4-5 games a season. So, he gets injured at times, but NOTHING close to Verrett...

callahan.JPG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                So so high on Nas, hope he proves me wrong.
                So, So high? Or so-so high?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

So, So high? Or so-so high?
                  Lol. Not so high, I meant. I’m a bonehead.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                    I do think this team is going to grind out more yards on the ground this year. And the backs that are going to do it are

Ek
                    Spiller
                    Rountree
                    Horvath

I think Leddie Brown and Marks will be placed on the PS
                    Brown is strong, can power for that extra yard, but has fumblitis. Hope one of these two beats out Kelley or Rountree...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Imo Leddie Brown and Roundtree are almost the same player except one fumbles.

Let's see if Roundtree has improved.
                      Come to think of it, they ARE similar. Neither one has elite speed, and they both are reportedly "indecisive and hesitant" at the LOS. Brown has a better burst to the hole, whereas Rountree has a better burst to the edge:

Leddie Brown

Brown was a Smyrna High School star who was a four-star recruit and the 255th player in the 2018 class. is the 6th leading rusher in West Virginia history. He has logged 2888 yds and 27 TDs over the past four years with over 2000 yds over the past two.
                      Brown was named to the All-Big 12 preseason second-team by Athlon Sports, Lindy’s, and Phil Steele. In 2020, he was an All-Big 12 First-Team selection.

Scouting Report: Strengths
                      • Real tough powerful back who has an old school feel to him
                      • Despite not having great time speed we have never seen him caught from behind
                      • One of the best after contact runners in college football - almost impossible to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly
                      • Demonstrated the ability to track the ball over his shoulder. Good vision and patience for screens.
                      • Brown is a natural runner who shows good lateral agility
                      • Nice soft hands - an asset in the passing game - Brown caught 31 passes in 2020 for 2 scores and in 2019 caught 17 passes
                      • Runs with excellent balance and is difficult to stop between the tackles
                      • Has good burst to and through the hole. A patient runner with good vision and burst for the cutback. Squares his shoulders and can knock the defender back onto his heels. Good leg drive and forward lean to gain extra yardage after contact
                      • Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with an above-average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses
                      • A classic north-south runner with little wasted motion
                      • Versitile has even been used out wide to take advantage of his receiving ability
                      Scouting Report: Weaknesses
                      • Limited speed not explosive.
                      • Not very quick - has to rely on power and struggles with running outside
                      • While Strong has good power between the tackles maybe best suited to a full back role
                      • Lacks creativity in the running game - needs to be more dynamic
                      • Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage and sometimes misses holes
                      Scouting Report: Summary

Brown will benefit from being part of a running back class that is somewhat underwhelming this year. He has great size to be a classic every-down back in the NFL and is well versed as both a receiver and a blocker so offers versatility scouts crave. He however is neither particularly quick nor fast and this will limit his draft stock in the 2022 NFL draft and reduce him to being regarded as a short-yardage role player.
                      He has an excellent injury history which you can't underestimate the importance of for running backs in the NFL and thus is likely to have a solid NFL career probably as part of a running back rotation scheme.
                      We see him being picked no higher than the fourth round unless he can improve his timed speed numbers during the NFL combine.

Larry Rountree

Strengths
                      • Bowling-ball runner between the tackles. Flashes a burst in and out of the hole. Lowers his pads and delivers a blow into the chest of defenders. Falls forward on nearly every run due to lean. Short build makes it difficult for defenders to find among linemen. Good acceleration and straight-line speed.
                      • Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. He has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
                      • Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
                      • Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
                      • Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
                      • Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
                      • Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
                      Weaknesses
                      • Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
                      • Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
                      • A one-speed runner and lacks any explosive qualities with tight hips. Has poor balance and has the bad habit of losing coordination when changing directions - his feet and upper body look to be on two different pages.
                      https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...B-WestVirginia

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I’d rather have Horvath as our 3rd back. Time will tell.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Come to think of it, they ARE similar. Neither one has elite speed, and they both are reportedly "indecisive and hesitant" at the LOS. Brown has a better burst to the hole, whereas Rountree has a better burst to the edge:

Leddie BrownScouting Report: Strengths
                          • Real tough powerful back who has an old school feel to him
                          • Despite not having great time speed we have never seen him caught from behind
                          • One of the best after contact runners in college football - almost impossible to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly
                          • Demonstrated the ability to track the ball over his shoulder. Good vision and patience for screens.
                          • Brown is a natural runner who shows good lateral agility
                          • Nice soft hands - an asset in the passing game - Brown caught 31 passes in 2020 for 2 scores and in 2019 caught 17 passes
                          • Runs with excellent balance and is difficult to stop between the tackles
                          • Has good burst to and through the hole. A patient runner with good vision and burst for the cutback. Squares his shoulders and can knock the defender back onto his heels. Good leg drive and forward lean to gain extra yardage after contact
                          • Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with an above-average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses
                          • A classic north-south runner with little wasted motion
                          • Versitile has even been used out wide to take advantage of his receiving ability
                          Scouting Report: Weaknesses
                          • Limited speed not explosive.
                          • Not very quick - has to rely on power and struggles with running outside
                          • While Strong has good power between the tackles maybe best suited to a full back role
                          • Lacks creativity in the running game - needs to be more dynamic
                          • Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage and sometimes misses holes
                          Scouting Report: Summary

Brown will benefit from being part of a running back class that is somewhat underwhelming this year. He has great size to be a classic every-down back in the NFL and is well versed as both a receiver and a blocker so offers versatility scouts crave. He however is neither particularly quick nor fast and this will limit his draft stock in the 2022 NFL draft and reduce him to being regarded as a short-yardage role player.
                          He has an excellent injury history which you can't underestimate the importance of for running backs in the NFL and thus is likely to have a solid NFL career probably as part of a running back rotation scheme.
                          We see him being picked no higher than the fourth round unless he can improve his timed speed numbers during the NFL combine.

Larry Rountree

Strengths
                          • Bowling-ball runner between the tackles. Flashes a burst in and out of the hole. Lowers his pads and delivers a blow into the chest of defenders. Falls forward on nearly every run due to lean. Short build makes it difficult for defenders to find among linemen. Good acceleration and straight-line speed.
                          • Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. He has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
                          • Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
                          • Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
                          • Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
                          • Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
                          • Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
                          Weaknesses
                          • Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
                          • Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
                          • A one-speed runner and lacks any explosive qualities with tight hips. Has poor balance and has the bad habit of losing coordination when changing directions - his feet and upper body look to be on two different pages.
                          https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...B-WestVirginia

Feel, patience & above all vision are the keys for successful running backs.

Comment

Working...
                          X