• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltinloudguy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

I do think this team is going to grind out more yards on the ground this year. And the backs that are going to do it are

Ek
    Spiller
    Rountree
    Horvath

I think Leddie Brown and Marks will be placed on the PS

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Palmer already is WR3/(2.75) and Guyton is already WR4 - that is how we ended 2021, do you see something I am missing?

McKitty will be used primarily in-line next to OT in power and jumbo sets - limited routes and therefore catches (My guess). He will be under appreciated for what he does because fans only see stats. I don’t expect big receiving numbers from him.

They drafted RB2 in the Rd4
      i think McKitty has pretty good hands and will be more than just a blocker.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

i think McKitty has pretty good hands and will be more than just a blocker.
        He better be, to justify a 3rd round pick spent on him.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

def in the wait 'n see camp w/Derwin, as he has a substantial injury history and want to see him play thru a full season and thru the playoffs, and despite moving him closer to the LOS, and.... there is our history w/Weddle.... what is the championship ROI w/sinking your monies into the safety position ??

and think the secondary is most improved, save for the injury bug, as JC Jack is a def upgrade over our No. 1 cover corner last season, and if Mike D. returns to form, he'll be a solid No. 2, and then we've got Asante and Callahan, if the either of 'em can stay healthy/on the field, and.... personally still like Tevaughn Campbell some, and JT Woods is def a plus as well.

re: RB.... maybe we can pick up a vet on the waiver wire before the start of the season, as do think it would be helpful to have another proven commodity back there w/Ek, altho still wondering if Kelley has more to show than he has to date ??
          Derwin essentially played two whole seasons while playing part of one and zero of another. I get the hesitancy of signing him long term. But this offseason defensive roster makeover has also been about helping out and maximizing Derwin’s play making abilities also. From signing JC Jackson to drafting JT Wood. I just don’t see them moving on from Derwin given how pivotal he is to this defense.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Look at it this way: Derwin has low mikes on him. Sign him long term, especially now that we have better support pieces around him.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Look at it this way: Derwin has low mikes on him. Sign him long term, especially now that we have better support pieces around him.
              I would wait, based on did Derwin play in the Texas game when we needed a win and in the Raiders game is it true he had zero sacks and zero interceptions?? I would wait and see after this season and franchise tag him while I negotiate long term. They have to make the playoffs this year tho first. What James is making this year and being paid is fair based on his results, so far. Make the probowl this year and get your mega deal. That's fair.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                I do think this team is going to grind out more yards on the ground this year. And the backs that are going to do it are

Ek
                Spiller
                Rountree
                Horvath

I think Leddie Brown and Marks will be placed on the PS
                ...A 1, 2, 3, punch of Ek-Spiller-Rountree with Horvath for short yards looks like it could be good and just what we need! Or Ek could miss a bunch a games and when the back ups are asked to start are not productive and in fact counter productive. Does anyone want to trade for RB Joshua Kelly for a RT, or is Joshua Kelly going to come in to camp and be the player TT thought he was going to be when he drafted him???

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

...A 1, 2, 3, punch of Ek-Spiller-Rountree with Horvath for short yards looks like it could be good and just what we need! Or Ek could miss a bunch a games and when the back ups are asked to start are not productive and in fact counter productive. Does anyone want to trade for RB Joshua Kelly for a RT, or is Joshua Kelly going to come in to camp and be the player TT thought he was going to be when he drafted him???
                  speaking for myself, was pretty high on Kelley after watching his clips outta UCLA.... really looked good and shifty, and.... if you look over the Fantasy Football and other RB rankings, you will see no mention of Rountree, albeit Kelley does crack the 100 or so every so often, and.... Spiller is already in the top fiftysomething or so, and was rated as high as the No. 2 back coming out of this last draft.

given Ekeler's susceptibility to injury, and that Spiller is a rook, still don't see the logic in not bringing in a proven commodity @RB.... that's why I liked Ronald Jones and others for us this offseason.

Next offseason, am gonna be watching for Kareem Hunt, as think he'd be the perfect supplement to what we've got now.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

speaking for myself, was pretty high on Kelley after watching his clips outta UCLA.... really looked good and shifty, and.... if you look over the Fantasy Football and other RB rankings, you will see no mention of Rountree, albeit Kelley does crack the 100 or so every so often, and.... Spiller is already in the top fiftysomething or so, and was rated as high as the No. 2 back coming out of this last draft.

given Ekeler's susceptibility to injury, and that Spiller is a rook, still don't see the logic in not bringing in a proven commodity @RB.... that's why I liked Ronald Jones and others for us this offseason.

Next offseason, am gonna be watching for Kareem Hunt, as think he'd be the perfect supplement to what we've got now.
                    Injury goes with the running back job. No starting RB goes uninjured for the entire season.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'm not against giving the D better cardio training.

Know what would help even MORE?

The Chargers' offense conducting longer, more time-consuming drives on their way to TDs, racking up a significant Time of Possession advantage over the opponent, and keeping the defense fresh on the sideline.

The Chargers NEED to establish a serious grind-it-out component to the offense. Staley talks about how dishing out the physicality in the running game is demoralizing for a defense. The Bolts need to be better at this. Most championship teams can do this, and that's not a coincidence.
                      We will throw and will throw deep occasionally, it's a need- to- show play to keep D's honest, mostly in 1-3rd quarter. But- keep the long ball in our pocket, especially in the 4th if not needed. TOP is our defenses' friend.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

I would wait, based on did Derwin play in the Texas game when we needed a win and in the Raiders game is it true he had zero sacks and zero interceptions?? I would wait and see after this season and franchise tag him while I negotiate long term. They have to make the playoffs this year tho first. What James is making this year and being paid is fair based on his results, so far. Make the probowl this year and get your mega deal. That's fair.
                        We're already a playoff team if LA doesn't slide into the ocean or some comparable disaster.
                        I'd rather work out a contract before he's the 2022 DPOY.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I don’t think he played the Texans game. But I could be wrong. And stats like sacks and interceptions don’t quite capture what Derwin does for this defense. He had zero sacks and interceptions in the 2nd KC game as well. But once he left the game, KC’s offense and Kielce ran right through us. If they have money, they should do it now since it’s his last contract year w/ us.

Comment

Working...
                          X