• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Personally, I could go with out a fullback. I’ve never seen the team get better yardage running the ball with a fullback lead blocking. And if the ball is in the fullbacks’s hands, it’s not in Herbert’s or a better ball carrier’s. I just don’t get what a fullback brings to the game.

I do like Horvath as a big RB though. He brings size and power to the position.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Sorry....late to the party....so is Pipkins our starting RT? Guys who watched, did he outplay Norton and Salyer?
      Also, Webb cut, signed to the practice squad? Bad pick at the time, bad choice putting him him on the PS. Not a football player.
      As for Woods, we knew he couldn't tackle- is he serviceable on Teams? Any chance he sees the field whilst D is out there?

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I think we should try to trade Tillery to all 32 teams. All 32.

TG
        Throw in Campbell.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

The Athletic’s writers season prediction.

AFC West
          Welcome to the Wild, Wild West. Is there a more stacked division in all of the NFL? Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert, Russell Wilson and Derek Carr make up the best collection of quarterbacks.

There’s no surprise that our experts favor the Chiefs to again win the AFC West. Since Peyton Manning retired after Super Bowl 50, the Chiefs have won six consecutive AFC West titles under Andy Reid. Not only has Kansas City won every title, but the Chiefs are 32-4 against the Chargers, Raiders and Broncos head-to-head since 2015, including a 5-1 record last season.

It’s a little surprising only two experts picked the Broncos to win the division. The Athletic’s NFL model gives Denver a 20.4% chance to win the division.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Andy Reid is probably sitting at his desk right now trying to figure out how to beat the Chargers.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Look at this!
              htt5uvewe2lisnn2uwws.jpg
              wwg26wgajsy8moxqaklg.jpg
              Mack cheating.
              vnjr8plkzhfu1r1hgldp.jpg

Love to see these guys having fun. Build that comradery. I am so freaking crazy psyched for this season. 11 more days! LET'S GOOOOOOO!

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

LFG!!!
                :disco:
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Wow your arrogance/ignorance is amazing. So you're saying that all the coaching staff from Staley on down cannot properly evaluate which WR is better?

You're saying in down and distance situations Lombardi is wrong choosing Palmer routes over Guyton's? Dude you really need to be a coach or a GM because your takes are foolproof. I am sure your evaluations are much better than NFL caliber coaches.

I mean come really, they see every single rep in practice, every cut, every break, every drop. Palmer gets the nod and more looks because he's a better WR period. End of story.
                  If your suggestion is that Chargers coaches are infallible, you must not have been a fan of the team for very long.

And I am not sure where you have been for the past year since Lombardi has been the OC.

Once again, since you seem to be missing the point, the national sports media picked up on the problem that our team was not throwing the ball deep and called our coaching staff out on the issue a little after the middle of last season. (I had posted about the problem after week 2 last year. It did not take too long to spot.) Well into last season, Herbert was in the bottom 5 in air yards per attempt when we had one of the most explosive deep passing games in the entire NFL in 2020 despite having arguably the worst OL in the entire league.

Herbert just might be the best deep passer in the league. So what did our brilliant coaches do? They kept the utterly useless K.J. Hill over Tyron Johnson when Johnson had produced the best QB rating when targeted of any qualifying receiver (at any position) in the entire NFL in 2020. His production on just 26 targets was incredible. He had about 13% more receiving yards in 2020 than Palmer had in 2021 on just 53% of the targets that Palmer had. Most of the people on this forum knew that the decision to cut Johnson was a bad decision at the time as a number of people on this forum thought that Johnson was even better than Guyton, much less K.J. Hill.

And the coaches backed that up by refusing to throw deep to Guyton, who literally did not have a deep ball reception until the week 13 game at CIN. Instead they were running short, dippy out patterns for Palmer, a WR that receives very little cushion from opposing defenders because they know he has no elite speed, no great moves and zero elite traits of any kind whatsoever.

Lombardi all but killed our deep passing game last year except for blown coverages. Stafford faced similar issues in DET when Lombardi was the OC there and this was so even though the Lions had Calvin Johnson.

Immediately after getting roasted by the national sports media, we saw Lombardi change his approach in the CIN game and in the NYG game. That was no coincidence in my view. But the deep passes to Guyton are available much, much more frequently than we are trying to hit them. And some teams have defenses that are difficult to have multiple long, sustained drives against. In close games, the one big play can make all the difference in the world.

Because of its talent, our offense is going to be successful, but it could be even more successful if it took advantage of more big play opportunities instead of throwing quite as many short sideline passes as it did last year. IMO, Lombardi needs to stop misusing Allen on deeper crossing patterns that defenses undercut for INTs twice last year. Allen is not going to run away from anyone. As we saw in the preseason, if some of those throws go to Guyton, he can turn the corner and pick up the extra yardage that Allen and some of our other WRs cannot.

All of what I have expressed concern about, I would put in the category of the completely obvious in terms of small tweaks that would make the offense even better. It is also plainly obvious that Guyton's speed does a better job of complementing the slower speed games of Allen and Williams than Palmer's poor man's Allen without the moves that make Allen Allen game does.

I do like that Lombardi increased the percentage of passes versus runs last year, though. I think he is clearly on the right track in that respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Leatherwood has played 1 season. He is on his 3rd HC, and none of the 3 can tell him what position they want him to play they only tell him he won’t be playing the position he did in college. OL is one of the most difficult transitions from college to the pros and Leatherwood has had absolutely no stability in the time he has been there. It’s fun to make fun of the Raiders but they did themselves and Leatherwood a disservice since the moment they drafted him.

The Raiders also declined the 5th year options on the 3 1st round picks from the 2019 draft class, all of whom are still on the roster. So they’ve done the same thing we did with Tillery just three times over.
                    Leatherwood was a bad pick for sure and we all knew it at the time. But if they can live with the dead money, then getting rid of the player sooner rather than later may be a better choice.

Tillery has naked/compromising photos of Telesco, Staley and Spanos. That's the only excuse I am accepting right now for his continuing presence on the roster.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Wow your arrogance/ignorance is amazing. So you're saying that all the coaching staff from Staley on down cannot properly evaluate which WR is better?

You're saying in down and distance situations Lombardi is wrong choosing Palmer routes over Guyton's? Dude you really need to be a coach or a GM because your takes are foolproof. I am sure your evaluations are much better than NFL caliber coaches.

I mean come really, they see every single rep in practice, every cut, every break, every drop. Palmer gets the nod and more looks because he's a better WR period. End of story.
                      No, what he said was coaches knowingly clamped down the offense and reduced production on purpose just so they could give Palmer some extra game reps. He’s gone beyond saying the coaches are all imbeciles to not see CC’s brilliance and just go deep every set of downs, he’s now saying the coaches knew it and intentionally sabotaged the team on purpose. Its a cover conspiracy brah.

Chain didn’t want Herbert before they drafted him. Never forget that.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Leatherwood was a bad pick for sure and we all knew it at the time. But if they can live with the dead money, then getting rid of the player sooner rather than later may be a better choice.

Tillery has naked/compromising photos of Telesco, Staley and Spanos. That's the only excuse I am accepting right now for his continuing presence on the roster.
                        Do all lawyers routinely throw around baseless scandalous accusations to win arguments? Is this like a technique they teach you in law school?

ok, the question answers itself. Never mind.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Not again..

Comment

Working...
                          X