AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Lol.
      Titanic.
      Of course.
      I was thinking Lusitania.
      LOL...not bad, Wood...the Titanic would be unneeded, self-inflicted damage due to poor supervision--true in the Titanic's case due to recklessly speeding ahead into a known dangerous icefield...and true in the Boltanic's case, due to a combination of poor drafting, poor coaching and a reckless decision to install dangerous artificial turf at Sofi, causing unneeded injuries...now, the Lusitania was a sinking due to an attack by a better equipped and stealthy enemy--now THAT would be more similar to losing to the Cheatriots in the 2008 playoffs and denying us a SB bid...

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am kind of not kiding about 5 DL. Take a DB off the field and stop the run. Take my chances with Mariota passing the ball

Just be smart and limit mistakes. On offense, so many guys hurt - but Linsley back should be helpful. Hightower and Reed - show us what you have
        Take a DB out and replace him with a fifth DL and Mariota will kill us. He can still throw the ball and he can run very well too. Keep the normal DB's in there but play Derwin close to the line. The Falcons are loaded at RB and they will use a run-heavy offense.

Our best shot at winning this game is if we can get well ahead of them and force them to play catch-up. I don't know how we can do that with the WR's we have now but that's what we need to do. One thing in our favor is our OL should be pretty healthy again. Maybe we can get the run game going?
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Take a DB out and replace him with a fifth DL and Mariota will kill us. He can still throw the ball and he can run very well too. Keep the normal DB's in there but play Derwin close to the line. The Falcons are loaded at RB and they will use a run-heavy offense.

Our best shot at winning this game is if we can get well ahead of them and force them to play catch-up. I don't know how we can do that with the WR's we have now but that's what we need to do. One thing in our favor is our OL should be pretty healthy again. Maybe we can get the run game going?
          Somebody is going to have to surprise us. Is it Bandy? Spiller? Hightower? Reed? We are in desperate need of an offensive weapon stepping up. If I’m Atlanta, I’m putting all my focus on Ekeler and maybe Everett. They’re our only proven offensive players. Everyone else is in search of a career.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Originally posted by The Intellectual Assassin View Post

Don't know why we are so stagnant when we start games
            I do. Reference my avatar.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

It seems we're more successful when we use the pass to set up the run...don't want to see multiple 1st down calls for Ekkie up the gut for nada...

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

we are top heavy w/talent on the roster, and less so when it comes to depth, and.... why not Reeder against the run ??

and yes, I've read about his pass defense, and.... Tranquill's is overrated, and.... Drue's run D is hard to watch sometimes.

and the guys that I hope show up/out for this game are Carter.... hope he regains some of his preseason form, and most all the Oline, save for Pips who is nursing an injury.

Ekeler and Everett are a given, as we need big games from them, and think we need McKitty in to help Trey as often as possible, as think he is better than any jumbo pkg.

and thinkin' we need to mix things up.... a shovel pass or coupla few ?? TE slant over the middle ?? and know plenty of posters don't think it's possible, and.... we have to throw the longball downfield @least a coupla few times to Carter.... we just have to, and....

(un!eash the Attaochu

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Eurobolt
                  *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...yer right there, Wood, Brandon IS writing the script to a movie:

raise titanic.jpg
                  No way it is PG rated, rather 18+

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Hightower? Reed?

Hightower and Reed haven't been elevated from the practice squad. I don't know wny Reed doesn't get a chance.

K Cameron Dicker and CB Kemon Hall were elevated from the practice squad, and WR Keelan Doss was signed to the active roster. I never heard of Doss; he was signed as an UDFA in 2019 and the Chargers are his 7th team.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

MEMO TO THE LOS ANGELES CHARGERS: We need dynamic WR's on this squad going forward period. Fact our #1 WR and his hamstring you could say probably has cost us a game or 2 this year.

Time to move on next season.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                          MEMO TO THE LOS ANGELES CHARGERS: We need dynamic WR's on this squad going forward period. Fact our #1 WR and his hamstring you could say probably has cost us a game or 2 this year.

Time to move on next season.
                          Why we really really needed to draft one this season, not sure OL was the best investment the way Salyer is playing. Hindsight (even if some of us were stumping for such an unpopular stance..).

Comment

Working...
                          X