• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Roo, I really do not peg post quality to "likes" received. Those are two entirely different concepts.

Also, I do not have a love for Guyton. I just have what I believe is the proper appreciation of his value and best use in our offense.

It is clear that Lombardi has some weaknesses as a play caller as certain similar patterns have emerged in his OC experience in Detroit and now with us. He has placed receivers in the wrong roles at times and he has overemphasized the short passing game, especially the short sideline passing game. That short sideline passing game yielded 3 pick-6s last year in case anyone is curious. Those passes represent a lot of risk for very little yardage gained.

It is too bad that some do not seem to have a clue about the significance of arguably the game's best deep passer being in the bottom 5 in air yards per attempt more than half way through the season or of the team's one lone deep speed threat not having even a single deep pass reception until week 13 last season. There is a message in that for them.
    I find it charming that throwing deep is your priority.
    Brady is widely acknowledged as the Greatest Of All Time at QB and many feel still is.
    Brady and Herbert were 1 and 2 in 2021 passing yards. Both shared the same air yards per pass.
    I am reasonably certain that JH has the stronger arm and better long ball but find it hard to argue with success.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Those 3 pic sixes weren't the result of throwing short outs.

One went thru Ekelers or who ever it was hands into a defenders hands and Cook ran the wrong route and Herbert threw it where he should of been.

I don't recall what happened on the 3rd but saying it is the result of the pattern is selective memory.
      There is a reason they had Herbert throwing short timing routes early. It was for his benefit and it opened up later.

I don't know where one would find air yards stats anywhere but really who gives a damn about that.

If you are using YPA .....that isn't air yards. That is yards per attempt and counts toward that number whether the pass was completed or not.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

I wasn't impressed with Leonard. From what I saw of him in preseason. But I guess he can be used for special teams. Which needs players on the back end of the roster.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
          I wasn't impressed with Leonard. From what I saw of him in preseason. But I guess he can be used for special teams. Which needs players on the back end of the roster.
          They like his size and speed. Sounds like good traits for a gunner.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Can’t remember an off-season that I thought, well gosh all the deficiencies have been at least adequately addressed. A whopping big trade, pretty decent draft, active FA, all of it has really transformed this team from how can we hide the warts to bring it on mfers. Kudos to TT and Staley.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Here's one for Chaincrusher, hope you like it:

Chargers wide receiver Joshua Palmer sits down with Hayley Elwood on this special installment of Camera On. Get an inside look as he reflects on some moments...
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Can’t remember an off-season that I thought, well gosh all the deficiencies have been at least adequately addressed. A whopping big trade, pretty decent draft, active FA, all of it has really transformed this team from how can we hide the warts to bring it on mfers. Kudos to TT and Staley.
                Just waiting to check off coaching staff now all the tools in the shed :rimshot:

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jStu6r0_o5k
                  Awesome downfield block by Guyton in there.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                    He appears to have the skills to stay with the receiver in man coverage. That's the hard part. Teaching him to look for the ball and not get grabby is easier.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Someone on here posted that the chargers didn’t have players claimed off of waivers so perhaps our roster sucks…but I looked into this and the cardinals, the rams both playoff teams, also like the chargers didn’t have a single player claimed…there are other playoff teams on that list but I can’t remember what I read a few hours ago, OMG…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jStu6r0_o5k
                        :LOL:
                        today peter (schrager ?) from the nfl network graded josh as the #5 breakout player for 2022…
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X