• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmplxgal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • New Jersey
    • Send PM

Hayley Elwood (chargers.com reporter) interview with Josh Palmer (YouTube video)

Chargers wide receiver Joshua Palmer sits down with Hayley Elwood on this special installment of Camera On. Get an inside look as he reflects on some moments...

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Back off my guy Jaimes!
      dude will be a starter somewhere one day.
      Sarell will be a career, practice squad journeyman.
      I kinda think the opposite, but I guess we’ll see.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Back off my guy Jaimes!
        I am not sold on Jaimes. I think Sarell is more likely to have a good career.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Back off my guy Jaimes!
          what are you seeing that I don’t? I’ve been advocating for jaimes since the beginning and I thought he was a good draft pick, but I was really disappointed with the way he looked coming into his second training camp. I was expecting him to come in with a prison body after he realized he needed to get stronger and with one year of NFL caliber training under his belt. He kind of reminds me of lamp, solid college tackles that struggled to transition inside…but unlike lamp who had injury problems, jaimes came into camp looking like he did very little to improve his physique, quite the opposite he looked even less fit than when we drafted him, I don’t understand that, why not dive into the profession, spend the time in the gym, learning how to eat right, and get stronger? Size and athleticism alone isn’t going to cut it in the NFL where everyone else is athletic and big too…I would’ve liked jaimes to come in to year two and dominate the 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth stringers he played against in preseason. And if he’s a guy that is not going to win with power he should be making it up with impeccable technique but instead I saw him getting manhandled and outclassed…

right now I am down on him because he looked so crisp last year and I expected a step up and that just didn’t materialize…would you trust him to fill in at guard during a game? The rookie Salyer has completely over taken him on the roster so right now he’s 3rd string at guard…I just expected more from him this year…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
            WustinSlurbert
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
            I wasn't impressed with Leonard. From what I saw of him in preseason. But I guess he can be used for special teams. Which needs players on the back end of the roster.
            Deane Leonard and JT Woods just need to clean up a few things, and no doubt they will. I have all the confidence in the world in both of them. Staley's scheme is hard enough for veterans to come in and learn, much less a raw rookie. Both are gonna be just fine, it's just gonna take a little time, which should at least be expected from Leonard considering he was a 7th round pick.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Back off my guy Jaimes!
              My impression is that Jaimes will be a decent NFL OG.
              Sarell looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Pat_Swindle View Post

Deane Leonard and JT Woods just need to clean up a few things, and no doubt they will. I have all the confidence in the world in both of them. Staley's scheme is hard enough for veterans to come in and learn, much less a raw rookie. Both are gonna be just fine, it's just gonna take a little time, which should at least be expected from Leonard considering he was a 7th round pick.
                Woods, Taylor and Leonard have 4.3 speed. You can't teach that. Woods plays the ball well, all need improvement but we got faster. I'm thinking mostly STs to begin with.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Woods, Taylor and Leonard have 4.3 speed. You can't teach that. Woods plays the ball well, all need improvement but we got faster. I'm thinking mostly STs to begin with.
                  That is, if you think Woods can tackle anyone on special teams.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

My impression is that Jaimes will be a decent NFL OG.
                    Sarell looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.
                    Is it too soon to start talking about O-line 2023 draft prospects? :lol:
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

what are you seeing that I don’t? I’ve been advocating for jaimes since the beginning and I thought he was a good draft pick, but I was really disappointed with the way he looked coming into his second training camp. I was expecting him to come in with a prison body after he realized he needed to get stronger and with one year of NFL caliber training under his belt. He kind of reminds me of lamp, solid college tackles that struggled to transition inside…but unlike lamp who had injury problems, jaimes came into camp looking like he did very little to improve his physique, quite the opposite he looked even less fit than when we drafted him, I don’t understand that, why not dive into the profession, spend the time in the gym, learning how to eat right, and get stronger? Size and athleticism alone isn’t going to cut it in the NFL where everyone else is athletic and big too…I would’ve liked jaimes to come in to year two and dominate the 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth stringers he played against in preseason. And if he’s a guy that is not going to win with power he should be making it up with impeccable technique but instead I saw him getting manhandled and outclassed…

right now I am down on him because he looked so crisp last year and I expected a step up and that just didn’t materialize…would you trust him to fill in at guard during a game? The rookie Salyer has completely over taken him on the roster so right now he’s 3rd string at guard…I just expected more from him this year…
                      No I hear you, I'm posting in jest.
                      he has disappointed this year, I think he has potential still and consider his making the roster a good sign.
                      and his beard is cool.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That is, if you think Woods can tackle anyone on special teams.
                        He can intimidate a punt returner to fair catch or take him out when the ball gets there. Create a fumble.
                        Chase & tackle ? Not so much. He needs to improve that.

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Whoa we have that kind of speed on defense?

Comment

Working...
                          X