• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I'm sorry, but I disagree on your conclusions. Who else is better equipped to evaluate where Spiller is at, than his RB unit coach, offensive coordinator, and head coach? Sony Michel is transitioning from the Bill Belichick system to Sean Payton's offensive system. He will adjust and he will be an asset to this offense. I fricken love the kid and have since he was a star at Georgia.
    Only problem is, he’s lost that juice.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      I can't quite figure this coaching staff out. I said before the start of the season that we have the players now but do we have the right coaching staff? I wonder about that even more now. I sure wish they'd get it figured out before it's too late.
      The coaching staff is incapable of deviating from a preplanned script.

Sometimes the script doesn't work from the start. Other times it works until the opposing team makes halftime adjustments. But for whatever reason, they refuse to deviate from the script even when it's clear the opposition has figured out what's in it.

Put another way, you can go to McDonald's and order anything off the menu and the staff has no problems. But as soon as you ask for no onions, they don't know what to do. That's not in the script. So they put onions on it, anyway.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Only problem is, he’s lost that juice.
        This is your assessment? Based on Michel's 2022 tape? I haven't seen a large enough sample size to make a determination. In my mind, Michel needs the carries to be really effective; the carries a feature back receives. To play between the tackles, while Ekeler is playing the Alvin Kamara role in the Saints offense, out of the backfield and in the flat.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

This is your assessment? Based on Michel's 2022 tape? I haven't seen a large enough sample size to make a determination. In my mind, Michel needs the carries to be really effective; the carries a feature back receives. To play between the tackles, while Ekeler is playing the Alvin Kamara role in the Saints offense, out of the backfield and in the flat.
          only problem is that we are doing the such at the detriment of Kelley's development, which atm has shown to be of a greater acceleration than Michel's acclimation process....
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Where does a possession receiver fit in Sean Payton's offensive attack? It doesn't have a role for a Cole Beasley, a Wes Welker or Julian Edelman or Hunter Renfrow like the Bills/Patriot/Raider offenses do. These guys are zone defense killers in the fact that they sit down in the gaps in zone schemes with sight-adjusted routes.
            huh.... like Lombo doesn't have a role/fit for Keenan Allen ??

what scheme doesn't have a need for a receiver that consistently gets o-p-e-n ?? !!
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

I read all these posts about who should be the RBs but are the RB's the reason we don't have a good running attack or is it the blocking/scheme? I think our RBs are really pretty good. A team with a very good passing attack should be able to run the ball better than we are. We should have plays where we pop some big runs because the defense is concentrating on our passing game. Again I ask, is it coaching?
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

The bold above also makes me wonder if we wrongly blame the Lombardi. Sounds like Staley decides who plays. Perhaps that's how it should be.
                He is the HC. Don't know why some keep asking why Lombardi can't see it...when it comes to having certain guys on the field?
                Just too easy to blame the guy you don't want to like.

I want to believe Spiller is at least as effective as Michel but Staley wanted him here so he thinks he brings something. He hasn't impressed much and I'm think it's more the blocking.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

I read all these posts about who should be the RBs but are the RB's the reason we don't have a good running attack or is it the blocking/scheme? I think our RBs are really pretty good. A team with a very good passing attack should be able to run the ball better than we are. We should have plays where we pop some big runs because the defense is concentrating on our passing game. Again I ask, is it coaching?
                  It takes a while for the O line to gel and come together. We have been dealing with a lot of injuries as well, I would expect to see the running game improve week to week going forward. We don't need to be the 1984 Rams with Eric Dickerson running the ball but what we had last week was a very good compliment to the passing game. Always room for improvement though.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I'm sorry, but I disagree on your conclusions. Who else is better equipped to evaluate where Spiller is at, than his RB unit coach, offensive coordinator, and head coach? Sony Michel is transitioning from the Bill Belichick system to Sean Payton's offensive system. He will adjust and he will be an asset to this offense. I fricken love the kid and have since he was a star at Georgia.
                    1.83 ypc speaks for itself. The Dolphins cut him, and now we know why. He's not that old, but he's high mileage and he is reaching that age where RBs who've had a lot of carries in the NFL start to slow down.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

1.83 ypc speaks for itself. The Dolphins cut him, and now we know why. He's not that old, but he's high mileage and he is reaching that age where RBs who've had a lot of carries in the NFL start to slow down.
                      Like my BF Goodrich tires on my 68' 440 Charger 4 spd. They are always new or newer yet seem to always be bald. Just like Sony, not that old but a lot of tread missing.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Limited reps. both in person and via game film. Still has vision to see the cut-back lanes and use his blockers, just isn’t as explosive as he use to be, it happens. It’s really evident watching the young backs, especially head to head. Pierce is explosive, his cut back is so sharp and decisive like he’s going to the house every time. Isiah Pacheco, rookie for KC same thing. Don’t see Michel getting those legs back, but you keep on keeping on if that’s your thing.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2021
                          • Carlsbad, CA
                          • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                          • Send PM

Michel should be on the practice squad along with QB3. Again, poor decision by Staley.

Comment

Working...
                          X