• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmplxgal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • New Jersey
    • Send PM

I thought it was interesting that this season the Chargers made only one change to their 53-man roster between the "original" roster after the final cut-down and the roster for today's game--signing Michel and waiving Rountree. In past seasons they usually made multiple transactions during that time period. And now they have even more time to make changes, two weeks instead of one with the elimination of the fourth preseason game. This speaks, I think, to a roster with a lot fewer weaknesses than before.

Also, some of those first-week transactions used to be putting players on IR. That wasn't necessary this season--a result of Staley's approach to the preseason?

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
      I thought it was interesting that this season the Chargers made only one change to their 53-man roster between the "original" roster after the final cut-down and the roster for today's game--signing Michel and waiving Rountree. In past seasons they usually made multiple transactions during that time period. And now they have even more time to make changes, two weeks instead of one with the elimination of the fourth preseason game. This speaks, I think, to a roster with a lot fewer weaknesses than before.

Also, some of those first-week transactions used to be putting players on IR. That wasn't necessary this season--a result of Staley's approach to the preseason?
      You say a lot of wisdom. Hope it pays off.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

So, after the Raiders game, is Carter WR3? Is Kelley RB2?
        C-should be
        K-already was
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
          C-should be
          K-already was

Kelley and Michel are listed as co-number twos on the Chargers' depth chart:

Los Angeles Chargers Depth Chart: The official source of the latest Chargers player depth chart and team information.

Kelley looked better yesterday.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

If you win week1, the strategy is a hands down proven brilliant success. Even if you lose, its a 50-50. No top starters play more in PS total from all 4 games combined than they play in Game1. I’d like to see just one or two series to knock some rust but dont disagree with Staleys zero tolerance approach.

Its a 17 game season as well, no need for early wear on the key veterans.

2 weeks from PS4 to Game1 is just weird imo.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Kelley and Michel are listed as co-number twos on the Chargers' depth chart:

Los Angeles Chargers Depth Chart: The official source of the latest Chargers player depth chart and team information.

Kelley looked better yesterday.
              Lol good catch - i didnt know they listed co-2’s. Thats weird, almost participation trophy shit

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

C-should be
                K-already was
                Carter played half the snaps of Palmer. My guess is when Keenan went out , Palmer moved/stayed outside and Carter went to the slot.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

So if Keenan is out, who do they bring up this week. Bandy or Reed? My guess would be Bandy to help with the slot. Reed offers a little more big play ability. Either one would be fine with me. But please no Jason Moore

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                    So if Keenan is out, who do they bring up this week. Bandy or Reed? My guess would be Bandy to help with the slot. Reed offers a little more big play ability. Either one would be fine with me. But please no Jason Moore
                    I would use Ekeler in the slot and stick with what we have, bringing Bandy up as depth.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                      But please no Jason Moore

Yes. Why do they even bother keeping him around?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

If you win week1, the strategy is a hands down proven brilliant success. Even if you lose, its a 50-50. No top starters play more in PS total from all 4 games combined than they play in Game1. I’d like to see just one or two series to knock some rust but dont disagree with Staleys zero tolerance approach.

Its a 17 game season as well, no need for early wear on the key veterans.

2 weeks from PS4 to Game1 is just weird imo.
                        At least we are not the Cardinals -- fans out here are ready to fire Kingsbury and bring in guys like Xavier Rhodes and Chris Harris Jr to get better CB play. So all in all, not a bad -- if Strap Harris is the answer - thats not a good question

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

if I'm team Tommy John/Stalesco, am on the lookout for another vet RB.... this year is not the year to play Mr. Nice Guy and stay loyal to some vet who may not have much if anything left in the tank ??

my preference would (still) be to send that sixth rounder to Cleveland for D'Ernest Johnson....
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X