• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

How about calling the razzle dazzle for a loss? We were moving the ball efficiently before that play
    Yep...can't stand our gadget plays...they always seem to epic fail...how about, just unleash the Herbie Krakken for passes longer than 17 yards?

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      You want to know how bad our run game is? Bottom of the league in yards before and after contact.

https://twitter.com/wayne_sports_/st...xmt2tOK2ldUZYA
      Is Spiller ever going to see the field? What a waste of deaft pick.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Yeah, what is the deal with Spiller? He was supposed to light the run game on fire. When he was drafted, we were all saying our 2nd RB problem was solved. But he hasn't been active either game. Is he fighting an injury?

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, what is the deal with Spiller? He was supposed to light the run game on fire. When he was drafted, we were all saying our 2nd RB problem was solved. But he hasn't been active either game. Is he fighting an injury?
          I think he is. I know he got injured in preseason.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Run defense is noticeably improved while run offense is still stalling.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I think he is. I know he got injured in preseason.
              He’s fine now but lost his spot to Kelley and Michel.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Its only been 2 games since he was drafted. Too soon to say anything. If there was a gaping hole of no RB2 options, I would bet that he would have played sooner but Kelley has done very well and Sony is a proven capable vet.

I’d give it some time. Remember back that the time of draft

- A. They didn’t know Kelley would make such a big jump in performance
                - B. Sony wasn’t available or signed.

hindsight always helps vision, but drafting a RB was not a bad move at that time. I do also hope to see him sometime soon too. But they will not have 4 tailbacks plus Horvath active for games. Who sits? Not Horvath - he’s 1 of 1 at FB. Either Kelley or Sony have to sit to make room for Spiller. Who goes to the bench?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Its only been 2 games since he was drafted. Too soon to say anything. If there was a gaping hole of no RB2 options, I would bet that he would have played sooner but Kelley has done very well and Sony is a proven capable vet.

hindsight always helps vision, but drafting a RB was not a bad move at that time. I do also hope to see him sometime soon too. But they will not have 4 tailbacks plus Horvath active for games. Who sits? Not Horvath - he’s 1 of 1 at FB. Either Kelley or Sony have to sit to make room for Spiller. Who goes to the bench?
                  Sony goes to the bench if you ask me. He looks slow and isn’t giving us anything. Let’s see if the kid can do better

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Spiller looks at Lombo’s running plays and cramps up.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Sony goes to the bench if you ask me. He looks slow and isn’t giving us anything. Let’s see if the kid can do better
                      I’m good with that - lets try it. I don’t think Sony has been horrible though - he ran a couple plays that gained the tough- after-contact yards needed to keep the drive alive. Some other plays - no success. Mixed bag imo.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

I’m good with that - lets try it. I don’t think Sony has been horrible though - he ran a couple plays that gained the tough- after-contact yards needed to keep the drive alive. Some other plays - no success. Mixed bag imo.
                        They like his veteran presence but there’s a reason he’s bounced around

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Well, there was so much optimism about Spiller when he was drafted. Where did that go?

I thought they would use the third round pick on an RB. I felt it was the biggest priority at that point. But they drafted JT Woods and left Dameon Pierce on the board, whom the Texans drafted with the 2nd pick in the 4th round. He had 4.6 ypc against Denver on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                          X