• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguarmanftype
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

I have to say that even if this coaching staff coaches above its trend through the rest of the season and we make the playoffs, we're just setting ourselves up for an even greater disappointment come playoff time. I think we can safely say that Lombardi will at some points in crucial situations regress to the mean and disappoint in play calling, and Renaldo Hill's defense will fail to make crucial 3rd down stop(s). Do we want to settle for mediocrity, or make changes to staff and partly the scheme? Safe to say that Lombardi is too old to make any changes to his play calling style, and his tendencies will always remain for the opposing defenses to exploit. Renaldo Hill has not shown me anything whatsoever to be even considered a remotely competent coordinator in this league, and I haven't seen any willingness to make changes on display.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      I see widespread underachievement by this fanbase.

Of all the times to call for an overhaul. Why now ? It is a crucial moment. Yeah, pick up your toys and go home.

I see a team decimated by injuries.

There is no other way to describe this. The philosophy and commitment by Staley has clearly been to depend on stars and scheme.

Our high salary difference makers are not contributing due to injury. Mack/Bosa. Allen/Williams. That is enough to set back the entire scheme.

This place says now is the time to kick in the balls those we ought to be unwaveringly loyal too.

Too many are whiney and weak because of thus far unmet expectations for 2022. Endlessly projecting negativity and posing as victims is not the way.

Next up is AZ. One at a time. Compete. Bury "Chargering."
      Injuries aside, Staleys run defence has been embarassing for 2 years now. This year ona pace to be the worst run defence since the 1970 merger. This is Staley fixing last years terrible run defence??

Some things are coaching and beyond excuses

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        As I see it, you are "on to evaluating choices for a new GM and HC " Jess is saying if they don't make the playoffs. Do you see the difference? You already throw in the towel, Jeff is still hanging in there with them, staying hopeful.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Just listened to the ‘Herd’ YouTube video. The commentator responds to another that Herbert is a social media QB that gets a pass compared to others, which I believe is ridiculous. The Herd’s response is that Herbert has 9 game winning drives since he has become the starter, which ranks third in the NFL during that time, even more than Mahomes. Meanwhile in that same span, the defense have given up 11 game winning drives, which is by FAR the most during that same span.

The theme here has been the same the last few years now where the Chargers defense has ranked 23rd, 29th, and 29th respectively. I had hoped that by bringing in a defensive coach that it would only help Herbert, but this hasn’t been the case so far. 7 games left in the season where I am still very hopeful that the Chargers defense will become much more of a force in helping the Chargers win games.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Injuries aside, Staleys run defence has been embarassing for 2 years now. This year ona pace to be the worst run defence since the 1970 merger. This is Staley fixing last years terrible run defence??

Some things are coaching and beyond excuses
            Get them off the field occasionally. Split the responsibility.
            Offensive TOP, 3 & outs suck mightily.
            D needs to help themselves but some help from O would be nice.
            Herbert's injury, receiver injuries, OL injuries are a simple reality.
            Calling it an "excuse" and thus meaningless BS is BS.
            I agree that the D should be doing better than they are but pretending that O has no responsibility is absurd.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

As I see it, you are "on to evaluating choices for a new GM and HC " Jess is saying if they don't make the playoffs. Do you see the difference? You already throw in the towel, Jeff is still hanging in there with them, staying hopeful.
              No. You worded it so you absolved Jeff Miller, as it doesn't support your argument, in furthering your efforts painting any opinion, other than your own, has pessimistic. My training ingrains in me to anticipate what happens, after what happens next. To wit, this team's inability to stop the run (See San Francisco and Kansas City games) with it's interior lines - after the trading deadlines - will leaving it at a .500 club at the end of December.

Jeff Miller and I are the pragmatists in this scenario. As we both speak of accountability.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

No. You worded it so you absolved Jeff Miller, as it doesn't support your argument, in furthering your efforts painting any opinion, other than your own, has pessimistic. My training ingrains in me to anticipate what happens, after what happens next. To wit, this team's inability to stop the run (See San Francisco and Kansas City games) with it's interior lines - after the trading deadlines - will leaving it at a .500 club at the end of December.

Jeff Miller and I are the pragmatists in this scenario. As we both speak of accountability.
                You both make projections based on incomplete history assuming that there will be no favorable change in a volatile environment.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

You both make projections based on incomplete history assuming that there will be no favorable change in a volatile environment.

FhjVCskVIAA-96P.jpeg

Go on....

It's about the defensive interior lines and those sums do not add up the last two games. You cannot scheme around old fashioned root-hog football
                  and your chances of stopping the run with players signed up off of the practice squad stakes you no chance in a playoff race at this level of competition.

This is a discussion about the 2022 season entering crunch time and indicative of nothing else. Can't be clear enough on that.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

FhjVCskVIAA-96P.jpeg

Go on....

It's about the defensive interior lines and those sums do not add up the last two games. You cannot scheme around old fashioned root-hog football
                    and your chances of stopping the run with players signed up off of the practice squad stakes you no chance in a playoff race at this level of competition.

This is a discussion about the 2022 season entering crunch time and indicative of nothing else. Can't be clear enough on that.

No disagreement with your stats, just your conclusions.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      I truly believe we are on the verge of a deep playoff run.
                      What year in the future are you referring to?

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Bengals went to the Super Bowl last season. That's what it has to do with.
                        The difference being, the Bengals were a good team.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

FhjVCskVIAA-96P.jpeg

Go on....

You're right - we can't expect to be successful at stopping the run, but how much did those rush yards have to do with us losing that KC game? It was the KC passing game that ultimately pulled out the win. They have one of the very best passing attacks in the league. I only see one team left on our schedule that has a great passing game. We can still rack up several more wins.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X