• Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    wouldn't bat an eye if we went Linderbaum/Zion 1/2

would love a top flight wideout, and.... protecting the Rocket Man is job one.

ps. will add that if we're gonna run a N'awlins scheme, that we need to draft like 'em too....
    There's a lot of Zion's out there.
    I presume you mean ZJohnson,
    ​​who I know you touted.
    Excellent call.
    I would love to get him in round two.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There's a lot of Zion's out there.
      I presume you mean ZJohnson,
      ​​who I know you touted.
      Excellent call.
      I would love to get him in round two.
      Linderbaum and ZJ are fine players. But neither are going to solve the problem at RT. And if our mission is to ‘protect the rocket man’, we need bookends. Luckily there is good stock through R2, maybe R3.

We have more holes than I thought we did at the beginning of the season—RT, DT, EDGE, NB, RB, OG to name a few. And we have depth issues all over the board. I think we jump on the best players at those positions of need first.

Hopefully one or two will already be solved through FA.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

I will prolly mock Charles Cross round 1.
        I know you liked the tape.
        Optimistic re whether or not he is in the draft,
        and whether or not he will be drafted earlier.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Linderbaum and ZJ are fine players. But neither are going to solve the problem at RT. And if our mission is to ‘protect the rocket man’, we need bookends. Luckily there is good stock through R2, maybe R3.

We have more holes than I thought we did at the beginning of the season—RT, DT, EDGE, NB, RB, OG to name a few. And we have depth issues all over the board. I think we jump on the best players at those positions of need first.

Hopefully one or two will already be solved through FA.
          Yep, i said during preseason the depth on this team wasnt very good. Particularly on the OL. RB was also big for me. JJ is doing his usual play half a game, get hurt. Wasnt high on Roundtree but giving him benefit of the doubt but was doing the same with Kelly and he cant beat him out.

Thought this season we would be ok at Edge.......well that isnt working either. CHJ will be gone as probably Facrell. Not sure about Nwosu but need an upgrade regardless.
          Still gonna say we should try and trade Tilley in the offfseason.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yep, i said during preseason the depth on this team wsnt very good. Particularly on the OL. RB was also big for me. JJ is doing hi usual play half a game, get hurt. Wasnt high on Roundtree but giving him benefit of the doubt but was doing the same with Kelly and he cant beat him out. Thought this season we would be ok at Edge.......well that isnt working either. CHJ will be gone as probably Facrell. Not sure about Nwosu but need an upgrade regardless.
            Still gonna say we should try and trade Tilley in the offfseason.
            Reader. Hendricksen. Cincy was able to rebuild their Dline quite nicely this off season.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Re Tyler Linderbaum, I mirror your thoughts. OG & Linsley successor. The talent. The slotting. It's there. I am ready to say draft the best OL in round one, regardless of position. We need young, plug n play starters, moving forward.

PFF. Highest graded Center ever.
              ​​​justConsensus Top 20.

I just got my Ourlads report in the snail mail today. Right in their wheelhouse. Midwest and such.

"He is explosive off the snap and reaches his angles in a hurry. Once there, his twitchy hands and easy balance make him a forceful-on-contact lead man that consistently creates movement at the point of contact."

Imagine Ekeler running behind this.

To top it off. Ourlads also claims Linderbaum can do just fine all by himself in Pass Pro--at 6'3" 290# !!
              It's certainly tempting... his tape is so good. However, I am keeping my mind open this year's draft. It should be interesting to see what this off-season brings with healthy cap space. Our needs may change... depending on free agency.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

I liked Cross’s tape. I think he’s still scratching his potential. But to be honest, that kid Max Mitchell, his tape vs Texas was some of the most impressive I’ve seen. Still need to see him play against other quality opponents, but he may be available in R3 or R4.

Unfortunately, the best team left on the schedule is Liberty. But Louisiana is 7-1, so maybe they’ll get a good bowl game matchup.

Small school + natural RT (instead of left)
                = discount draft status.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I really like what I've seen of Cross. Like you, I think Cross may not be there. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Cross and Linderbaum off the board before we pick. Have you been watching the OG's this season...? There are a lot of good ones this coming draft IMO.

I think EDGE and CB are also big needs. I've done mocks where I pick EDGE and CB 1st/2nd round. Then picked up an OG in the 3rd round.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I really like what I've seen of Cross. Like you, I think Cross may not be there. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Cross and Linderbaum off the board before we pick. Have you been watching the OG's this season...? There are a lot of good ones this coming draft IMO.

I think EDGE and CB are also big needs. I've done mocks where I pick EDGE and CB 1st/2nd round. Then picked up an OG in the 3rd round.
                    I think OG is a position we can solve via FA, though it’s tempting to grab one of the many studs in the draft.

The CB class is deep. We can probably get our future nickel in R4 or R5.

DT is another position that may be filled in FA, but could also be a R3 selection, and possibly another pick on day 3 if FA doesn’t pan out.

Edge players and OTs are harder to come by in FA, and when they’re available, they’re expensive. Telesco is shrewd. He’ll want to lock up high value positions on rookie deals if possible. Look for him to use the R1 and R2 picks on those positions.

The comp picks and later rounds will go towards BPA depth pieces.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Reader. Hendricksen. Cincy was able to rebuild their Dline quite nicely this off season.
                      Acquired BJ Hill as well.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I think OG is a position we can solve via FA, though it’s tempting to grab one of the many studs in the draft.

The CB class is deep. We can probably get our future nickel in R4 or R5.

DT is another position that may be filled in FA, but could also be a R3 selection, and possibly another pick on day 3 if FA doesn’t pan out.

Edge players and OTs are harder to come by in FA, and when they’re available, they’re expensive. Telesco is shrewd. He’ll want to lock up high value positions on rookie deals if possible. Look for him to use the R1 and R2 picks on those positions.

The comp picks and later rounds will go towards BPA depth pieces.
                        IMO, Feiler played RT well for Pittsburgh. I hope he becomes our RT next year. With Aboushi's injury, we would need both a RG and LG. I'd love to get Wyatt Teller @RG and draft a LG in the 3rd (should be a starter... as the OG class is very good/deep. That would take care of our OL.

Waiting until the 4th or 5th for a CB seems risky to me. Would love to pick the best available CB in the 2nd round... just to make sure we get a good one... ala Samuels Jr.

I would to get a NT and a DT through free agency. Then draft a NT and DT in 4th and 5th rounds.

If it all fell right... EDGE in the 1st... CB in the 2nd... LG in the 3rd... DT/NT in the 4th... RB in the 5th... Then lots of depth in rounds 6 and 7.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

IMO, Feiler played RT well for Pittsburgh. I hope he becomes our RT next year. With Aboushi's injury, we would need both a RG and LG. I'd love to get Wyatt Teller @RG and draft a LG in the 3rd (should be a starter... as the OG class is very good/deep. That would take care of our OL.

Waiting until the 4th or 5th for a CB seems risky to me. Would love to pick the best available CB in the 2nd round... just to make sure we get a good one... ala Samuels Jr.

I would to get a NT and a DT through free agency. Then draft a NT and DT in 4th and 5th rounds.

If it all fell right... EDGE in the 1st... CB in the 2nd... LG in the 3rd... DT/NT in the 4th... RB in the 5th... Then lots of depth in rounds 6 and 7.
                          I respect your confidence in Feiler at RT, but I just don’t see it. He’s doing the job we brought him in to do, and he’s doing it well. He’s not getting any younger (30 next fall) and edge players are getting faster and more dynamic. I’d like to see us invest in a serious DUDE who’ll solidify the right side for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Working...
                          X