• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He is the HC. Don't know why some keep asking why Lombardi can't see it...when it comes to having certain guys on the field?
    Just too easy to blame the guy you don't want to like.

I want to believe Spiller is at least as effective as Michel but Staley wanted him here so he thinks he brings something. He hasn't impressed much and I'm think it's more the blocking.
    I never met Lombardi, don’t know how I feel about him.

Also I blame everybody for shitty plays poorly executed. But I also see what can be with this O, Lombo inclusive, just wish there was less fucking up/really bad play calling sometimes. Also wish we could make the playoffs, 2-2 with two Ws against shitty teams, any Tinkerbell sightings?

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      I read all these posts about who should be the RBs but are the RB's the reason we don't have a good running attack or is it the blocking/scheme? I think our RBs are really pretty good. A team with a very good passing attack should be able to run the ball better than we are. We should have plays where we pop some big runs because the defense is concentrating on our passing game. Again I ask, is it coaching?
      I keep saying it...we miss Frank Smith. The new OL/run game coordinator coach has to step up. We saw in the Texans game how complex some of the run blocking is. And that is great when it works, but something so complex just needs one guy to make a mistake or a defender to make a great play to mess up the run. With the current OL, should just be smash mouthing people. They are all huge and maulers.

Re: Michel..he looked good on the Rams last season. He has not had many holes to run through and is by far the best short yardage runner we have on this team. He also has been outstanding in pass blocking (and so has Kelly BTW). I would really like to see some Spiller, though. He may be the best pass catching back we have in terms of talent (he cannot run the routes yet that Ekeler can).

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I keep saying it...we miss Frank Smith. The new OL/run game coordinator coach has to step up. We saw in the Texans game how complex some of the run blocking is. And that is great when it works, but something so complex just needs one guy to make a mistake or a defender to make a great play to mess up the run. With the current OL, should just be smash mouthing people. They are all huge and maulers.

Re: Michel..he looked good on the Rams last season. He has not had many holes to run through and is by far the best short yardage runner we have on this team. He also has been outstanding in pass blocking (and so has Kelly BTW). I would really like to see some Spiller, though. He may be the best pass catching back we have in terms of talent (he cannot run the routes yet that Ekeler can).

TG
        Great take.

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
          Teams can designate 4 PS players as protected each week, preventing teams from signing them.

Yes, but protection takes effect on Tuesday of each week. The practice squad players are fair game on Sunday after the game and on Monday.

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Yes, but protection takes effect on Tuesday of each week. The practice squad players are fair game on Sunday after the game and on Monday.
              Thank you - I had forgotten that.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Thank you - I had forgotten that.
                They should just move him to the 53. I guarantee no one is checking for Jason Moore

Comment

• cmplxgal
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • New Jersey
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  They should just move him to the 53. I guarantee no one is checking for Jason Moore
                  Agreed. He continues to be one of the Chargers' most effective receivers. Moore is on the other end of the spectrum.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                      This is something to smile about!

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

The Chargers:

Have 11 sacks, tied for 6th with six other teams. This is encouraging, given the absence of Bosa for the past game and a half. They got four sacks on Davis Mills Sunday. The Eagles lead the league with 16.

Have 5 INTs, tied with the Eagles for 7th most. Four teams lead the league with 7; two teams have 6.

Are +1 in turnover ration, despite having no fumble recoveries. The D has forced a few but they can't seem to recover them.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          The Chargers:

Have 11 sacks, tied for 6th with six other teams. This is encouraging, given the absence of Bosa for the past game and a half. They got four sacks on Davis Mills Sunday. The Eagles lead the league with 16.

Have 5 INTs, tied with the Eagles for 7th most. Four teams lead the league with 7; two teams have 6.

Are +1 in turnover ration, despite having no fumble recoveries. The D has forced a few but they can't seem to recover them.
                          It’s like the team has flip-flop from last year: dominant D that can’t rake in the balls it jars loose for the easy score, and a O that just barely keeps them in the game. 2-2 is fair. Hopefully we get some (good!) surprises in the games ahead and stop statting like Tarzan, Ws like Jane.

Comment

Working...
                          X