• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

If John Boy, who has his hand up Telesco’s ass like a puppet master, doesn’t go out and get a quality WR before the next game, then fans will boycott the Chargers and ticket revenue will plummet.

To generate sales, you’ve got to give fans something to get enthusiastic about and right now ALL the optimism air has leaked out of the ballon.

A quality Edge defender and new coaches would also help regenerate interest but as a long time Charger fan I know that’s not happening.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

OBJ is still available.. just saying...

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
        OBJ is still available..
        Rumors I’ve heard is he won’t be starting for weeks. Pass.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          I am on the fence on.....

1. Whether we should ride it out, see if we can't persevere and make it to the playoffs, at which point we will be healthier, and next men up tempered and proven, and the team firing on all cylinders, including coaching and scheme....because that is what it is gonna take to make the playoffs at this point anyway...

2. Or, mortgage some of the future, in the form of picks, to add needed talent, to offset the loss of talent, albeit indirectly. In short, push even more chips in the pot for this season...even though it looks like we are holding an inside straight draw....

I'm ok with either option, but to option #2, for the defensive side of the ball, I think we need to rely on Bosa's return, maybe a Fackrell interim replacement, and our young corp of DBs to learn on the fly as depth behind, Vato, Asante, and Bryce....but any big move should be offense....WR, and yes, Elijah Moore is a big target, whatever the Jets are saying. He makes sense money wise, and if your gonna invest draft capitol, it might as well be on a young player developing into his prime...and who adds what we are sorely missing...true speed. Other names have been mentioned...not as familiar with them...but if they can stretch a field, I am in.

In short, I can live with our defense nearly as is, getting better on the fly, getting healthier...but the hinge point of this season is gonna be the offense. We need to stay on the field, we need to score more points...and this in turn will help the defense...but more than anything, we need to set up the heart of this franchise, for years to come, for success...this season we are gonna live or die by Herbert. If we are gonna make some changes, it has got to be to support his game....and if his ribs are healed up, that includes more roll outs, QB draws, and greenlight to scramble instead of 1-2 yard check down throws to the flats.

If I am Staley, I quit talking about what a wonderful QB he is too....just my gut, but I don't think Herbert responds well to that...maybe even gets embarrassed by that. Better to get him one on one and tell him he needs to step up, make plays, do better, put the team on his shoulders...I get a feeling Herbert will respond to criticism/coaching/demands on his performance, more so than praise/fluffing....just my gut.
          Very well said about Herbert! He has been off a few weeks now and he has missed on some plays as well. I think a player of his high character and work ethic would rather hear the truth than be protected from criticism. He has both the ability and mental makeup to carry this team into the playoffs. He only needs the tough and straight talk from the coaches as he gets closer to 100%.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2021
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
            If John Boy, who has his hand up Telesco’s ass like a puppet master, doesn’t go out and get a quality WR before the next game, then fans will boycott the Chargers and ticket revenue will plummet.

To generate sales, you’ve got to give fans something to get enthusiastic about and right now ALL the optimism air has leaked out of the ballon.

A quality Edge defender and new coaches would also help regenerate interest but as a long time Charger fan I know that’s not happening.
            They should have made a run at McCaffrey. That would have put butts in the seats.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

OBJ is annoying. Pass.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

The Chargers have two weeks to refresch.
                We have two weeks to speculate.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

The trading deadline is coming up and we need a WR and EDGE help, you have to believe there will be certain players available that could improve our team. TT really can't stand pat at this point, I would really think about Elijah Moore! There could also be a solid Edge player on the market, so why no?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

I agree i dont think OBJ is our answer and he wont be playing until December. We need WR help now.

But dont be surprised if he is playing effectively for the Chiefs while they make another playoff run the Chargers watch from home.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                      Very well said about Herbert! He has been off a few weeks now and he has missed on some plays as well. I think a player of his high character and work ethic would rather hear the truth than be protected from criticism. He has both the ability and mental makeup to carry this team into the playoffs. He only needs the tough and straight talk from the coaches as he gets closer to 100%.
                      Good call.

Not a terrible idea to give up a 3rd round pick for a young, talented versatile WR that can catch and runs 4.3 that could be with the Chargers for years to come. To me he would be the ideal get if the Jets would move him.

He has plenty of talent. Run game focus and sub standard QB play has held him back with Jets, though he came on last year and ended up with a solid rookie year. I think Herbert could unleash his potential.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I can't figure out why there seems to be such a disconnect between seeing how the injuries on the line and WR with a banged up QB have a huge impact on the offensive output and play calling. They go hand in hand, yet for some strange reason we should be taking 7 step drops and chucking it deep every play because Herbert has a rocket arm. I see such lazy reporting by the press and head scratching takes ignoring that here.
                        Not like we were on fire before the injuries..

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                          I don’t think we need to tell him he fucked up in KC, the look on his face on the sidelines after that play showed how he felt clearly.

Comment

Working...
                          X