• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Maybe the reason that no moves have been made is because there is internal front office accountability being sorted out? Hard to be decisive, if direction/leadership in question from ownership. Seems an awkward silence to me, trying to resolve underlying root cause. None of these names being mentioned would move the needle or stop this spiral down for this season. It would require something major.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The 49ers LOST to the Bears, Broncos and Panthers and are 3-4. So yeah that D is scary but people make it sound like the Chargers are the only team with issues. 7 of our last 10 games are against teams with a worse record than us.
      True but they'll have a huge coaching advantage and we've lost to teams coached by Reid, Pedersen and Carroll. The successful vet HC's are taking our lunch money

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The 49ers LOST to the Bears, Broncos and Panthers and are 3-4. So yeah that D is scary but people make it sound like the Chargers are the only team with issues. 7 of our last 10 games are against teams with a worse record than us.
        I get your points, but the 49ers have more talent than Seattle who just beat us rather easily and good luck stopping their run game. Our defence gets gashed with big plays and our predictable offence doesnt scare anyone.

Honest question. Do you feel really confident in the Chargers going into any game right now?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just don't want the attitude of saving draft picks for next year. Now that doesn't mean do something stupid and sending a bunch of picks out but if you can strategically use picks to improve WR and Edge right now... do it. As if Bosa and williams come back, Allen stays healthy, you might be in position to be very good in latter December and January. And that is the frigin goal.
          Now maybe this week is too early

Houston - unless they pull off a shocker Sunday at home against the Titans will be 1-5-1 at the deadline
          the Broncos at best are 3-5 and going against the Jags, might be 2-6
          Pittsburgh probably will be 2-6 as they play Philly this week

I mention those teams because of Cooks, Hughes, Claypool and the three players from Denver in Chubb, Hamler and Jeudy

Chubb would be very expensive both cap wise and cash wise
          Hughes doesn't make a lot and probably wouldn't cost much

The WRs - cooks. claypool, hamler and jeudy would all have different price tags
          but there might be options so make a friggin deal Telesco
          There are NFL teams out there making things happen. I dont think it is a good look for Telesco to sit on his hands and do nothing to help his depleted, struggling team. Not only fan optics, but get the players (ex HERBERT) some help. Otherwise have Staley stop talking about being 4-3 and being in great position for a playoff run. Pretty clear the pass rush and offence need some life infused right now.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

If nothing else, I would do something to throw your young franchise QB some help when he is gutting out games on a painful injury for this team. Staley always talks about the importance of Herbert to this franchise and about building everything around him. Time to walk the talk.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

If nothing else, I would do something to throw your young franchise QB some help when he is gutting out games on a painful injury for this team. Staley always talks about the importance of Herbert to this franchise and about building everything around him. Time to walk the talk.
              It is literally painful to watch Herbert right now, forced to throw in tight windows to blanketed receivers who cant get open or downfield every bloody game. Way too much to ask of any QB.

Comment

• DennisR91
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2021
                • Send PM

It is literally painful to watch Herbert right now, forced to throw in tight windows to blanketed receivers who cant get open or downfield every bloody game. Way too much to ask of any QB.
                I agree

and you make me think if opposing team just say
                dont worry about ekeler he will get his yards

then all they have to do is cover the other receivers

too ez :/

edit if indeed wr corps is deficient. Also a big jump ball type

M80 type as example and or a good tight end additional.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Everett has been highly productive and gritty.
                  Everett is tied w/ Mike Williams for second on the Chargers in targets. Fairly modest output relative to that volume of catches.

I'd argue no position group has fallen off more precipitously than the TE groupings. I thought they were an absolute strength last season, and I do not hold that view any longer.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Everett is tied w/ Mike Williams for second on the Chargers in targets. Fairly modest output relative to that volume of catches.

I'd argue no position group has fallen off more precipitously than the TE groupings. I thought they were an absolute strength last season, and I do not hold that view any longer.
                    Our giraffe is in the infirmary.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Probably right along with our season Wu

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Actually this season has been very mediocre...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

There are NFL teams out there making things happen. I dont think it is a good look for Telesco to sit on his hands and do nothing to help his depleted, struggling team. Not only fan optics, but get the players (ex HERBERT) some help. Otherwise have Staley stop talking about being 4-3 and being in great position for a playoff run. Pretty clear the pass rush and offence need some life infused right now.
                          Now, maybe teams are waiting until next week to make trades. Granted, the Broncos at best are 3-5
                          The Texans probably not going anywhere

So if the Chargers made a trade this week - would have all of next week
                          But I will give him until next Tuesday to make a trade - the deadline

Comment

Working...
                          X