Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

It is literally painful to watch Herbert right now, forced to throw in tight windows to blanketed receivers who cant get open or downfield every bloody game. Way too much to ask of any QB.
    I could quote this post or any number of them the past 2.5 years when it was first made obvious that the best/smartest way to build this team was to support your best player (Herbert)
    that first offseason, we did a great job overhauling the Oline, but completely missed on our 2 3d round picks (Palmer/McKitty) and spend the rest of our resources overhauling a defense to Staley's desire.
    In the end, the best way to support your QB is DIRECTLY, we over estimated our weapons.
    Hope we have learned our lesson and make a serious trade for a serious weapon that will move the needle.

Elijah Moore train
    choo choo
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I could quote this post or any number of them the past 2.5 years when it was first made obvious that the best/smartest way to build this team was to support your best player (Herbert)
      that first offseason, we did a great job overhauling the Oline, but completely missed on our 2 3d round picks (Palmer/McKitty) and spend the rest of our resources overhauling a defense to Staley's desire.
      In the end, the best way to support your QB is DIRECTLY, we over estimated our weapons.
      Hope we have learned our lesson and make a serious trade for a serious weapon that will move the needle.

Elijah Moore train
      choo choo
      Now that you mention it, it sure looks like the 2021 draft gave the Chargers no one after the 2nd round again,

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Elijah Moore train
        choo choo
        I am just surprised with a team like KC right in the division - that Telesco hasn't gotten more speed on the roster at the WR position. You can't teach it...

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          I am on the fence on.....

If I am Staley, I quit talking about what a wonderful QB he is too....just my gut, but I don't think Herbert responds well to that...maybe even gets embarrassed by that. Better to get him one on one and tell him he needs to step up, make plays, do better, put the team on his shoulders...I get a feeling Herbert will respond to criticism/coaching/demands on his performance, more so than praise/fluffing....just my gut.
          But we got a QB who's...GANGSTA! That sounds SOOOO FAKE and un-genuine! What the fuck does that even mean? Herbert is NOWHERE NEAR gangsta. I just thought that was so corny of him to say that about Justin.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am just surprised with a team like KC right in the division - that Telesco hasn't gotten more speed on the roster at the WR position. You can't teach it...
            I think many of us under estimated how important something so simple was so needed.
            many of us were content to spew the too-obvious adage of, "speed isn't everything"

well it's something, and we don't have it, or know what to do with it if it fell unto our laps.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Staley's obsession with James is also suspect.
              I love James as much as any other Charger fans, but it's obviously not working.
              feels like James is being pushed into a bigger role than he's capable of. Not a knock on him, it's more a reflection on Staley.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Not only not bringing speed but it’s clearly obvious what an offense can look like with a successful experienced offensive HC can bring to a QB that had all the tools. Reid and Mahomes have been staring the Chargers directly in the face for years, and the front office continues to experiment with rookie HCs. This team will never go anywhere as long as the Spanos family is in charge. It’s sad for the fans but facts and 90-100% of the fans know that.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Staley's obsession with James is also suspect.
                  I love James as much as any other Charger fans, but it's obviously not working.
                  feels like James is being pushed into a bigger role than he's capable of. Not a knock on him, it's more a reflection on Staley.
                  Exactly. Maybe he is being asked to do so much that it is limiting his effectiveness.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I think many of us under estimated how important something so simple was so needed.
                    many of us were content to spew the too-obvious adage of, "speed isn't everything"

well it's something, and we don't have it, or know what to do with it if it fell unto our laps.
                    Josh Palmer - might be a nice player someday but he not the speed merchant that would be needed with Allen and Williams. Williams does go deep often but not the downfield thread of other receivers.

I know John Boy is in the front office but I do also wonder even without John Boy how sucessful Telesco would be. He just might not be good at his job.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Elijah Moore train
                      choo choo
                      I totally scratched my head when they totally reached on a blocking TE in the 3rd round. This year a reach ona safety that is nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. This shit has to stop because it is leaving holes on the roster that could be filled with affordable contracts

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

But we got a QB who's...GANGSTA! That sounds SOOOO FAKE and un-genuine! What the fuck does that even mean? Herbert is NOWHERE NEAR gangsta. I just thought that was so corny of him to say that about Justin.
                        Staley tries a little too hard to be a cool football dude

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I totally scratched my head when they totally reached on a blocking TE in the 3rd round. This year a reach ona safety that is nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. This shit has to stop because it is leaving holes on the roster that could be filled with affordable contracts
                          He is leaving holes on the roster that need to be filled with older veterans who are more likely to break down. JT Woods - is that his name - nowhere ready to play in the NFL. Drafted McKitty over a guy like Meinerz who is starting for the Broncos I believe.

I get every team/GM makes bad picks. But historically, Telesco in Round 3 and Round 4 - he might as well let the fans pick he has been so bad. Especially if you include he has traded away three 4ths and 1 third. And to date - none of the players he has traded up for got a second contract with the Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                          X