• Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

and yet, right now, they are the 7th seed so would be in the play-offs
    so lets just hope Telesco makes some moves to at least TRY to replace the injured players
    Can you even imagine what Deebo and McCaffrey do against this Charger run defense?
    :freakout:

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Telesco wont do anything, if that doesnt tell you something about this franchise than you are blind... I guess we are all blind people following a blind leader...

Time to wake up people, this franchise sucks big time, it always has.

Feel sorry for Herbert, out of the galaxy talent wasted by this stupid sorry ass franchise.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        This is the time to bring in some reinforcement players.
        They have the bye week to get them in.
        W.Fuller-WR
        D.Williams-RT
        B.Breeland-CB
        R.Armstead-RB
        T.Cohen-RB
        My guesses will be

Isabella type at WR - for Mike Williams
        Kyler Fackrell for Edge depth to cover Rumph

Mind you the replacements so far for Slater - nobody; Bosa - a practice squad player and Hightower at WR

Might be nice if Telesco tries to get a bit more experience than a practic squad guy

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My guesses will be

Isabella type at WR - for Mike Williams
          Kyler Fackrell for Edge depth to cover Rumph

Mind you the replacements so far for Slater - nobody; Bosa - a practice squad player and Hightower at WR

Might be nice if Telesco tries to get a bit more experience than a practic squad guy
          Why is Isabella being memtioned? Has his name come up for us somewhere? Last I heard he was cut by AZ and on someone's PS.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

I am on the fence on.....

1. Whether we should ride it out, see if we can't persevere and make it to the playoffs, at which point we will be healthier, and next men up tempered and proven, and the team firing on all cylinders, including coaching and scheme....because that is what it is gonna take to make the playoffs at this point anyway...

2. Or, mortgage some of the future, in the form of picks, to add needed talent, to offset the loss of talent, albeit indirectly. In short, push even more chips in the pot for this season...even though it looks like we are holding an inside straight draw....

I'm ok with either option, but to option #2, for the defensive side of the ball, I think we need to rely on Bosa's return, maybe a Fackrell interim replacement, and our young corp of DBs to learn on the fly as depth behind, Vato, Asante, and Bryce....but any big move should be offense....WR, and yes, Elijah Moore is a big target, whatever the Jets are saying. He makes sense money wise, and if your gonna invest draft capitol, it might as well be on a young player developing into his prime...and who adds what we are sorely missing...true speed. Other names have been mentioned...not as familiar with them...but if they can stretch a field, I am in.

In short, I can live with our defense nearly as is, getting better on the fly, getting healthier...but the hinge point of this season is gonna be the offense. We need to stay on the field, we need to score more points...and this in turn will help the defense...but more than anything, we need to set up the heart of this franchise, for years to come, for success...this season we are gonna live or die by Herbert. If we are gonna make some changes, it has got to be to support his game....and if his ribs are healed up, that includes more roll outs, QB draws, and greenlight to scramble instead of 1-2 yard check down throws to the flats.

If I am Staley, I quit talking about what a wonderful QB he is too....just my gut, but I don't think Herbert responds well to that...maybe even gets embarrassed by that. Better to get him one on one and tell him he needs to step up, make plays, do better, put the team on his shoulders...I get a feeling Herbert will respond to criticism/coaching/demands on his performance, more so than praise/fluffing....just my gut.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

While popper struggles to answer his own question maybe he has a bit better perspective on why there’s so much toxicity in the Charger fan base.

they are especially putrid at home despite a 2-2 record. The two losses were blow outs to a bad and mid level team. One of the wins was the least entertaining football game I’ve ever had the displeasure of witnessing in person and the opener against the raiders was satisfying tempered by turtling. It’s a bad entertainment proposition and I’m seeing empty seats

And as for the big 3 game winning streak.... the Chargers squeaked by Houston 1-4-1, Cleveland 2-5, Denver 2-5.

Good luck with the next part of the schedule like Chiefs and 49ers

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

1. Whether we should ride it out, see if we can't persevere and make it to the playoffs, at which point we will be healthier, and next men up tempered and proven, and the team firing on all cylinders, including coaching and scheme....because that is what it is gonna take to make the playoffs at this point anyway...

2. Or, mortgage some of the future, in the form of picks, to add needed talent, to offset the loss of talent, albeit indirectly. In short, push even more chips in the pot for this season...even though it looks like we are holding an inside straight draw....

I'm ok with either option, but to option #2, for the defensive side of the ball, I think we need to rely on Bosa's return, maybe a Fackrell interim replacement, and our young corp of DBs to learn on the fly as depth behind, Vato, Asante, and Bryce....but any big move should be offense....WR, and yes, Elijah Moore is a big target, whatever the Jets are saying. He makes sense money wise, and if your gonna invest draft capitol, it might as well be on a young player developing into his prime...and who adds what we are sorely missing...true speed. Other names have been mentioned...not as familiar with them...but if they can stretch a field, I am in.

In short, I can live with our defense nearly as is, getting better on the fly, getting healthier...but the hinge point of this season is gonna be the offense. We need to stay on the field, we need to score more points...and this in turn will help the defense...but more than anything, we need to set up the heart of this franchise, for years to come, for success...this season we are gonna live or die by Herbert. If we are gonna make some changes, it has got to be to support his game....and if his ribs are healed up, that includes more roll outs, QB draws, and greenlight to scramble instead of 1-2 yard check down throws to the flats.

If I am Staley, I quit talking about what a wonderful QB he is too....just my gut, but I don't think Herbert responds well to that...maybe even gets embarrassed by that. Better to get him one on one and tell him he needs to step up, make plays, do better, put the team on his shoulders...I get a feeling Herbert will respond to criticism/coaching/demands on his performance, more so than praise/fluffing....just my gut.
                4-3 record, 7 play off spots, ten games to go
                I am not going crazy with draft picks but if you can use one or two to help Edge and WR - I think the team has to try, Fackrell is probably better than the PS player they signed. He played against the TExans but haven;'t seen him sense.

CB is tricky - but the three names you mention I think will be fine. Need to add one more for depth - but probably okay hitting the PS though if there is a veteran - sign them

Its all about hitting the QB and WR. I think the Chargers need two WRs: Bandy is not the answer and they need to replace Mike Williams with Palmer out too. And you are right, if the offense scores more, that does help the defense. Even ball control and flipping field positionb

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

If the Chargers front office makes a move this bye week period, it's fair to say if this is the push year or if it's still another year away, a move or no move would indicate the thinking.

I believe it's still one year too soon as there isn't enough depth (especially along the defensive line) to vanquish the Chiefs or the Bills in the playoffs. Also, I am let down by Gerald Everett at TE. His drop on 3rd and long late in the Seattle game was brutal. Too many of these unclutch plays from our 13 personnel this season, which was strength last year.

Josh Kelley
                  Keenan Allen
                  Mike Williams
                  Josh Palmer
                  Jalen Guyton
                  Donald Parham
                  Rashawn Slater
                  Trey Pipkins
                  Joey Bosa
                  Chris Rumph
                  JC Jackson
                  Dustin Hopkins

2022 Injured Chargers

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                    And as for the big 3 game winning streak.... the Chargers squeaked by Houston 1-4-1, Cleveland 2-5, Denver 2-5.

Good luck with the next part of the schedule like Chiefs and 49ers
                    The 49ers LOST to the Bears, Broncos and Panthers and are 3-4. So yeah that D is scary but people make it sound like the Chargers are the only team with issues. 7 of our last 10 games are against teams with a worse record than us.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The 49ers LOST to the Bears, Broncos and Panthers and are 3-4. So yeah that D is scary but people make it sound like the Chargers are the only team with issues. 7 of our last 10 games are against teams with a worse record than us.
                      I just don't want the attitude of saving draft picks for next year. Now that doesn't mean do something stupid and sending a bunch of picks out but if you can strategically use picks to improve WR and Edge right now... do it. As if Bosa and williams come back, Allen stays healthy, you might be in position to be very good in latter December and January. And that is the frigin goal.
                      Now maybe this week is too early

Houston - unless they pull off a shocker Sunday at home against the Titans will be 1-5-1 at the deadline
                      the Broncos at best are 3-5 and going against the Jags, might be 2-6
                      Pittsburgh probably will be 2-6 as they play Philly this week

I mention those teams because of Cooks, Hughes, Claypool and the three players from Denver in Chubb, Hamler and Jeudy

Chubb would be very expensive both cap wise and cash wise
                      Hughes doesn't make a lot and probably wouldn't cost much

The WRs - cooks. claypool, hamler and jeudy would all have different price tags
                      but there might be options so make a friggin deal Telesco
                      Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 10-25-2022, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                        If the Chargers front office makes a move this bye week period, it's fair to say if this is the push year or if it's still another year away, a move or no move would indicate the thinking.

I believe it's still one year too soon as there isn't enough depth (especially along the defensive line) to vanquish the Chiefs or the Bills in the playoffs. Also, I am let down by Gerald Everett at TE. His drop on 3rd and long late in the Seattle game was brutal. Too many of these unclutch plays from our 13 personnel this season, which was strength last year.

Josh Kelley
                        Keenan Allen
                        Mike Williams
                        Josh Palmer
                        Jalen Guyton
                        Donald Parham
                        Rashawn Slater
                        Trey Pipkins
                        Joey Bosa
                        Chris Rumph
                        JC Jackson
                        Dustin Hopkins

2022 Injured Chargers
                        Everett has been highly productive and gritty.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• DennisR91
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Last edited by DennisR91; 10-25-2022, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X