• Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Indeed.
    It is encouraging to see Parham and Palmer progressing in concussion protocols.
    but what was up with Keenan not practicing yesterday? trick or treat?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Indeed.
      It is encouraging to see Parham and Palmer progressing in concussion protocols.
      Were they full participants in practice or just working out on the side?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Were they full participants in practice or just working out on the side?
        On the side. Per next step of concussion protocols.
        KA is a different story.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

but what was up with Keenan not practicing yesterday? trick or treat?
          Spasms in the upper leg.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Herbert has pocket envy:

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Herbert has pocket envy:

Yup. Any schmo could step and and connect..oh hey!

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

Daniel Popper was on Locked on Chargers, which is a top-notch podcast in my opinion. He made some great points.. I love Popper’s insights too. He talked a bit about the injuries on the offensive side that has had its impact. Herbert has been nowhere near his usual self since the injury. The loss of Slater, Allen, and Linsley have been huge. Mr. First Down, Allen, is such an underrated loss in my opinion and add in Slater, those would be a lot for any coach to overcome in a few weeks. The good part is that that Allen and a few weeks later Williams will be back on the field, even with talks of a late return by Slater.

According to Popper, who I have a ton of respect for by the way, the defense is much closer to being good than it appears. Take away the miscommunications on several plays that were very costly, you have a very different movie. If the defense can carry the Chargers to a couple of victories over the next few weeks, things may seriously turn in the Chargers favor!

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2020
                  • Send PM

I don’t like a lot of turnover, especially with a young talented QB like Herbert in the fold. Even TT has gotten better over time, very slowly, but certainly has gotten better, aside from mid-round picks.

Do you really trust ownership to provide stability now with a young top tier talented QB? Hell no.. I will pass on that, so I am hoping we see the Chargers still reach the post season where anyone can win, especially considering Herbert should be feeling better by then. I think Lombardi main concern should be the health of this franchise QB!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                    Daniel Popper was on Locked on Chargers, which is a top-notch podcast in my opinion. He made some great points.. I love Popper’s insights too. He talked a bit about the injuries on the offensive side that has had its impact. Herbert has been nowhere near his usual self since the injury. The loss of Slater, Allen, and Linsley have been huge. Mr. First Down, Allen, is such an underrated loss in my opinion and add in Slater, those would be a lot for any coach to overcome in a few weeks. The good part is that that Allen and a few weeks later Williams will be back on the field, even with talks of a late return by Slater.

According to Popper, who I have a ton of respect for by the way, the defense is much closer to being good than it appears. Take away the miscommunications on several plays that were very costly, you have a very different movie. If the defense can carry the Chargers to a couple of victories over the next few weeks, things may seriously turn in the Chargers favor!
                    That is an optmistic take.

Yes Mike Williams will be back in 4 to 6 weeks but with 4 of the next 5 games on the road and the only home game against the Chiefs, the chance at playoffs could be pretty dim by then.

This is the crucial part of the schedule and why many of us wanted to see some help brought in for this sputtering offence.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

thanks for the update
                      but there is one thing - even if those players come back - which is a big IF - the WRs aren't getting faster

But Allen would help a lot - he is very reliable

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

That is an optmistic take.

Yes Mike Williams will be back in 4 to 6 weeks but with 4 of the next 5 games on the road and the only home game against the Chiefs, the chance at playoffs could be pretty dim by then.

This is the crucial part of the schedule and why many of us wanted to see some help brought in for this sputtering offence.
                        Exactly correct. Bandy is not the answer; not sure Moore is the answer. Seyi Ajirotutu and Dontrelle Inman are better than those two players.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Very optimistic but at this point I do not trust this coaching staff to make the proper adjustments and turn it around. I hope I’m wrong but I have seen nothing from them to trust.

Comment

Working...
                          X