Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
    Looking ahead to 2023

Thinking of pass rush which has been non existent for weeks. One would think it will be addressed in draft and Bosa should be back but what about Khaili Mack?

He has been ok and i am not blaming it all on him but he is no longer elite, without Bosa's presence he is being neutralized and not getting to the QB....as i said there is NO pass rush right now. Getting a healthy Bosa (maybe) next year could help but Mack is another year older so here is the question

Do you take on his 27 million cap hit next year after what we have seen the last few weeks? I dont see how you justify that.
    Mack is fine - he isn't young but he literally has no help. He has to play too many snaps since he is literally the only pass rusher on the team. If Bosa was back and we had an actual depth guy or two he'd look a whole lot better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Mack is fine - he isn't young but he literally has no help. He has to play too many snaps since he is literally the only pass rusher on the team. If Bosa was back and we had an actual depth guy or two he'd look a whole lot better.
      I am keeping Mack and Bosa
      keenan Allen might be let go
      Feiler for Salyer could be a change

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
        keenan Allen might be let go
        And replaced by whom? He's the only offensive player who could score a TD yesterday, why would the Chargers let him go? How many WRs in this league could catch that pass from Herbert in the end zone with a defender draped all over him?

Comment

• lightsout42
          Hire a winning coach
          • Oct 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          And replaced by whom? He's the only offensive player who could score a TD yesterday, why would the Chargers let him go? How many WRs in this league could catch that pass from Herbert in the end zone with a defender draped all over him?
          Agree that KA makes this offense work. Without him it’s just dead. But we need to find his heir-apparent in the next two seasons; he’s getting older. Palmer is shaping up to be a good WR but not seeing that kind of special there.

Comment

• SBbound
            Casual fanatic
            • Feb 2019
            • Merced/San Diego
            • Send PM

That's the quandary. His off-field behavior this season has indicated that there's maturity issues that will part of the evaluation.
            To me, the biggest issue is coaching, especially Hill and his position coaches. I've been slow to fault Lombardi as an end all, be all (especially after a loss) but the lack of in-line help was very disturbing.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I am not really looking at it simply is Mack a decent player but rather from a roster building standpoint where some tough choices on veterans need to be made.

So the question really is..is Mack next year at 32 worth 27 million for the next 2 seasons?

Personally for that huge money I want an impact edge player that can get to the QB the odd time whether Joey Bosa is playing or not. I know Mack is not the problem just cant see spending 27 million on what he brings at this stage of his career.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post

Agree that KA makes this offense work. Without him it’s just dead. But we need to find his heir-apparent in the next two seasons; he’s getting older. Palmer is shaping up to be a good WR but not seeing that kind of special there.
                It’s pretty dead with him, fwiw.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Somebody younger and faster that can get open

Chargers have cap issues this offseason

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Somebody younger and faster that can get open

Chargers have cap issues this offseason
                    I think we defer to veterans with the Chargers too much sometimes. Look at what young fast YAC receivers like Garret Wilson can do right off the bat. Can you imagine that with Herbert, not Joe Flacco, Zach Wilson, Mike White?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

K. Allen made 6 catches on 14 targets yesterday

Comment

• SK21209
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Keenan will be 31 next year, we probably can't count on him to be our #1 much longer (if we even can now, tbh). We also can't afford to just cut him given the rest of our receiver group, so maybe he's a candidate for restructuring.

Mack is more difficult IMO. He'll be 32 and is still good but has been largely invisible for the last month. Its not as simple as Bosa being out, I saw a stat somewhere that he's still getting a lot of 1-on-1 pass rush opportunities. He probably is wearing down and needs to be rotated out at this stage of his career to stay effective. Is that kind of player worth $27 million each of the next two years? This is why I personally want to draft a passrusher in the first or second round next year, having a viable third (and hopefully fourth) EDGE to rotate in with Bosa and Mack could really help them get through the season.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                          K. Allen made 6 catches on 14 targets yesterday
                          To be fair they likely targeted him for blanket coverage. He is our top receiver, and with MWill out..

Comment

Working...
                          X