• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BayAreaBoltz
    Chargers Hall of Fame
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    I'd save all the "Hair-On-Fire" posts... but that would take weeks of work...
    Always curious when others consider the hair on fire. How many missed playoff seasons before y'all jump on board. It's definitely an interesting experiment.

It's almost like being on the Titanic and watching those on board shame those who say to hurry and get into a lifeboat.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
      Chargers Hall of Fame
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
      I like Lombardi overall. He certainly hasn’t been perfect, but his unit is mostly solid, even while combatting all of the injuries this season. Special teams have actually been solid, which is a very welcomed change from recent years.

Defensively, the Chargers continue to languish in the bottom third of the league, and that’s putting it nicely really. Staley, which was a hire I was completely on board with, has yet to turn the defensive unit into at least an adequate unit. His single season as a defensive coordinator is starting to seem much more like a fluke. Please, please prove me wrong Mr. Staley!
      "I like (Herbert) overall. He certainly hasn't been perfect, but ... is (a) mostly solid (QB), even while (dealing with) all of the injuries this season."

Tried to make this a bit more accurate to reality.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Always curious when others consider the hair on fire. How many missed playoff seasons before y'all jump on board. It's definitely an interesting experiment.

It's almost like being on the Titanic and watching those on board shame those who say to hurry and get into a lifeboat.
        Nice! This has to be the 100th Titanic reference this week.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

The team has had a lack of success for a long time, and you can pretty much point to the Spanos family as the reason why. But some of the inane "analysis" about every coach, player and call is just over the top bad takes.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The team has had a lack of success for a long time, and you can pretty much point to the Spanos family as the reason why. But some of the inane "analysis" about every coach, player and call is just over the top bad takes.
            But you have to admit, the line about being shamed as some of us rush for the life preservers on a lurching sea vessel is a good one.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

But you have to admit, the line about being shamed as some of us rush for the life preservers on a lurching sea vessel is a good one.
              I'm the board optimist - I would be the guy saying, let's see if maintenance can patch that hole with some duct tape before we get too worried! . Yes, I am mocking myself.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

I'm the board optimist - I would be the guy saying, let's see if maintenance can patch that hole with some duct tape before we get too worried! . Yes, I am mocking myself.
                I used to be an optimist.

No more: i want to wallow in the mud.

Me and a few from the TPB enjoying the latest loss to K.C.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

THIS! ALL DAY LONG!
                  Nothing will change until they sell.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Just want to remind you fellas that both Raider and Bronco fans had their guts
                    kicked out prior and did clean sweeps of front office and coaching staff.

It's simply the Chargers' turn for a clean sweep and keep in mind that we are not alone in our misery.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

It's simply the Chargers' turn for a clean sweep and keep in mind that we are not alone in our misery.
                      The Chiefs may have swept the season series from the Chargers, but the season is not over yet. If the Chargers knock off the Chiefs in the playoffs, all this BS will be meaningless. If the Chargers 1. get in and 2. are reasonably healthy, I like the their chances of beating KC if they meet for a third time in January.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

It’s actually remarkable. 14-0

Comment

• SBbound
                          Casual fanatic
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Merced/San Diego
                          • Send PM

Yeah, that really helped the turds and donkeys, we should follow their lead.

Comment

Working...
                          X