• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltUp InLA
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2020
    • Send PM

The 49ers are probably the best defense in the NFL. The loss of Everett really hurt because that was the one area where the Chargers could have exploited them. McKitty has been very disappointing so far this season, especially in the Chargers run game.

Hopefully the Chargers can exploit a Chiefs roster that has some injuries of its own. MW and Keenan at 70% should still present challenges to the Chiefs young secondary. I’m curious on how the Chargers will play the Chiefs offense considering how banged up their WR group is. I hate to say this is a ‘must win’ game at this point in the season, but this is the most important game of this season up to this point for sure.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

Also, I really liked that link that shows the 49ers going more to a light box / shell coverage, which makes so much sense as to why Lombardi was calling for runs on early downs.. There just wasn’t much available downfield after the halftime adjustment and when Everett was out of the game. The issue was the many missed assignments across the offensive line / tight ends, particularly RT.

Pipkins appear to be coming back this week, which I think will be huge in this game. I’m hoping Herbert is back to doing Herbert things! The season is still there for the Chargers to compete for a playoff spot.

It has been a meteoric rise for Staley, but I think he is a quick study and we will start to see that more and more going forward!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
        Also, I really liked that link that shows the 49ers going more to a light box / shell coverage, which makes so much sense as to why Lombardi was calling for runs on early downs.. There just wasn’t much available downfield after the halftime adjustment and when Everett was out of the game. The issue was the many missed assignments across the offensive line / tight ends, particularly RT.

Pipkins appear to be coming back this week, which I think will be huge in this game. I’m hoping Herbert is back to doing Herbert things! The season is still there for the Chargers to compete for a playoff spot.

It has been a meteoric rise for Staley, but I think he is a quick study and we will start to see that more and more going forward!
        Who would have ever thought getting Pipkins back might be huge for the oline, lol...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Who would have ever thought getting Pipkins back might be huge for the oline, lol...
          Yep...glad to see Pip appears to be finally paying off...hope he appreciates the Bolts' patience by accepting a team-friendly extension...

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            Chargers signed Tyeler Davison and David Moa.

Eagles signed Linval Joseph and Ndamakong Suh.

Need we say more?
            I was expecting this type of signing. Brandon isn't interested in names just for the sake of it. I thought he was pretty clear that he wanted to find DL that has been preparing and practicing in a similar scheme. He needed someone who was ready to slide into a role where they will play a lot of snaps right away.
            Davison was clearly that guy.

Joseph and Suh were available and not on any team for a reason. They are long in the tooth and don't provide the impact they used to when they were in their primes.

Davison is in football shape right now and is better suited to fill the role needed on Sunday vs Chiefs.

Staley is trying to win a football game, not a popularity contest.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I was expecting this type of signing. Brandon isn't interested in names just for the sake of it. I thought he was pretty clear that he wanted to find DL that has been preparing and practicing in a similar scheme. He needed someone who was ready to slide into a role where they will play a lot of snaps right away.
              Davison was clearly that guy.

Joseph and Suh were available and not on any team for a reason. They are long in the tooth and don't provide the impact they used to when they were in their primes.

Davison is in football shape right now and is better suited to fill the role needed on Sunday vs Chiefs.

Staley is trying to win a football game, not a popularity contest.
              Because we’re desperate he needed someone ready to go right now. That much is true. We will have 3 practice squad level players on our DL rotation Sunday. All likely playing meaningful snaps. Fehoko, Gaziano and Davison. I’m sure this is not lost of KC. And won’t be lost on anyone we face going forward.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Shows you what fans actually know.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

We could mention that we signed two young guys, they signed two guys that have seen their better days. Sere, you don't have to take it all in a bad way.

If thge Bolts get KA and Mike back this week we could eek out a W against the Chiefs and be back in the hunt for a berth in the playoffs.

Do you know we have the same record right now that the Bengals had at this juncture last year?
                  I'm in the same place as you Chargeroo. I was impressed by how hard the team fought against the Niners. All week all these players heard is how superior the 49ers are to them, the Niners are getting most of their injured players back while the Chargers were still too decimated by injury to be able to compete. The players who were healthy and playing against the Niners could've easily bought into that, and gone into the game with the mindset they were outgunned and lay down and let the Niners pummel them. We've Chargers teams do this before. But that is not what happened. The team came prepared to win, with the mindset they can beat the Niners, and they played their hearts out. Ultimately, the injuries and lack of playmakers, particularly on offense, was too much to overcome and they couldn't sustain the success they had early in the game. Josh Palmer, DeAndre Carter and Michael Bandy are only going to take you so far.

Sunday Night if they can pull off this victory against the Chiefs - who have injury challenges of their own - I think they will be in good position to get into the post-season. The Niner game was not a conference game, so it's not going to hurt the Chargers in the various tiebreakers in the AFC playoff field. The Chiefs game is much more impactful in the playoff race.

If the Chargers get into the post-season and Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Joey Bosa, Donald Parham and Joshua Kelley have recovered from their injuries and are back to playing at 100 percent, anything than can happen. The adversity the team has endured this season is building quality character - I saw that in the 49er game. The defense will have learned to adjust to the losses it has sustained. It may not be a top 10 unit, but if it is middle of the pack it will be a significant upgrade over last year's defense, which dragged the team down and kept the team out of the post-season. If the offense returns to form with its playmakers back, and with Bosa on the other side of Mack, this could be playing its best at season's end. And, again, if they get into the post-season, anything can happen.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Shows you what fans actually know.
                    Not all linemen take years to be attiquit.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

I'm not going to be expecting much the rest of the way. This was a wasted season.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                        I'm not going to be expecting much the rest of the way. This was a wasted season.
                        No!
                        Nor next year with telesco/spanos and this coaching staff.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                          Another wasted season

Comment

Working...
                          X