• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I'm going back to researching GMs as I can see this is going nowhere.

Comment

• Florida fan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Been a fan since we were one pick away from Payton Manning. At the end of the day it’s about coaching. No team stays healthy and as Bill Bellicheat Says “do your job”. He has made nobody’s special, Tom Brady, and when they got to big for their britches trades them off for late round picks and develops players.
      its also about situational Football as you could tell when Andy’s plan for Mahoney & Kielce to walk over our defense to score.

once chargers had ball on last drive against KC, KC defense set up the trap for our rookie QB to scramble into. That game was over before it started.

Chargers had the talent and players on the field to win, they just don’t have the right coach and probably never will with this FO.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        I'm going back to researching GMs as I can see this is going nowhere.
        In that case, find us a John Lynch.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Florida fan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

The Chargers History with the injury bug has baffled me for years. I lived in San Diego for 10years and the weather is absolutely perfect for Athletes to Train. But the chargers have always flown to close to the sun when taking chances on players with injuries. The list is to long elaborate but we all know this.

The only conclusion I can come up with, the team does not have a sport medicine recovery team.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
            MIN over NE
            CHI over NYJ
            TEN over CIN
            LAC over ARI

And we are back !
            1/1

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post
              The Chargers History with the injury bug has baffled me for years. I lived in San Diego for 10years and the weather is absolutely perfect for Athletes to Train. But the chargers have always flown to close to the sun when taking chances on players with injuries. The list is to long elaborate but we all know this.

The only conclusion I can come up with, the team does not have a sport medicine recovery team.
              Agree!
              This year's injuries seem worse than usual because it's hit several of our best players. No team has backups that are superstars. It's also worse when it hits a position group. This year we've been without three of our top four WR's most of the season - hence, we have an inept offense.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                Agree!
                This year's injuries seem worse than usual because it's hit several of our best players. No team has backups that are superstars. It's also worse when it hits a position group. This year we've been without three of our top four WR's most of the season - hence, we have an inept offense.
                Defensive line and wide receivers have been absolutely decimated. Still a fan until we lose three more games and are eliminated for the season. My biggest disappointment so far has been the key defensive breakdowns in big games with little time on the clock. Last season all we had to do is stop the raiders with a run stuff and we make the playoffs. All we had to do is stop the chiefs with a minute thirty on the clock and we gave up a TD in one minute. So far, because we don't have a superstar DC we have suffered badly, and to some degree this is on Staley not being able to delegate authority to quality coaches. We are close to wasting two seasons back to back.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post
                  Been a fan since we were one pick away from Payton Manning. At the end of the day it’s about coaching. No team stays healthy and as Bill Bellicheat Says “do your job”. He has made nobody’s special, Tom Brady, and when they got to big for their britches trades them off for late round picks and develops players.
                  its also about situational Football as you could tell when Andy’s plan for Mahoney & Kielce to walk over our defense to score.

once chargers had ball on last drive against KC, KC defense set up the trap for our rookie QB to scramble into. That game was over before it started.

Chargers had the talent and players on the field to win, they just don’t have the right coach and probably never will with this FO.
                  What game are you thinking of? Herbert was a rookie in 2020.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Get them off the field occasionally. Split the responsibility.
                    Offensive TOP, 3 & outs suck mightily.
                    D needs to help themselves but some help from O would be nice.
                    Herbert's injury, receiver injuries, OL injuries are a simple reality.
                    Calling it an "excuse" and thus meaningless BS is BS.
                    I agree that the D should be doing better than they are but pretending that O has no responsibility is absurd.
                    Wasnt pretending the offence has been great at all. I am watching the same team as you. And yes we can chalk up 80% of that to devastating injuries. The other part is Lombardi.

I was just mmaking the point about the run defence, being emrassingly bad for 2 straight seasons under "defensive guru" Brandon Staley. Pretty basic in football you have to stop the run and I am not giving the coaching a pass for this. As I said the 5.5 rush ave against is the worst sicne the AFL/NFL merged in 1970...this coming on the heels of knowing he had to fix the pathetic run defence from last year.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

If you think the depth at TE and RT is very thin
                      Just imagine what it is at DL
                      I think it is a large part of the problem against the run

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                        If you think the depth at TE and RT is very thin
                        Just imagine what it is at DL
                        I think it is a large part of the problem against the run
                        Yep...one of top priorities in draft: A solid, run-stuffing DT who can also pass rush...see anyone u like here?:

dt's.JPG

Defensive Tackles prospect rankings for the 2023 NFL Draft. Breakdowns of the best Defensive Tackle prospects and averages of other scouting reports.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Wasnt pretending the offence has been great at all. I am watching the same team as you. And yes we can chalk up 80% of that to devastating injuries. The other part is Lombardi.

I was just mmaking the point about the run defence, being emrassingly bad for 2 straight seasons under "defensive guru" Brandon Staley. Pretty basic in football you have to stop the run and I am not giving the coaching a pass for this. As I said the 5.5 rush ave against is the worst sicne the AFL/NFL merged in 1970...this coming on the heels of knowing he had to fix the pathetic run defence from last year.
                          While are results are similar, the players are different. If you want to go coaches only,DC Staley had a great D 3 years ago with different players on a different team. That leaves Hill totally responsible , or maybe other factors, like the offenses lack of ability to take an early lead, play 4 quarters of quality football, run the ball or maintain 50/50 TOP or better..
                          I view it as a combo. Less than ideal coordinators, injuries and Staley sticking by his OC, DC picks.
                          This season can be saved by Staley- in theory. This is NOT 2021.
                          It has to start vs Ari.

Comment

Working...
                          X