• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Someone else posted best plan for that I’ve seen, as it uses both draft stock and FA $$ we’ve already spent:

Fieler to RT
    Jaimes to RG
    That still means you need depth at OG and possibly another swing tackle if not Pipkins. So that idea is fine - but there is a still a need for OL on day 1 or day 2.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

What counts as depth? Someone who can actually be a full time starter if called upon? I thought Oday was depth given how little we paid him but he turned out to be a good starter. In the draft, do we spend a third day pick like a Jaimes again, or a third round pick to succeed Linsley? Those are the questions that go through my mind.
      I prefer to address the need at RT in FA. The team has Jaimes and Quessenberry who are coming along. Pipkins has shown that he deserves to stay around and compete for playing time, and is worthy to have as a backup. The O-line depth is decent right now, and the team has many areas they need to fix. Top players like Bosa, Allen, James, Ekeler, Linsley, Feiler, and others are in the prime of their careers. The team cannot waste them, so they need to acquire players necessary to be able to win more games. We have waited on players like Lamp and others already, who got wasted. This team has wasted many players. There were players who didn't pan out as the team had hope. We can't keep waiting on players to develop because of the other players the team has who are getting older. The team needs to win now, meaning; be a contending team. If we can get a RT in the draft who can make an impact like Slater did, great. But it's not going to be easy.

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Looking ahead beyond 22 and 23 into 24 and beyond, thats when Herbert will start making big money -- and he has never done it, but this year, is when I think if possible, Telesco should trade out of 1st round and start picking up more picks in R2-4. Now I know the Chargers have those comp picks, but unless one flips to the 4th rounder that Nick Korte mentioned for Rayshawn, all of them are 6th or 7th. SO not really many chances to make the squad

But if you can add a couple more picks in R2-R4 those players are cheap for 4 years - which would be ideal when dealing with Herberts 5th year option and his first year of the new deal. Plus, from a cap hit perspective, Asante Samuels cap hit as a mid 2nd rounder is half the cap hit of the 17th pick.

Also, the Chargers would be able to add depth at more roster spots and you bring up Linsley, they need more younger players.
      As stated, we can't waste the players who are in the prime of their careers, and we can't keep waiting on players to develop at positions that have too great a learning curve. TT has kept this team in mediocrity long enough.

In R2-R4, I would try to find a RB who will provide what the team is lacking currently at the position. I hope to find a RB better than Joshua Kelley.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Feiler struggled with athletic twitchy IDL and you think the best position for him is out on an island with nothing but space around him with more athletic twitchy EDGE athletes?
        You sure that was Fieler and not Schofield? Cuz the latter was not good at all in space.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I prefer to address the need at RT in FA. The team has Jaimes and Quessenberry who are coming along. Pipkins has shown that he deserves to stay around and compete for playing time, and is worthy to have as a backup. The O-line depth is decent right now, and the team has many areas they need to fix. Top players like Bosa, Allen, James, Ekeler, Linsley, Feiler, and others are in the prime of their careers. The team cannot waste them, so they need to acquire players necessary to be able to win more games. We have waited on players like Lamp and others already, who got wasted. This team has wasted many players. There were players who didn't pan out as the team had hope. We can't keep waiting on players to develop because of the other players the team has who are getting older. The team needs to win now, meaning; be a contending team. If we can get a RT in the draft who can make an impact like Slater did, great. But it's not going to be easy.

As stated, we can't waste the players who are in the prime of their careers, and we can't keep waiting on players to develop at positions that have too great a learning curve. TT has kept this team in mediocrity long enough.

In R2-R4, I would try to find a RB who will provide what the team is lacking currently at the position. I hope to find a RB better than Joshua Kelley.
          I didn't mean to infer that. I didn't write take a bunch of Tre Pipkins or Craig Magers. Samuel and Palmer, even McKitty showed they can contribute in Year 1

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Someone else posted best plan for that I’ve seen, as it uses both draft stock and FA $$ we’ve already spent:

Fieler to RT
            Jaimes to RG
            Fielder played his worst game of the year against the raiders. If he's gonna have trouble playing G, don't even think about moving him to RT. I know he played it for Pittsburgh but that was then, he doesn't look much like a RT the way he's playing now.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Fielder played his worst game of the year against the raiders. If he's gonna have trouble playing G, don't even think about moving him to RT. I know he played it for Pittsburgh but that was then, he doesn't look much like a RT the way he's playing now.
              Roo I agree with you big time. I watched the normally very solid and better Feiler get beat and blown up in what was his worst game all year. It was disappointing, maybe he was hurt and just tried to gut it out but he has been great all year and disappeared in the most crucial game of the season.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

That was weird game for someone like him. He was good all year long at LG. I think we should keep him there because Slater and him made a good duo.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Which UFA OT would you like to sign?
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

No skirting the issure or trynna side step it.First and foremost you protect Herbert.TT left Rivers for dead behind a shit o line of his creation for far too long.Get a high round RT to grow with Slater on the other end.Do it right this time TT.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

You sure that was Fieler and not Schofield? Cuz the latter was not good at all in space.
                      Yes, I’m positive
                      Did you watch the Chargers, more specifically Feiler, play this season? If you did this shouldn’t come as any kind of surprise to you.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• DennisR91
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2021
                        • Send PM

I would like to pick up the next tyron johnson

nice pillow hands

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Yes, I’m positive
                          Did you watch the Chargers, more specifically Feiler, play this season? If you did this shouldn’t come as any kind of surprise to you.
                          Yeah Feiler should only fill in at RT in case of an emergency. He’s fine where he is as long as he doesn’t have games like the Raiders again. Jaimes would be nice at RG if he’s ready. Worse comes to worse, he’s quality depth at guard positions as a 5th rounder. We get hopefully a better RT in FA or the draft, and get better beef on the DL as well as another boundary corner, some more depth at key places, and we’re ready for next season. Hopefully….

Comment

Working...
                          X