• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltinloudguy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    Observations from the last several games...

* Chris Rumph has started to come on.
    * Nwosu is the FA to sign over Fackrell.
    * ILB's getting gassed in the 4th quarter and OT vs. the Chiefs cost us the division.
    * Safety position needs depth... especially at SS when DJ can't go.

Lately I've started mocking ILB and SS above EDGE. Staley had Hollins opposite Floyd in LAR. Hollins is a good overall OLB but not a great pass rusher. He reminds me of Fackrell. So I've started looking at Fackrell-types in the draft. There are a number of them in the 5th (deep class).

3rd round: ILB Chad Muma or Brandon Smith
    4th round: S Bryan Cook or Smoke Monday
    5th round: EDGE Ochaun Mathis or Xavier Thomas

I like the idea of Chad Muma. Always around the ball making plays. Seems to be similar to Logan Wilson who has come into his own this year. Same Alum as well. And Smokey Monday is definitely the best name in the draft. Do not know much about him though. I’m a fan of late round S Reed Blankenship from Middle Tennessee for depth and ST. With those extra 3 6th round picks I see depth and core special team players coming into the fold.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Jimmy is the guy who basically created the draft value chart. So maybe he didn't trade back but he had values for draft picks when trades were made
      I know he made that but he probably did it so he can see how badly he fucked Minnesota trading them Hershal for all those picks lol.

There are now about a half dozen different types of those charts. Teams probably have made their own as well but not sure.

Another thing JJ said is he wants his team in shape. He didn't want to lose a game because they were tired in the fourth quarter.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I like the idea of Chad Muma. Always around the ball making plays. Seems to be similar to Logan Wilson who has come into his own this year. Same Alum as well. And Smokey Monday is definitely the best name in the draft. Do not know much about him though. I’m a fan of late round S Reed Blankenship from Middle Tennessee for depth and ST. With those extra 3 6th round picks I see depth and core special team players coming into the fold.
        Yeah, Muma is a guy that does a lot of things well. He reminds me of Tranquil. With Tranquil, Murray Jr. and Kyzir getting banged up from time to time... I think it's smart to have depth there. Muma looks to be good in coverage as well. The LB's got gassed during the KC game. Staley asks his LB's to do a lot.

Smoke Monday is a poor man's Derwin James. He likes to hit and is very good around the LOS. When James goes down, who do we have..? Alohi Gilman? Trey Marshall? That seems pretty weak for a coach that likes to build his defense from the back end... I like Reed Blankenship, too. But I worry about competition level. I wonder what his 40-time will be at the combine.

The guys we draft rounds 3-7 should have ST considerations...

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Latest draft:

1st: CB Ahmad Gardner/Roger McCreary/Trent McDuffie.
          2nd: RT Abraham Lucas/Bernhard Raimann.
          3rd: LB Chad Muma/Brandon Smith.
          4th: S Bryan Cook.
          5th: Edge Boye Mofa/Ochaun Mathis.
          6th: WR Dante Demus
          6th: CB D'Jordan Strong
          7th: RB Pierre Strong
          7th: IDL LaBryan Ray
          7th: RB Cam'Ron Harris
          7th: TE Grant Calcaterra

Roster (After re-signs, FA's, draft)

QB: Herbert, Stick
          RB: Eke, JJ, Harris, Strong, Roundtree
          WR: KA, Davante Adams, Palmer, Demus, Guyton, Roberts
          TE: Parham, McKitty, Anderson, Calcaterra
          OT: Slater, Lucas, Norton
          OG: Feiler, Aboushi, Jaimes
          OC: Lindsley, FA

IDL: Jones, Joseph-Day, Austin Johnson, Tillery, Gaziano, Ray
          OLB: Bosa, Nwosu, Rumph, Mathis
          ILB: Murray, Tranquil, Kyzir, Muma
          CB: Davis, ASJ, McCreary, D'Jordan Strong, Kemon Hall
          S: DJ, Adderly, Bryan Cook, Gilman, Webb

Extra roster spot for whichever position (Pipkins, Nabors, Schofield)...?

And remember, after re-signs, FA's etc... This roster is still under the cap by $17 million (even after draft signings).

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            Latest draft:

1st: CB Ahmad Gardner/Roger McCreary/Trent McDuffie.
            2nd: RT Abraham Lucas/Bernhard Raimann.
            3rd: LB Chad Muma/Brandon Smith.
            4th: S Bryan Cook.
            5th: Edge Boye Mofa/Ochaun Mathis.
            6th: WR Dante Demus
            6th: CB D'Jordan Strong
            7th: RB Pierre Strong
            7th: IDL LaBryan Ray
            7th: RB Cam'Ron Harris
            7th: TE Grant Calcaterra

Roster (After re-signs, FA's, draft)

QB: Herbert, Stick
            RB: Eke, JJ, Harris, Strong, Roundtree
            WR: KA, Davante Adams, Palmer, Demus, Guyton, Roberts
            TE: Parham, McKitty, Anderson, Calcaterra
            OT: Slater, Lucas, Norton
            OG: Feiler, Aboushi, Jaimes
            OC: Lindsley, FA

IDL: Jones, Joseph-Day, Austin Johnson, Tillery, Gaziano, Ray
            OLB: Bosa, Nwosu, Rumph, Mathis
            ILB: Murray, Tranquil, Kyzir, Muma
            CB: Davis, ASJ, McCreary, D'Jordan Strong, Kemon Hall
            S: DJ, Adderly, Bryan Cook, Gilman, Webb

Extra roster spot for whichever position (Pipkins, Nabors, Schofield)...?

And remember, after re-signs, FA's etc... This roster is still under the cap by $17 million (even after draft signings).
            I think id hurl if those were our RBs...not to mention we arent carry 5 on the roster. JJ either stays or goes. My guess is he goes. Cant have him not available 3/4 of the season, and then with him gone, that group is weak sauce. But i know you will have numerous more tries at this as we all will.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I know he made that but he probably did it so he can see how badly he fucked Minnesota trading them Hershal for all those picks lol.

There are now about a half dozen different types of those charts. Teams probably have made their own as well but not sure.

Another thing JJ said is he wants his team in shape. He didn't want to lose a game because they were tired in the fourth quarter.
              funny and true

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

just gonna roll thru the depth chart.... lazy and out loud,

NT * for my money, am still holding on to Linval to bridge any gap, as have seen way too many Charger defenses soft in the middle.... hopefully we get good "value" if we resign him, and hopefully we draft someone to rotate w/him, and maybe even sign a NT in FA.

DT * seems like everyone likes Justin Jones, and for now don't see us moving on from Jerry quite yet, as he has value as a situational pass rusher.... what we need is a troublemaker in the mix.... think Covington is a keeper, and again like in the middle, think we can look 4i in both the draft and in FA.

DE * given that I think it's worth moving Joey inside and out, and that Fackrell looks to be the odd man out, and that Murray is a big ? @ED, think you've got to be looking to hedge your bets here, again in the draft and in FA, whichever best comes up roses.... will add that if in the draft, def want to consider someone in the first two rounds, albeit 'tis fine to double dip day three if so inclined, just don't count on said individual.

ILB * have said from day one that am not overly enamored w/our situation here, and not lookin' to move heaven and earth, but would like to bring in someone to compete here, and again looking in both FA and the draft.

OLB * think we're good here, as like it or not, and for better or worse, just have too many bodies to sort thru @this juncture, and.... we don't use LBs so much, and so be it....

CB * know we need someone to spell CHJ and personally not so sure that we've replaced what we've lost w/Casey either, and so.... will be looking in both FA and the draft, and.... not so inclined as others to go CB early in the draft, as just have preponderance for linemen earlier than later, albeit am def on the lookout for wideout if Garrett Wilson lands in our lap.... will also add that durability/availability is a preeminent concern/consideration here, even more so than most other positions, and one of the reasons am watchful of Josh Jobe.

S * yep, woulda liked a fifth safety on this roster, and don't really see much in the draft, so in this case am going FA if and when possible.

K * yes, am on the lookout here, and as not sure what's going on w/our mojo re: Younghoe Koo and Badgley ???

P * got my eyes on day three prospects, and prolly not the end of the world if we use a day two pick on Araiza

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

QB * think it's decision time on Easton, as thinkin' Chase is fine for now, as not sure we need a third QB on the 53.... ps for Stick ??

RB * as mentioned before, major overhaul is the operative theme here, as Ek can't be the workhorse.... still a Kelly >> Rountree guy, and just not willing to take my licks w/JJ anymore.... need @least one guy from FA if not a coupla few, and perhaps someone from the draft, as for better or worse am personally only looking @day three guys for now

WR * don't think it's good economics/probability sinking the $25m into Davante.... do like the chutzpah, but think we have to raise the lower common denominators on the depth chart, as precursor to being SB ready.... not into holding onto MW as don't like the amount of games/time he's missed, or when he's only got half availability.... looking for a solid in FA, and then to take a flyer on someone in the draft.... not even sure I want to hold onto Guyton, as like Rivers, do think Herbo can make an avg receiver pretty darn good.... we need a coupla few here tho, and mui importante @that.

TE * def on the lookout for someone here, as Cook seems like he hobbles around a bit, and now w/the unfortunate situation w/Donald, think we are forced to upgrade here, and for me.... that's in the draft.

OT * we've got four FAs on this line, so am cautious to add another FA here, albeit unfortunately only have eyes for Faalele atm, and as he is someone w/some risk/?s.... also not interested in retaining the either of Storm nor Pips.... the less on Herb's plate the better.... keep the edge defenders off and away from our Rocket Man.

OG * am more keen on drafting players rather than by position, so am more than willing to move Feiler to RT to make room for Zion Johnson.... dude is a priority in my book.

OC * again not overly comfortable w/Linsley's health, and not so inclined to resign Qberry.... Linderbaum wouldn't be all bad in my book, and not sure if there is a FA OG/OC worth considering here ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    just gonna roll thru the depth chart.... lazy and out loud,

NT * for my money, am still holding on to Linval to bridge any gap, as have seen way too many Charger defenses soft in the middle.... hopefully we get good "value" if we resign him, and hopefully we draft someone to rotate w/him, and maybe even sign a NT in FA.

DT * seems like everyone likes Justin Jones, and for now don't see us moving on from Jerry quite yet, as he has value as a situational pass rusher.... what we need is a troublemaker in the mix.... think Covington is a keeper, and again like in the middle, think we can look 4i in both the draft and in FA.

DE * given that I think it's worth moving Joey inside and out, and that Fackrell looks to be the odd man out, and that Murray is a big ? @ED, think you've got to be looking to hedge your bets here, again in the draft and in FA, whichever best comes up roses.... will add that if in the draft, def want to consider someone in the first two rounds, albeit 'tis fine to double dip day three if so inclined, just don't count on said individual.

ILB * have said from day one that am not overly enamored w/our situation here, and not lookin' to move heaven and earth, but would like to bring in someone to compete here, and again looking in both FA and the draft.

OLB * think we're good here, as like it or not, and for better or worse, just have too many bodies to sort thru @this juncture, and.... we don't use LBs so much, and so be it....

CB * know we need someone to spell CHJ and personally not so sure that we've replaced what we've lost w/Casey either, and so.... will be looking in both FA and the draft, and.... not so inclined as others to go CB early in the draft, as just have preponderance for linemen earlier than later, albeit am def on the lookout for wideout if Garrett Wilson lands in our lap.... will also add that durability/availability is a preeminent concern/consideration here, even more so than most other positions, and one of the reasons am watchful of Josh Jobe.

S * yep, woulda liked a fifth safety on this roster, and don't really see much in the draft, so in this case am going FA if and when possible.

K * yes, am on the lookout here, and as not sure what's going on w/our mojo re: Younghoe Koo and Badgley ???

P * got my eyes on day three prospects, and prolly not the end of the world if we use a day two pick on Araiza

Pretty much agree with this. 95% anyways.Cept we arent bringing Badgely back. He still mises in a dome, missed a FG against Patriots. Missed 3 FGs this year in Indy and 2 XPs.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

looking over the depth chart/roster.... some more odds 'n ends,

not looking to bring Andre Roberts back, but he does emphasize the need for a legit returner/difference maker there.

also forgot that had the notion that Jaimes could perhaps learn center from Linsley ?? would also prolly bring Schofield back.... @least to camp for next offseason.

am replacing Anderson w/a FA TE, and.... would like to give Bradwell a big look see.

am good w/Keenan and Palmer.... after that, and like RB.... am looking for as many quality FAs as I feel good about/with.

am moving on from Murray (trade ?), and want someone starting ahead of Tranq.

also in the keep Campbell camp @CB as am movin' on from Ryan Smith, and.... pretty certain I'd be looking to replace Alohi.

personally would like to see a good sprinkling of dependable vets who aren't on the downside of their careers, and.... we need a FO that doesn't just cowtow to their new HC.

team Tommy John needs to take responsibility for this/their roster and not just leave it on their HC and/or scouting department.

we need to keep turning over that scouting department and continue to bring in new talent and perhaps even an Assistant GM or an assistant to young John.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        QB * think it's decision time on Easton, as thinkin' Chase is fine for now, as not sure we need a third QB on the 53.... ps for Stick ??

RB * as mentioned before, major overhaul is the operative theme here, as Ek can't be the workhorse.... still a Kelly >> Rountree guy, and just not willing to take my licks w/JJ anymore.... need @least one guy from FA if not a coupla few, and perhaps someone from the draft, as for better or worse am personally only looking @day three guys for now

WR * don't think it's good economics/probability sinking the $25m into Davante.... do like the chutzpah, but think we have to raise the lower common denominators on the depth chart, as precursor to being SB ready.... not into holding onto MW as don't like the amount of games/time he's missed, or when he's only got half availability.... looking for a solid in FA, and then to take a flyer on someone in the draft.... not even sure I want to hold onto Guyton, as like Rivers, do think Herbo can make an avg receiver pretty darn good.... we need a coupla few here tho, and mui importante @that.

TE * def on the lookout for someone here, as Cook seems like he hobbles around a bit, and now w/the unfortunate situation w/Donald, think we are forced to upgrade here, and for me.... that's in the draft.

OT * we've got four FAs on this line, so am cautious to add another FA here, albeit unfortunately only have eyes for Faalele atm, and as he is someone w/some risk/?s.... also not interested in retaining the either of Storm nor Pips.... the less on Herb's plate the better.... keep the edge defenders off and away from our Rocket Man.

OG * am more keen on drafting players rather than by position, so am more than willing to move Feiler to RT to make room for Zion Johnson.... dude is a priority in my book.

OC * again not overly comfortable w/Linsley's health, and not so inclined to resign Qberry.... Linderbaum wouldn't be all bad in my book, and not sure if there is a FA OG/OC worth considering here ??
                        Ummm. well not so much with this.

Linsley has never missed a game in his career so i keep seeing you arent comfortable with his health, but do not know where that comes from asside from it make s a case for your guy.

TE.....just dont see us drafting one UNLESS it is early in rounds 1 or 2 and dont see us doing that. We have 3 young guys developing and dont think Parham is ready to be THE guy though he is doing better. I look for a FA here on a short deal. Ertz perhaps? Or somebody else but dont really want Cook back.

RT....Feiler again probably aint moving. This is only to get your guy, and Zion is a good player but why move Feiler? Just draft a RT and there are 3 or 4 that would be great for us and im not thinking Faalele here. Zion is perhaps the best OG in the draft but he still isnt a first rounder so dont see why he is a must have.

Agree on RBs but id cut Kelly. Roundtree gets more time but not loving him either but have seen some good things. Just done with Kelly. Love JJ when healthy but that word dont apply often enough.

Cant see spending 25 mil on Adams....can see MW brought back but im not stuck on the idea.

If MW isnt brought back then not sure who they sign if anyone. May look to the draft but ive seen DJ Chark mentioned and he is hurt all the time so he is a no for me,.... and MW has been healthier. MW hasnt missed a game this year and missed only 1.5 last year and 1 in 2019.
                        Kirk was mentioned, he is a possibility and so is Godwin though he tore his ACL last night. And before anyone mentions Will Fuller....Aw Hell No. Dude is an injury machine.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

This is based off how I think the Chargers can improve in running game, secondary and run D. And do it with value and not just throwing a ton of money at 1 or 2 players. This team needs depth in the secondary, OL, DL, ILB and WR.

Release

Bulaga- $10.7 mil cap savings

Joshua Kelly- $699,914 cap savings

Nabers- $895,000 cap savings

Lloyd- $705,000 cap savings

Total cap savings- $13,265,000

Total estimated cap availability- $86,244,909

WR Christian Kirk- 4 years $32 mil- 8 a year

PR/KR/WR Andre Roberts- 2 years $3.5 mil- 1.75 a year

DE/OLB Tak McKinley- 2 years $7- 3.5 mil a year

OG Mark Glowinski- 3 years $24 mil- 8 a year

DT BJ Hill- 4 years $24 mil- 6 a year

DT Tim Settle- 3 years- $12 mil- 4 a year

DT Justin Jones- 4 years $16 mil- 4 a year

ILB Kyzir White- 5 years $35 mil- 7 a year

CB- Kevin King- 3 years $18 mil- 6 a year

CB - Desmond King- 3 years $12 mil- 4 a year

DE/OLB U. Nwosu- 5 years $30 mil- 6 a year

TE Stephen Anderson- 3 years $3 mil- 1 a year

OG Scott Quessenberry- 4 years $5 mil- 1.25 a year

Total spent- $60.5

Draft- Trade back into the 2nd and get and extra 3rd

2nd- RB Breece Hall

2nd- OT Abraham Lucas

3rd- CB Coby Bryant

3rd- ILB Chad Muma

4th- DT Tyler Davis

5th- G Logan Bruss

6th- S Smoke Monday

6th- OT Blaise Andries

6th- WR Erik Ezukanma

6th- OLB/DE Brenton Cox Jr.

7th- S Reed Blankenship

7th- RB Quay Holmes

It may be a shock to see a RB as the 1st pick. But Breece Hall is the exact same player as Ek but 20lbs heavier. They would be a great 1-2 punch with Rountree getting another year to improve his stock.

Lucas is going to be a real good RT for a long time. And to plug him in next to Glowinski would help pave the way to a dominate Oline in the run and pass game.

C. Bryant is good depth moving forward and to learn behind vets like Davis, King, King ll and ASJ.
                          Muma is a player that will play himself into playing time. He is always around the ball.

Davis would be a good depth move to work with behind, Hill, Settle, Gaziano and Jones

Rounds 5-7 are all depth and ST players. Bruss and Andries will be good depth signings with the possibility to start in the future. Can’t have enough DBs for this defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X