• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I looked at his contract and he's for sure with us through 2022 season. I could see them getting pissed off at him if his production is not there after 2022 season and just outright cutting him to save $17 million and just eat the signing bonus. Joey will be worth $20 mill for most of his remaining years but paying him $30+ million is not in the cards after next season. No one will trade for such an onerous contract amount. Some of these players have become like White Elephants!

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange...42%2C250%2C000.
    I think his production level is fine given the talent level of the remaining front seven players on our team. He would probably have the numbers of his brother if they switch teams.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I looked at his contract and he's for sure with us through 2022 season. I could see them getting pissed off at him if his production is not there after 2022 season and just outright cutting him to save $17 million and just eat the signing bonus. Joey will be worth $20 mill for most of his remaining years but paying him $30+ million is not in the cards after next season. No one will trade for such an onerous contract amount. Some of these players have become like White Elephants!

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange...42%2C250%2C000.
      I think Bosa's production goes up IF we acquire a legit Edge on the other side...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think his production level is fine given the talent level of the remaining front seven players on our team. He would probably have the numbers of his brother if they switch teams.
        Joey is still All-Collinsworth Honorable Mention,
        due to consistent pressures and excellent run defense.

Imagine Joey with more help at DT, and a strong rotational piece with Chenna.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

100% agree with this. It seems like some here underestimate how good he is and how little help he has.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            mulling over the above post, wondering who might be available @WR round three, ala Keenan, and who would provide "value" ??

and ditto for @LB round four ??

two guys that come to mind @wideout are Drake London and George Pickens, both of whom have had (rather severe) injury considerations.... chance they are there @79 ??

and does Leo Chenal hang around long enough for us to consider him @114 ?? is he too much an in the box/run defender for some teams that insist on pass coverage @LB ??

does Darrien Butler warrant consideration that early ?? is he good value @114 ??

still leaning Johnson & Johnson to start things off, albeit w/a heavy consideration/lean @WR.... to be con't,
            No chance Drake London: he's being projected above #17 in some mocks. He's very much comparable to Mdub, minus a national championship.
            Pickens, probably not.

How is Metchie recovering from his injury?

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Joey is still All-Collinsworth Honorable Mention,
              due to consistent pressures and excellent run defense.

Imagine Joey with more help at DT, and a strong rotational piece with Chenna.
              Joey isn't going anywhere for a while. He's one of those guys that other teams have to account for.
              Staley has to figure out how to use him better...
              Another situational PRS opposite him would help, too.
              Uchenna is the team's best edge-setter. Rumph's college tape gives clues to how he can be used better.
              Pass rushers Ebiketie (2nd), Williams or Mafe (3rd) would allow the defense to be more multiple.

I thought Haskell Garrett had a nice Senior Bowl.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I see no chance of this. Bosa marches to his own beat and I suspect he’ll not want long term head trauma and that will be when he decides to hang it up. But I think he is the one who will decide this.
                I see Bosa retiring earlier rather than later to protect his head. More money doesn’t help if you have mental issues.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I see Bosa retiring earlier rather than later to protect his head. More money doesn’t help if you have mental issues.
                  I think Joey has enough money to last himself for a very long time. Since he just hangs out at home playing video games and training I'm guessing (and it's just a guess) that he isn't blowing through his money like a lot of athletes do.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Anyone else think now might be the time to move Allen and sign MW?
                    Keenan would certainly have value( still a top receiver) and MW is younger.
                    Looks like today's successful O's rely on WR's getting big YAC. Outside of maybe Guyton, NONE of our receivers do that.
                    Use some of the draft capital you get in a KA deal and grab a slot receiver in the 3rd( where A LOT of productive receivers are found)
                    Just thinking outside the box. Goodness knows we need to try SOMETHING different because what TT has been doing for 9 years hasn't worked.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      Anyone else think now might be the time to move Allen and sign MW?
                      Keenan would certainly have value( still a top receiver) and MW is younger.
                      Looks like today's successful O's rely on WR's getting big YAC. Outside of maybe Guyton, NONE of our receivers do that.
                      Use some of the draft capital you get in a KA deal and grab a slot receiver in the 3rd( where A LOT of productive receivers are found)
                      Just thinking outside the box. Goodness knows we need to try SOMETHING different because what TT has been doing for 9 years hasn't worked.
                      No, I think the.offense is fine aside from a RT and a bigger and better RB to share the load. Perhaps TE. But I'm certainly not getting rid of our number one receiver who has over 400 receptions last 4 years who Herbert trusts.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No, I think the.offense is fine aside from a RT and a better and better RB to share the load. Perhaps TE. But I'm certainly not getting rid of our number one receiver who has over 400 receptions last 4 years who Herbert trusts.
                        Maybe steal a page from Belicheck 's playbook- trade a guy a year too early, instead of a year too late?
                        KA's numbers were great, as always, but he definitely didn't look like his past self.
                        We've got viable pass catchers, aside from Keenan.
                        Spend that money on an RT, or TE.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Maybe steal a page from Belicheck 's playbook- trade a guy a year too early, instead of a year too late?
                          KA's numbers were great, as always, but he definitely didn't look like his past self.
                          We've got viable pass catchers, aside from Keenan.
                          Spend that money on an RT, or TE.
                          Yes his 106 receptions this year vs his 99 the year before are a worry.

Belichick also traded a 2nd round pick for Welker because he said they couldn't defend him. He fucked Miami because they are a stupid franchise. Let's not be that.

Comment

Working...
                          X