• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    He was a good player in Dallas. And if he can block as the snippet shows, inline 59% of the time, he makes more sense than Gesicki and Njoku
    Still not sure TE is the highest priority - especially if you bring back Mike Williams. but good name

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, i dont want either of those guys at TE. One isnt a in line TE the other just isnt that good.
      Agreed.
      Additionally, two Y-Tight Ends, McKitty + rookie,
      would help our Oline.
      We can leave Slater on an island and chip away on the right side.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Analysts and others who have TE as a priority to the Chargers

I am leery of Njoku too --physically, no doubt, he is there. But he hasn't been consistent. Thats why for TE - if Telesco goes that route - I like Ertz. Consistent and productive.

One other thing about Poppers list - he is a beat writer. They hear things with their contacts. That doesn't mean he shares the gossip - thats not his job. But when he puts down a list like he did last week that was heavy on IDL --my guess he is hearing things in the building about priorities

I just went back through his list: 31 names and 15 were DL and 2 were Edge

Maybe its smoke but I think like last year with OL - -Telesco is going to sign DL in free agency as his priority.
        Good. Smart move.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Agreed.
          would help our Oline.
          TE, IDL in free agency, top D talent available at 17.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

TE, IDL in free agency, top D talent available at 17.
            It sure would be nice if the comp pick for Rayshawn Jenkins moves from expected 6th to maybe the 5th or 4th. Nick Korte from OTC.com at one point thought it had a chance to move but waiting for the NFL too announce those picks.

As for 17 - I will have a better idea after free agency.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              Gil Brandt, who I have a lot of respect for, suggests the Chargers should target Dallas TE Dalton Schultz to replace Cook. He is young and Brandt says he is more complete TE who can do some in line blocking. I don't watch much Cowboys so know zero about him. But he is big, pretty decent speed, and his stats show few pass drops or fumbles and indicate an ascending player.

Any of you familiar with him? Sounds like a better option than Giesicki or Njoku if the Bolts want a more Hunter Henry type TE.

TG
              I mentioned him earlier in the week as one we could target if we wanted to spend a little more money. I mentioned him and Robert Tonyan.
              Much rather have him than Njoku who I am not interested in. Gesicki isn't a in-line TE so he offers little as a blocker. Not interested in him either.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Those are unrelated to the salary cap.
                Those are related to available cash and the demands on it.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Agreed.
                  would help our Oline.
                  Lombardo doesn't chip. Lombardo has proven he would rather lose a game than chip.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Bolt Beat
                    @BB_Chargers

Another NFL exec told @MattLombardoNFL that the Chargers likely won't be aggressive in free agency this offseason.
                    If TT brings many of his own FA's back (his stated philosophy) then there won't be a lot of cap to spend.
                    Here's my 42 man roster... after re-signs... pre-draft. The only FA's I picked up were Sebastian Joseph-Day ($7 mil) and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo ($2.5 mil)

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Those are related to available cash and the demands on it.
                      It still won’t affect how we spend our salary cap. If the Chargers had no problem using basically all of their cap year to year with the exception of last year’s Covid drop, I don’t see external issues affecting what the Spanos spend this year either. It’s the joys of having a salary cap in the NFL. One of best things in this sport.

What you’re worried about has more to do with things outside of the salary cap like hiring coaches and building practice facilities. And seeing as how Staley seems to have carte blanche to hire as many coaches as he wants, cash flow doesn’t seem to be a problem.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

It still won’t affect how we spend our salary cap. If the Chargers had no problem using basically all of their cap year to year with the exception of last year’s Covid drop, I don’t see external issues affecting what the Spanos spend this year either. It’s the joys of having a salary cap in the NFL. One of best things in this sport.

What you’re worried about has more to do with things outside of the salary cap like hiring coaches and building practice facilities. And seeing as how Staley seems to have carte blanche to hire as many coaches as he wants, cash flow doesn’t seem to be a problem.
                        They get their cut of NFL revenue and pay $1 rent on a stadium. Crazy sister makes noise but I’ll bet a dozen donuts the trust clauses are solid and we’ll not be rid of our beloved Dean anytime soon. The canard they are cheap is made up imo. I remember prior Padre owners fire sales - I’ve seen really cheap up close and local and this ain’t it.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I certainly hope not. We are only a few free agents away from being a scary team.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X