• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I certainly hope not. We are only a few free agents away from being a scary team.
    This.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If TT brings many of his own FA's back (his stated philosophy) then there won't be a lot of cap to spend.
      Here's my 42 man roster... after re-signs... pre-draft. The only FA's I picked up were Sebastian Joseph-Day ($7 mil) and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo ($2.5 mil)
      https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/ro...8b82fe2df2bb1/
      By bringing back your own, you are projecting that they will be able to put it all together in the 2nd contract.
      Getting more of the same from Nwosu, White & Jones would be a tad disappointing.

It won't be enough for this team to compete for the Lombardi trophy.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

By bringing back your own, you are projecting that they will be able to put it all together in the 2nd contract.
        Getting more of the same from Nwosu, White & Jones would be a tad disappointing.

Agreed.
        I'm ready for bold moves.
        Let Staley identify his guys in FA even at the cost of letting our guys walk.
        no one is a "must resign"

I want impact starters in FA because I trust Staley to manage them to be healthy in December
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Agree with this. It seems like the Chargers roster is always full of "developing" players who just need a new contract before really producing. Same old, tired story.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

What if we don't resign Mike Williams? I like that he thinks we have a chance with Jameson Williams with his injury. One Williams for another?

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• AL9000
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2022
              • San Diego, CA
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
              What if we don't resign Mike Williams? I like that he thinks we have a chance with Jameson Williams with his injury. One Williams for another?

Jameson Williams with Herbert’s arm would be so much fun to watch.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Analysts and others who have TE as a priority to the Chargers

I am leery of Njoku too --physically, no doubt, he is there. But he hasn't been consistent. Thats why for TE - if Telesco goes that route - I like Ertz. Consistent and productive.

One other thing about Poppers list - he is a beat writer. They hear things with their contacts. That doesn't mean he shares the gossip - thats not his job. But when he puts down a list like he did last week that was heavy on IDL --my guess he is hearing things in the building about priorities

I just went back through his list: 31 names and 15 were DL and 2 were Edge

Maybe its smoke but I think like last year with OL - -Telesco is going to sign DL in free agency as his priority.
                Baker Mayfield to Njoku < Justin Herbert to Njoku same kind of thing with the rams new WR.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If TT brings many of his own FA's back (his stated philosophy) then there won't be a lot of cap to spend.
                  Here's my 42 man roster... after re-signs... pre-draft. The only FA's I picked up were Sebastian Joseph-Day ($7 mil) and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo ($2.5 mil)
                  I think your numbers for Williams, Nwosu, Jones and White are too high from a CAP perspective and not an AAV perspective. I know i look at cap numbers a lot and think about cap space but the more I learn about it - the more it truly can be manipulated every year. So yes, teams should be thinking about the next few years but as the Saints have shown, you can manage year to year

So I think you can subtract about 8-10m of pure cap space for the four names and the Chargers will have plenty of cap space this offseason

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

This is where I am with those players, especialy Nwosu, White and Jones

I can see the value Mike Williams has so for now - he is back.

Now if Telesco brings back Nwosu and Jones - he still probably needs IDL like SJD

But what if instead of bringing back Nwosu and Jones, he signs Reddick, still signs SJD but brings in Austin Johnson or Maliek Colins

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Baker Mayfield to Njoku < Justin Herbert to Njoku same kind of thing with the rams new WR.
                      Njoku just isnt that good. They signed Hooper in FA'cy for a reason.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Njoku will get paid in free agency, more than Telesco likes.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think your numbers for Williams, Nwosu, Jones and White are too high from a CAP perspective and not an AAV perspective. I know i look at cap numbers a lot and think about cap space but the more I learn about it - the more it truly can be manipulated every year. So yes, teams should be thinking about the next few years but as the Saints have shown, you can manage year to year

So I think you can subtract about 8-10m of pure cap space for the four names and the Chargers will have plenty of cap space this offseason
                          Agree i think they are too high as wel. Nwosu i just cant see getting 9 mil a year for starters. OTC imo is a more realistic team builder and cap numbers than Sportrac. Only thting is we wont know how they will structure them but surely Nwosu's cap wont be 9 mil every year. It will start out lower then increase ......IF he even gets as much as some think he will. He has only been a starter for 1 season and didnt exactly ball out. Improving but we are still likely looking for another Edge rusher.

Comment

Working...
                          X