• Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yeah, Staley said as much after cutdowns. Right now, the best that I see him as is a solid swing tackle. If by some miracle he becomes a good starting RT, then this coaching staff deserves major props.
      He has good tools, it's been a mental/confidence issue.

The primary job of a coaching staff is player development. People get caught up in schemes and stuff, but it always comes back down to basics.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
        WE still need a RB with the ability to be the starter in some games if need be. Is Marlon Mack still out there???
        Mack would be solid. I’m hoping for Devontae Booker. Learned two different schemes the last two years and average 4 YPC behind 2 weak olines in the Raiders and Giants. Also had 40 catches last year.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Jr GM Derwin James FTW.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Derwin should be nominated for NFL man of the year!

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

I hope Scott isn’t the new punter.
              Scott has great hang time on his punts. Ranked 1st in 3 out of past 4 season. Even though some of it is small sample size.
              Think they want to eliminate returns and force fair catches more. Also that hang time allows gunners a bit more time to get in place to down it.

Staley is making big little moves on special teams. Adding a better long snapper too. Trying to improve the entire operation is what I'm seeing on paper. Hopefully it translates to better punt unit that is pinning teams back inside the 20 when asked to do it.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Taking possibly less money to come play with his homey? Thats character right there....I was a little worried when it was reported he wanted to be the highest paid cb in the league...didnt want us chasing him...but its obviousley not just about the money for him...very happy this young man is playing for us.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  Taking possibly less money to come play with his homey? Thats character right there....I was a little worried when it was reported he wanted to be the highest paid cb in the league...didnt want us chasing him...but its obviousley not just about the money for him...very happy this young man is playing for us.
                  Means possibly Derwin might do the same

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I hereby remove ORT from my PON list.

Invest in Pip.

Allocate cap space and draft capital elsewhere.
                    I think they showed getting by at RT/RG can be done. The team ranked 5th in points last year with Storm and Schofield.

But, remember the special teams and how the addition of Hopkins and Roberts did much more than any coaching staff ever was able to with the previous available personnel.

Remember Slater and how great he makes the coaching staff look by telling them to get out of his way and stop chipping his guy.

RT and RG are PONs until the current personnel proves it is not. Pipkins resume says he is a back up OT and needs to be upgraded until he proves that isn't true. Competition must be added to compete for the RT and RG starter spots.

All that said. Adding Sauce and locking down the best secondary in football is a defense wins championships Superbowl move to me. And even though RT is a PON, I don't think it's a must get a RT in Rd1 at all cost PON.

As of right now, I don't see any must get PON at #17.
                    They can draft the BPA on the board. Which is also why I like the going for a premium player move up and draft the Best DB Available.
                    To me Rd1 is all BDBA whether a move up or staying put.
                    Gardner, Stingley, McDuffie, Hill is what I wanted added to the defense.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Look backward at our drafts and you will notice TT has always taken the BPA at a PON. That's his mo, so expect that again this year. The question is; what is our greatest need? You think it's a CB but does the brass agree?
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Scott has great hang time on his punts. Ranked 1st in 3 out of past 4 season. Even though some of it is small sample size.
                        Think they want to eliminate returns and force fair catches more. Also that hang time allows gunners a bit more time to get in place to down it.

Staley is making big little moves on special teams. Adding a better long snapper too. Trying to improve the entire operation is what I'm seeing on paper. Hopefully it translates to better punt unit that is pinning teams back inside the 20 when asked to do it.
                        Yep...Long led the league in return yardage allowed, while Scott allowed about half of what Long allowed...

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Look backward at our drafts and you will notice TT has always taken the BPA at a PON. That's his mo, so expect that again this year. The question is; what is our greatest need? You think it's a CB but does the brass agree?
                          I think it's an easy guess that BPA/PON based on the current roster would likely be OL at #17.

but I think that can get Telesco in trouble leaning too hard toward PON instead of taking the BPA overall, especially if that PON position has already had a run on the talent.

Do you go with your 5th rated OL at #17?
                          or
                          Do you go with your 2nd rated CB at #17?

What if your #1WR somehow slipped to #17?

Comment

Working...
                          X