• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I wasn't a Tillery guy but I thought Murray would be a very good add (I had an early 2nd round grade on him).
    Tillery has 1 year to prove me wrong. Murray has 2 years to prove me right. I'm sincerely rooting for both of them to develop. I think both were drafted for Gus-type defense.
    Potentially yes for Murray on the Bradley fit. I think Tillery is just mediocre. He did better under Staley than Bradley lol. And I was so high on him coming out of the draft too….sigh

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I wasn't a Tillery guy but I thought Murray would be a very good add (I had an early 2nd round grade on him).
      Tillery has 1 year to prove me wrong. Murray has 2 years to prove me right. I'm sincerely rooting for both of them to develop. I think both were drafted for Gus-type defense.
      Agree, I wasn't a Tillery guy either but I liked Murray. One thing we can't ever know about here before the draft is a players intelligents, football smarts, personality and love and desire for the game.
      Sure hope he gets it together this coming season.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Staley seems to overplay both Tillery and Murray vs better options. He’s got too much on his plate and won’t admit it.

Trend is a trend and don’t see it improving for Chargers much against better competition/coaching.

Telesco strikes me more of a captologist than talent evaluator. Staley thinks he can plug and play anyone in his scheme.

Chargers lost to both finesse teams (Texans/Broncos) and physical ones (Ravens/Cowboys).

Some due to injury and covid (everybody did) other scheme and game management.

Need to find what works (allowing Herbert to stretch the field) and avoid defensive breakdowns, gaps and stupid penalties.

Players like Murray and Tillery are not the answer.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
          Staley seems to overplay both Tillery and Murray vs better options. He’s got too much on his plate and won’t admit it.

Trend is a trend and don’t see it improving for Chargers much against better competition/coaching.

Telesco strikes me more of a captologist than talent evaluator. Staley thinks he can plug and play anyone in his scheme.

Chargers lost to both finesse teams (Texans/Broncos) and physical ones (Ravens/Cowboys).

Some due to injury and covid (everybody did) other scheme and game management.

Need to find what works (allowing Herbert to stretch the field) and avoid defensive breakdowns, gaps and stupid penalties.

Players like Murray and Tillery are not the answer.

How many years did it take Nwoso for the light to come on? 3.5 years?

:coffee:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, I wasn't a Tillery guy either but I liked Murray. One thing we can't ever know about here before the draft is a players intelligents, football smarts, personality and love and desire for the game.
            Sure hope he gets it together this coming season.
            Here's Murray in college.
            Oklahoma linebacker Kenneth Murray finished the regular season with 95 tackles, 13 tackles for loss and four sacks. Check out the top plays from Murray's jun...

He is a guy that you put in the middle... and let him hunt the other team's playmakers... QB's and RB's. You blitz him from the middle... you put him on the edge and stunt him. He runs down RB's on the edge or covers them out of the backfield... blows up screens... He needs to be in an attacking defense. I don't know if Staley will allow that. It seems he wants everyone playing a particular role. If we had better D-linemen, that kept OL off the LB's, I bet Murray, Tranquil, and White could fly around and make plays.

I'm not giving up on Murray.

Tillery... offers almost no help in that regard. IMO, he's a 3rd-and-long only. I'd draft another 4i that is better against the run. Then cut bait next year if he doesn't fit.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

How many years did it take Nwoso for the light to come on? 3.5 years?

:coffee:
              Nwoso is like so many 2nd/3rd day edge prospects in this class it’s not even funny. You can avoid 16 mil cap hit, let him hit free agency and draft Logan Hall 2nd rd. for just a couple million who has more length and strength to get there in half the time it took Nwoso. But at least Nwoso made it and looks like a solid selection.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

catch percentage of 59 percent.

how would he be without Keenan.... without a No. 1 taking away the secondary's best defender ??

how would he be without Philip/Justin throwing him the ball ??

we might find out if he becomes a Brownie.... opposite No. 1 Jarvis Landry and taking tosses from Mayfield.

considering we have needs @RB, TE, OL, NT, DT, ED & CB (+ Kyzir).... no way is MW worth $18.5m.... personally wouldn't pay a penny over $10m

Keenan & Palmer both @67 percent catch rate.... Cedrick Wilson @70, Ekeler @74

Zach Ertz @66 (not so great for a TE)

catchin' JH10 fastballs ain't easy, and.... dude has a below avg catch rate, has an injury history that makes most of uneasy, and he rarely if ever demands/commands a double team, and....

you want to pay him No. 1 monies ?? and never mind how are you gonna pay for all the FA names that litter this forum.... ?? !!

ps. the top receiver catch rates are just under 80 percent and higher.... if you're gonna spend big money, @least spend it wisely/get value for your FA monies.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  catch percentage of 59 percent.

how would he be without Keenan.... without a No. 1 taking away the secondary's best defender ??

how would he be without Philip/Justin throwing him the ball ??

we might find out if he becomes a Brownie.... opposite No. 1 Jarvis Landry and taking tosses from Mayfield.

considering we have needs @RB, TE, OL, NT, DT, ED & CB (+ Kyzir).... no way is MW worth $18.5m.... personally wouldn't pay a penny over $10m

Keenan & Palmer both @67 percent catch rate.... Cedrick Wilson @70, Ekeler @74

Zach Ertz @66 (not so great for a TE)

catchin' JH10 fastballs ain't easy, and.... dude has a below avg catch rate, has an injury history that makes most of uneasy, and he rarely if ever demands/commands a double team, and....

you want to pay him No. 1 monies ?? and never mind how are you gonna pay for all the FA names that litter this forum.... ?? !!

ps. the top receiver catch rates are just under 80 percent and higher.... if you're gonna spend big money, @least spend it wisely/get value for your FA monies.
                  Think I'd go by drops more than catch %. MW gets a lot more longer throws to him and some thrown up for 50/50 balls his first 4 years that Keenan don't get and those have a higher % of not being completed.

Keenan gets all the short routes and why he averages just over 10 YPC. He was below that this year with the stupid WR screens he was thrown that went nowhere.

I just think it's is leading stat. Christian Kirk led the league in catch % at 80% for a reference(min 60 targets to qualify)
                  Surprised?

And whose injury rate are you referring to? Surely it isnt MW.

I wouldn't call him or Lindlay injury concerns that you keep referring too.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-23-2022, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Nwoso is like so many 2nd/3rd day edge prospects in this class it’s not even funny. You can avoid 16 mil cap hit, let him hit free agency and draft Logan Hall 2nd rd. for just a couple million who has more length and strength to get there in half the time it took Nwoso. But at least Nwoso made it and looks like a solid selection.
                    I am not overpaying for Nwosu either. Granted, that doesn't mean you can just sign a college guy or Fackrell - but Telesco/Staley have to do some real scouting work to see if there is a better option out there.

If the price is right, Nwosu is good - but they still need somebody better opposite Bosa for me.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am not overpaying for Nwosu either. Granted, that doesn't mean you can just sign a college guy or Fackrell - but Telesco/Staley have to do some real scouting work to see if there is a better option out there.

If the price is right, Nwosu is good - but they still need somebody better opposite Bosa for me.
                      No one wants to overpay. The question is by how much & are there better options?

You need more than just one edge rusher opposite Bosa.

They could resign Nwosu and draft edge on day 1 or 2.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Gotta have to gamble in first 2 rounds or pay good money for one in FA. We never really replaced Melvin Ingram's ability to get QB pressure.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

I think Melvin is a free agent !

Comment

Working...
                          X