• Show
Clear All
  • SBbound
    Casual fanatic
    • Feb 2019
    • Merced/San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I expect Bosa and Mack’s pressure to turn Carr into King Koopa hiding in his shell
    A nice side benefit is that raider fans will be calling for Carr's head as they lose their home opener week two. Good.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

A nice side benefit is that raider fans will be calling for Carr's head as they lose their home opener week two. Good.
      But...but...the Raiduh Brass just signed Carr to a $120 mil deal...not gonna happen...Carr plays...and wins just enough games to get a wildcard playoff spot then go one and done...again...meanwhile, the Bolts win AFC championship... :biggrin:

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

How do Staley/Fangio defenses typically fare against Belichek/Josh "Joshy" McDaniel offenses? Acause that is what we will be seeing

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          How do Staley/Fangio defenses typically fare against Belichek/Josh "Joshy" McDaniel offenses? Acause that is what we will be seeing

TG
          NE scored 3 pts vs Staley's LAR defense on 12-10-20.
          Generic examples are interesting but I believe the winner will be who has their team playing team ball most efficiently.
          Game 1 vs LVR we have the advantage of being in year 2, LVR will be in a new offense. I like the match-up!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

LAC by 10 !

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
              LAC by 10 !
              ...Or more!

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Reed has an NFL body. He didn’t get that by sitting on his ass. I expect him to come out and give it his all this training camp. Good luck to him.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                  Other than Salyer (not planned but fell into their laps, much better OL depth) Zion (improving interior OL hole) JT Woods (deep safety to bump Derwin closer to scrimmage) Spiller (later but not too late to grab RB #2) Otitto Ogbonnia shore up interior DL, Ja’Sir Taylor and Deane Leonard shore up DB depth, and last but not least Zander Horvath (special teams, ground & pound physical back). These were all planned coaches/Staley picks.

Majority of draft weight was on the back end of draft, so after trade for Mack (2nd rd. pick) only two prospects are plug and play staters. However for all those wanting better depth, mission accomplished. Add 4 plug and play starters via FA, JC Jackson, Sebastian Joseph Day, Austin Johnson and Gerald Everett they brought in three impact spot staters in Kyle Van Noy, Bryce Callahan and Morgan Fox.

Special teams tbd. Not a real big fan of Carter over Andre Hopkins. Resigned kicker Dustin Hopkins, meh. Hopefully new special teams coach Ryan Ficken is the biggest catch and can continue positive trend upwards, but that will need a break out starter or two, much better tackling and team speed. I’m
                  think the two biggest signings in terms of being heady/helpful, and/or timely/lifesaver are Reeder and Van Noy, as gotta believe that there is an inordinate amount of risk w/Murray 'n Mack.

on O, woulda liked to see two similar signings, as think we're putting a bit too much on Spiller, and also a bit surprised we didn't nab a developmental TE from this draft, as think we had room for a fourth @TE ??

personally woulda been looking @the Browns and D'Ernest Jackson and Harrison Bryant.... also wouldn'ta been surprised if Kareem Hunt was available, and would like the balance a lot more if we had acquired the aforementioned, and ship out MW (w/Joshua Kelley) in exchange, and.... know that's not gonna happen, and.... just sayin'.... like the Reeder/Van Noy signings, and think a D'Ernest Jackson/Harrison Bryant move woulda been a similar coup in terms of helpful personnel additions, on O.

also think that Tillery is gonna be a factor this season, as think he spells not only the two FAs on the inside, but Mack on the outside a time or coupla few.

and gotta believe that the both of Van Noy and Rumph are gonna get alotta snaps this go 'round.

'nother guy that I think is gonna surprise/disappoint (in that thinkin' the some of you are hoping/counting on him not making the roster) is Tevaughn Campbell, as think it would be ill advised to send him packing, as think he could end up our third CB again, @times.... think Mike D. is gonna do some good things as well.

and do think Zion is gonna be the best get from the draft, but do think JT Woods is gonna be a defensive salve @safety, and we'll be glad more than once that we've got him back there.

think JC Jack and the two IDL are gonna stand up & deliver as well.

also think Covington is gonna prove to be a solid resign.
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Hardest measure of any draft is what you give up or gain in return. When there is a significant trade (1st/2nd) it rarely seems enough when looking at just actual draft picks. Chargers opted for safety with 17th overall instead of seeking gaining back 2nd in combo with later 1st. But that all depends on who’s carrying the cards (picks) you seek in return, so doubtful that was ever an option with both Chiefs/Seahawks.

Real toss up as to which group is most improved, which is exciting. Is it the OL, DL or secondary? Special teams like I said will all depend on Ficken utilizing resources. Like your plan to improve RB position, not just throwing all hopes on Spiller, that does seem like higher risk instead of a proven duo. If Chargers feel a 7th rd pick, Horvath, would project to that 3rd option behind Spiller, that’s very sketchy. But Cleveland is really going to need DeErnest Jackson and Harrison Bryant with DeShaun Watson or without.

I’m curious about back-up QB position. Hate to waste two roster spots on non-starters. That is the weakest link, God forbid something happens to Herbie. Can’t believe I’m saying this but signing Cam Newton, moving on from Chase and Stick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think the two biggest signings in terms of being heady/helpful, and/or timely/lifesaver are Reeder and Van Noy, as gotta believe that there is an inordinate amount of risk w/Murray 'n Mack.

on O, woulda liked to see two similar signings, as think we're putting a bit too much on Spiller, and also a bit surprised we didn't nab a developmental TE from this draft, as think we had room for a fourth @TE ??

personally woulda been looking @the Browns and D'Ernest Jackson and Harrison Bryant.... also wouldn'ta been surprised if Kareem Hunt was available, and would like the balance a lot more if we had acquired the aforementioned, and ship out MW (w/Joshua Kelley) in exchange, and.... know that's not gonna happen, and.... just sayin'.... like the Reeder/Van Noy signings, and think a D'Ernest Jackson/Harrison Bryant move woulda been a similar coup in terms of helpful personnel additions, on O.

also think that Tillery is gonna be a factor this season, as think he spells not only the two FAs on the inside, but Mack on the outside a time or coupla few.

and gotta believe that the both of Van Noy and Rumph are gonna get alotta snaps this go 'round.

'nother guy that I think is gonna surprise/disappoint (in that thinkin' the some of you are hoping/counting on him not making the roster) is Tevaughn Campbell, as think it would be ill advised to send him packing, as think he could end up our third CB again, @times.... think Mike D. is gonna do some good things as well.

and do think Zion is gonna be the best get from the draft, but do think JT Woods is gonna be a defensive salve @safety, and we'll be glad more than once that we've got him back there.

think JC Jack and the two IDL are gonna stand up & deliver as well.

also think Covington is gonna prove to be a solid resign.
                      I wasnt, we already have 2 of those in Parham and McKitty. Ive mentioned that many times....also mentioned we likely sign a vet. Harrison Bryant is still on his rookie contract for 2 more years.

D'Ernest Johnson was a good option but it didnt happen. Not like he was the best RB we could of got. That ship has sailed as soon as they put a tender on him. Not sure why you keep mentioning him.

Campbell is 29 or 30. He is peaked. Likely a PS player or cut....or perhaps he beats out one of the 6th round picks, which could happen. I expect nada from those guys this season.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                        Hardest measure of any draft is what you give up or gain in return. When there is a significant trade (1st/2nd) it rarely seems enough when looking at just actual draft picks. Chargers opted for safety with 17th overall instead of seeking gaining back 2nd in combo with later 1st. But that all depends on who’s carrying the cards (picks) you seek in return, so doubtful that was ever an option with both Chiefs/Seahawks.

Real toss up as to which group is most improved, which is exciting. Is it the OL, DL or secondary? Special teams like I said will all depend on Ficken utilizing resources. Like your plan to improve RB position, not just throwing all hopes on Spiller, that does seem like higher risk instead of a proven duo. If Chargers feel a 7th rd pick, Horvath, would project to that 3rd option behind Spiller, that’s very sketchy. But Cleveland is really going to need DeErnest Jackson and Harrison Bryant with DeShaun Watson or without.

I’m curious about back-up QB position. Hate to waste two roster spots on non-starters. That is the weakest link, God forbid something happens to Herbie. Can’t believe I’m saying this but signing Cam Newton, moving on from Chase and Stick.
                        def in the wait 'n see camp w/Derwin, as he has a substantial injury history and want to see him play thru a full season and thru the playoffs, and despite moving him closer to the LOS, and.... there is our history w/Weddle.... what is the championship ROI w/sinking your monies into the safety position ??

and think the secondary is most improved, save for the injury bug, as JC Jack is a def upgrade over our No. 1 cover corner last season, and if Mike D. returns to form, he'll be a solid No. 2, and then we've got Asante and Callahan, if the either of 'em can stay healthy/on the field, and.... personally still like Tevaughn Campbell some, and JT Woods is def a plus as well.

re: RB.... maybe we can pick up a vet on the waiver wire before the start of the season, as do think it would be helpful to have another proven commodity back there w/Ek, altho still wondering if Kelley has more to show than he has to date ??
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Regards QB room, what is better? Herbert continuing his stellar development or having another roster slot and / or a different vet backup QB?
                          Moving on from what has been a raging success for #10 & the Chargers to flip a coin with a what if ? I'd take another year to think about it.

I want to see our RBs in pads vs other teams. Ek & Spiller are on the team.
                          Let's see what Kelley, Rountree, Brown, Marks & Horvath have to show us.

Mandatory mini-camp is tomorrow - Wed. Then the player vacation until July 28.

Comment

Working...
                          X