• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

LOL...oh my, I can just imagine your wife: "What? $40k for a home theater?" Dmac: "But honey, I'll be using it a LOT for conference calls! AND, I will occasionally be leading my OWN conferences for professional development!"
    Ummm . . . . yeah. I know what would happen to me if I ran this logic up the flagpole!!!

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I hope he’s got that fire now to not be denied. I don’t know why I’m feeling positive about him, I guess its just that time of year for me.
      At this time of year we all expect every payer on our team will be a pro-bowl layer. We must have the very best team of all time.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Nothing like having a kid AND your job being in jeopardy to motivate a guy.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Nothing like having a kid AND your job being in jeopardy to motivate a guy.
          And the fact that that job is a 6 figure job annually (minimum) with future millions available if he's just average. If all of this doesn't motivate him then nothing will.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

Some guys are confident and "tough" no matter how much they suck. Some guys need confidence in their technique to play with toughness. Pipkins clearly was having confidence issues.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I can forgive Pip for coming into the league naive enough to think that his NFL team would be willing to, and capable of, providing him with all the coaching he'd need to be the player they want.

It's great to see him getting the extra help. Can't really say, though, that I'm a fan of drafting a guy who's going to produce very little for the team while under his rookie contract.
              He should have become a starter his second year, third year at the latest if everything had gone right development wise.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I can forgive Pip for coming into the league naive enough to think that his NFL team would be willing to, and capable of, providing him with all the coaching he'd need to be the player they want.

It's great to see him getting the extra help. Can't really say, though, that I'm a fan of drafting a guy who's going to produce very little for the team while under his rookie contract.
                I agree you should prioritize early production with early picks, which is why Pipkins was a reach.

But lots of people reach for OTs because they usually take 2-3 years to develop, so you need a pipeline, and the market is scarce.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

LOL...oh my, I can just imagine your wife: "What? $40k for a home theater?" Dmac: "But honey, I'll be using it a LOT for conference calls! AND, I will occasionally be leading my OWN conferences for professional development!"
                  Lol. My son is a film production study major (to be, next year). I (partially) sold it as a vital educational investment - It was the typical reasonable home construction project you estimate to be XX and X months, and it turns out YY and 3X or 4X as long.

Our first contractor slow-worked for 7 months, barely showing up, always with a new excuse. Just full of S. He finally walked off the job with base structure construction 90% done, unable to get permits signed off for the final 10% and unable to get the regress windows he told me were mandatory but left me in limbo for 4 months plus. That prevented me from installing anything. He wanted pay anyway and I laughed and said I’d pay the remainder when the job was done, so instead of finishing he just walked and left me in a lurch.

we scrambled and got a different contractor and i figured out that alternate larger regress windows that were sitting in stock the entire time at any nearby Home Depot or Lowes would meet code and let us finish the permits. But that changed structural plan, so had to redo the drawings and city signoff, increased construction cost another $1000. But they got us thru the permits so we could then install all of the gear. After 8, 9, heading toward 10 months, you know longer give a fuck what it will cost, you just want your house done and your life back.

And she was actually a cost driver - her personal tastes drove it from 30 to 40.
                  - two rows stadium style - gray leather power lumbar/headrest/recliners (I was onboard with this, that was 70% budgeted)
                  - designer wall sconces
                  - Colored LED lighting around the ceiling, which is very cool
                  - designer theater carpet
                  - custom celiing, wall and trim painting
                  - quartz counters atop ebony cabinets
                  - designer mini frig
                  - custom acoustic panels

I had spec authority of the projector, screen and audio system. I only spent $14k fully installed. AND I got lucky - the first projector was 4k lamp technology - after 2 weeks the video started cutting out intermittently. Fortunately I used a very reputable crew. They were back out that monday morning - they took away that projector. Then, the lucky part, they couldn’t replace it as Epson phased that one out between the time we ordered it and the long delayed construction finally allowed them to install everything. Instead there was a new Laser version. They upgraded me to the Laser 4k for free. Picture is so much crisper and alive with the laser version, huge upgrade difference.

But it still did it. it turns out - it was the HDMI cable. SCORE!

I swear, i won’t bore anyone ever again about this project that consumed 10 months of our life over here and tore at the very fabric of family lol. But trust me, the scars are real and its not the $40k we think about. Thank you for letting me get this out, I felt the healing begin
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Lol. My son is a film production study major (to be, next year). I (partially) sold it as a vital educational investment - It was the typical reasonable home construction project you estimate to be XX and X months, and it turns out YY and 3X or 4X as long.

Our first contractor slow-worked for 7 months, barely showing up, always with a new excuse. Just full of S. He finally walked off the job with base structure construction 90% done, unable to get permits signed off for the final 10% and unable to get the regress windows he told me were mandatory but left me in limbo for 4 months plus. That prevented me from installing anything. He wanted pay anyway and I laughed and said I’d pay the remainder when the job was done, so instead of finishing he just walked and left me in a lurch.

we scrambled and got a different contractor and i figured out that alternate larger regress windows that were sitting in stock the entire time at any nearby Home Depot or Lowes would meet code and let us finish the permits. But that changed structural plan, so had to redo the drawings and city signoff, increased construction cost another $1000. But they got us thru the permits so we could then install all of the gear. After 8, 9, heading toward 10 months, you know longer give a fuck what it will cost, you just want your house done and your life back.

And she was actually a cost driver - her personal tastes drove it from 30 to 40.
                    - two rows stadium style - gray leather power lumbar/headrest/recliners (I was onboard with this, that was 70% budgeted)
                    - designer wall sconces
                    - designer mini frig
                    - custom acoustic panels

I had spec authority of the projector, screen and audio system. I only spent $14k fully installed. AND I got lucky - the first projector was 4k lamp technology - after 2 weeks the video started cutting out intermittently. Fortunately I used a very reputable crew. They were back out that monday morning - they took away that projector. Then, the lucky part, they couldn’t replace it as Epson phased that one out between the time we ordered it and the long delayed construction finally allowed them to install everything. Instead there was a new Laser version. They upgraded me to the Laser 4k for free. Picture is so much crisper and alive with the laser version, huge upgrade difference.

I swear, i won’t bore anyone ever again about this project that consumed 10 months of our life over here and tore at the very fabric of family lol. But trust me, the scars are real and its not the $40k we think about. Thank you for letting me get this out, I felt the healing begin
                    Spec authority for the win!

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

- designer wall sconces
                      - designer mini frig
                      - custom acoustic panels

Oh my, that WAS quite a major project...hope u were able to take an educational tax expense writeoff on that...

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

- designer wall sconces
                        - designer mini frig
                        - custom acoustic panels

So whens movie night?We'll all bring our Chargers gear!

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

So whens movie night?We'll all bring our Chargers gear!
                          Forget about movie night, when are we going to watch one of the prime time game

Comment

Working...
                          X