• Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

All I do is look at his record
    three head coaches
    three playoffs - all wild card
    zero divisions
    under .500 overall

Its not about picking a bad pick here or there - its about the entire body of work. And its below average. When they fired Lynn, that was the right time to fire Telesco

That said - he has a draft coming up and I hope he hits it out of the park and does such a good job this year - he gets extended after the 2023 season. I hope he builds a roster that wins the AFCW. I want the guy to succeed
    Are you certain JohnBoy didnt pick those HCs? Rumor is JB llked Lynn and they hired a consultant when they hired McCoy. I dont blame either of those guys on Telesco.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Are you certain JohnBoy didnt pick those HCs? Rumor is JB llked Lynn and they hired a consultant when they hired McCoy. I dont blame either of those guys on Telesco.
      As I understand it, Wolf was the one who came up with McCoy and Dean followed his advice, Dean let John and Telesco pick Lynn and when that didn’t work out, he led the search that ended up with Staley.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

As I understand it, Wolf was the one who came up with McCoy and Dean followed his advice, Dean let John and Telesco pick Lynn and when that didn’t work out, he led the search that ended up with Staley.
        So Telesco really hasn't got to pick a HC on his own.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Look at the records of the Chiefs and Chargers since Andy went to KC and Telesco went to the Chargers. The Chiefs are better
          look at the sTeelers with TOmlin - never a season under .500
          look at the RAvens with Newsome to DeCosta with harbaugh
          I don't want to comapre Telesco to Steve Keim as Steve Keim is not good.
          Hell the combo in Seattle of John Scheider and Pete Carroll - pretty damn good

Telesco doesn't deserve a pass -he is part of the problem. His drafting in rounds 3-5 is pathetic,
          He has traded up four times- do not recall trying to get more picks by trading back - and those four trades ups - not very good. Te'O, Attauocho, Gordon and Murray

This isn't about a bust pick here, a bust pick there. It’s about the record - thats all that matters. Look at the record. It’s has below average.
          Tomlin has had a great career but an honest evaluation would admit the Steelers have been second tier for a long time. Seems like a decade, not sure the exact #years. Good, slightly above .500, but not close to competing for best in league. It’s not been him so much as Steeler personnel has not been as good.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Thats the public story I recall.

I’ll never forget a game that we needed a FG to win and McCoy was afraid to look and covered his eyes/turned away. That was near the end of McCoy.

Dean did the search selection for Staley? I’m surprised he still gets that involved in employees and players.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

It just goes to show you looking at the Chiefs today we could’ve beat them. And Mahomes goes down. We would’ve won. But you never know. I felt like it was our year this season. And Mahomes hurts his ankle. Who knows how he’s gonna look in the Conference Championship. You never know any given game. Any play.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Chump change. Sadly he’ll probably get less holding calls because of this.
                Absolutely - he will NOT be given the benefit of the doubt, probably for the rest of his career, regardless as to whether he was correct or not - it was the way he handled it that they'll remember. Referees talk to each other too. Would have been nice if his coach had stepped in on his behalf before he had his hissy fit. You know - 'Joey - go sit down - I got this'.

But no . . . . .

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Look at the records of the Chiefs and Chargers since Andy went to KC and Telesco went to the Chargers. The Chiefs are better
                  Hell the combo in Seattle of John Scheider and Pete Carroll - pretty damn good.

Telesco doesn't deserve a pass -he is part of the problem. His drafting in rounds 3-5 is pathetic,
                  He has traded up four times- do not recall trying to get more picks by trading back - and those four trades ups - not very good. Te'O, Attauocho, Gordon and Murray

This isn't about a bust pick here, a bust pick there. Its about the record - thats all that matters. Look at the record. Its below average.

All you do is complain about Telescos drafting like he is the only one who drafts players in round 3 thru 5 that dont pan out.

Do some damn research. He isn't as bad as some of you say. Assuming don't cut it.

You just called Pete Carroll and Schneider "pretty damn good".
                  They had 4 third round picks in 2017 and only one was worth a shit.

Is this fucking good? I'm going back 10 years. I think TT is just as good. At least lately. He wasn't good early but we got Keenan in his first draft.

And let's not forget, they traded us a third for Clipboard Jesus.

And there are GMs worse than Seattle had been and worse than us.

Screenshot_20230121-175405.png

Screenshot_20230121-175345.png

Screenshot_20230121-175216.png

Screenshot_20230121-175149.png
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-21-2023, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

Hell the combo in Seattle of John Scheider and Pete Carroll - pretty damn good

This isn't about a bust pick here, a bust pick there. Its about the record - thats all that matters. Look at the record. Its below average.
                    Ummm Reid is a HC not a GM. So that invalid to compare the 2. Otherwise we could compare to JH to Justin Jefferson.
                    Tomlin again is a HC TT is not AND that is a product of a coaching staff. Steelers have a solid coaching system.
                    Ravens? What have they done? Nothing. We bounced them out of 2018 playoff's as big underdogs.

The flaw in your thinking is you can cherry pick your comparables. But the bottom line is TT is an above average GM. In a poll of other GM's they put him as 9th best in the NFL. Those are from other GM's and owners.

TT should have played the 2nd half against the Jag's maybe we wouldn't have blown the biggest lead in Charger history.

You just can't please some people.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Screenshot_20230118-204711_Facebook.jpg

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        Thank you

this is only thing that matters
                        His record sucks and he is a lousy GM and after 30 years in and around the NFL - he will never be a good GM
                        I want him too - but he won't be - he just isn't that good at his job. He started as an intern with the Bills in 1991 - 32 years later - GM going on his 11th year
                        Its just not there for the guy - he doesn't get it. He doesn't understand how to build a roster, how to have an identity

When I mention the Steelers, Ravens and Seahawks - I bring those teams up because they seem to have an identity of how they play, the players they draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

That dont look great i agree but Doug Peterson for example will add a division title to his resume with a worse record in a shit division. Its going to be tough to surplant Mahomes and Reed.

Also Tomlin has never had a losing record but he has plenty of 8-8, 9-7 seasons. That would be grounds for a loud dismisal here. The Steelers havent had a good OL for some time now. They get by on defense.

So crickets on Seattles awesome drafts rounds 3 thru 5? Thought so.

Comment

Working...
                          X