First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    Originally posted by colorado View Post

Roo, there's two things we are guaranteed in life, death and taxes......
    And the 4000 passing yards by Philip Rivers !

Leave a comment:

• Fleet 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Fleet is absolutely a kind and generous man. He has demonstrated it time after time.

Roo, I wish you peace. I am taught that the Devil makes his last attempt when we are approaching death and unleashes everything he has — and the stronger you are in your faith, the more he lets fly. But I think you understand properly what our life here means and what it means elsewhere and have lived accordingly, so no surprise to me you are at peace all ready. Thanks for your example. You are in my morning prayers each day.
    God so loved that he GAVE!!!!

Leave a comment:

• colorado
    replied
    Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Don't think for a moment that I don't appreciate all the kindness and prayers I've received from my fellow Charger fans. I sure do. But, I want everyone to know that I'm just another guy. The difference between me and many others is the strength I get from God. I believe the Bible is inspired by God - Almighty God. So, because I believe that, I lean on it. I trust Gods words and I'm willing to live by them as much as I possibly can. Like everyone, I sometimes sin but I sure try not to and I quickly ask forgiveness. I believe Philippians 4:13 says I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me . I believe that and I ask Jesus for help all the time and He helps me.

So far as my health, I believe the Lord can keep me alive for a long time yet and I believe He can take me to heaven any minute and I'm okay either way because I can do all things through Christ!

I've probably said way too much about faith already, but I recently had a minor miracle and I'm going to tell you about it. Some of you won't believe it, I almost can't believe it myself, but here's what happened;
    I went to the bathroom because I needed to pee. Somehow, I fell flat on my face. My left arm was caught in this wrought iron towel holder and it was very painful and bleeding bad. My head had hit the tub and split the skin on my forehead so that was dripping blood on the back of my right hand. I called as loud as I can but my wife didn't respond (turns out she was in the garage), so I tried to raise myself up but I'm so darn weak I couldn't lift myself and I simply fell again I tried two more times but each time I just raised myself up a little and the fell again. I was laying there and I said aloud;"Jesus, help me" and boom! I was suddenly standing . I was thinking maybe he will give me a bit more strength but he did way better than that. so now, I never hesitate to tell people to "lean on Jesus".

Fleet - I'll understand if you think I went to far here and you delete this.
    Roo, there's two things we are guaranteed in life, death and taxes......

Leave a comment:

• Heatmiser
    replied
    Fleet is absolutely a kind and generous man. He has demonstrated it time after time.

Roo, I wish you peace. I am taught that the Devil makes his last attempt when we are approaching death and unleashes everything he has — and the stronger you are in your faith, the more he lets fly. But I think you understand properly what our life here means and what it means elsewhere and have lived accordingly, so no surprise to me you are at peace all ready. Thanks for your example. You are in my morning prayers each day.

Leave a comment:

• chargeroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

This is your thread my man. Its never too much or too little. Its perfection because you said it. And if you end up with God soon...i want as much of you as i can get. You are like my spiritual mentor here. Wether people choose to believe in God or not...we live in a totally divided society right now...and all you do is promote unity. Even with non believers...you dont attack...you dont label or cancel...you just love. You see the good in just about everyone and everything.

You are a light in a dark world. And i will always have your back. And that goes for anyone here who is dealing with very tough life situations.
    Thanks Fleet, you are a kind man.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet 1
    replied

This is your thread my man. Its never too much or too little. Its perfection because you said it. And if you end up with God soon...i want as much of you as i can get. You are like my spiritual mentor here. Wether people choose to believe in God or not...we live in a totally divided society right now...and all you do is promote unity. Even with non believers...you dont attack...you dont label or cancel...you just love. You see the good in just about everyone and everything.

You are a light in a dark world. And i will always have your back. And that goes for anyone here who is dealing with very tough life situations.

Leave a comment:

• chargeroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Yes, but-- as much as it seems to honk you off-- *YOU* have been the conduit through which so many of us have received that strength.

C'mon, Roo-- it won't hurt ya to accept some appreciation from those of us who have such great respect for you, and I don't think Jesus will object.
    Don't think for a moment that I don't appreciate all the kindness and prayers I've received from my fellow Charger fans. I sure do. But, I want everyone to know that I'm just another guy. The difference between me and many others is the strength I get from God. I believe the Bible is inspired by God - Almighty God. So, because I believe that, I lean on it. I trust Gods words and I'm willing to live by them as much as I possibly can. Like everyone, I sometimes sin but I sure try not to and I quickly ask forgiveness. I believe Philippians 4:13 says I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me . I believe that and I ask Jesus for help all the time and He helps me.

So far as my health, I believe the Lord can keep me alive for a long time yet and I believe He can take me to heaven any minute and I'm okay either way because I can do all things through Christ!

I've probably said way too much about faith already, but I recently had a minor miracle and I'm going to tell you about it. Some of you won't believe it, I almost can't believe it myself, but here's what happened;
    I went to the bathroom because I needed to pee. Somehow, I fell flat on my face. My left arm was caught in this wrought iron towel holder and it was very painful and bleeding bad. My head had hit the tub and split the skin on my forehead so that was dripping blood on the back of my right hand. I called as loud as I can but my wife didn't respond (turns out she was in the garage), so I tried to raise myself up but I'm so darn weak I couldn't lift myself and I simply fell again I tried two more times but each time I just raised myself up a little and the fell again. I was laying there and I said aloud;"Jesus, help me" and boom! I was suddenly standing . I was thinking maybe he will give me a bit more strength but he did way better than that. so now, I never hesitate to tell people to "lean on Jesus".

Leave a comment:

• FtheTurds
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Yes, but-- as much as it seems to honk you off-- *YOU* have been the conduit through which so many of us have received that strength.

C'mon, Roo-- it won't hurt ya to accept some appreciation from those of us who have such great respect for you, and I don't think Jesus will object.
    our daughter is very ill with a rare cancer.. wrote on here in the past and how I question if there was a god. LOTS of my charger brothers came out in support and I still thank you.. but ROO contacted me and gave me hope again, as I had lost all hope in God. Roo, the human did came to my side. What you have written about him is spot on!!

Leave a comment:

• Ghost of Quacksaw
    replied

The strength comes from Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• BoltBacker
    replied
    You have been a great example and inspiration to many of us.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Man,....hate seeing this. Hope you can hang in there.

My wish is for every long suffering fan to see this regime turn this around. A year too late it seems but God willing, you can have another upswing in your health.
    But I'd understand if your wish is to go ❤️

Leave a comment:

• Ghost of Quacksaw
    replied
    Roo, I know it's difficult for you to acknowledge to your friends here that you've been important to us. You credit Jesus for everything, and I'm not saying that you're wrong. But the truth of the matter is that *you* answered The Call, when others didn't. You gave yourself over to be an instrument of God, and we-- please believe me on this-- are *so* very moved by that.

In my opinion, you shouldn't have to hang around any longer than you *want* to. I'm here to reflect to you that you have been a tireless servant who deserves his reward. Brother, you are free to let go, to pass 'Go', and collect what awaits you. My love to you and Arlene. And may we meet again!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X