• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Yeah all good. Had a red flag warning here in Kauai south side. But the rain this morning is helping. No fires here. My buddy in Maui is searching for friends. Bodies in cars he says. Nimber is going to be high.
    Sad, ....devastation all over. Destroyed an entire Town/City. Dont see many roads to get in and out so they were screwed. Not sure an alarm would of helped a lot but may have given some just a little more time to get out and the roads a bit less crowded.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      We have two daughters on Maui. Happily, they are safe. Not so happily, their cell phones are out so it's driving us a bit nuts wanting to talk to them.
      We've gone there many times so we are familiar with places they are showing in ashes. It's heartbreaking to see places we have enjoyed that are burnt to the ground.

We have a vacation rental there that we have offered free to a couple that lost their house. It'll be a while before we start getting renters again.

The best thing we can do is to pray for the residents of Maui.
      Hope you can get in contact soon Roo. Prayers. The waiting must be terrible.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Maui update - We are back in contact with our daughters. Also good news - the electricity is back on in their area. A displaced person is now living in our Condo, she's a very nice lady in her early sixties . Moe good news, the road to the other side of Maui is open again. Our girls have already gone over there and picked up supplies for themselves and some of their neighbors.

Thanks to all who are praying for the people of Maui.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          Maui update - We are back in contact with our daughters. Also good news - the electricity is back on in their area. A displaced person is now living in our Condo, she's a very nice lady in her early sixties . Moe good news, the road to the other side of Maui is open again. Our girls have already gone over there and picked up supplies for themselves and some of their neighbors.

Thanks to all who are praying for the people of Maui.
          Amazing. Happy for you

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

About three weeks ago I started having trouble with my breathing and had to start using oxygen and the Nebulizer. It's not a constant problem like it was a couple of years ago. Instead, it comes and goes. I also find myself so darn lazy that I sleep nearly as much during the day as I do at night. I told my hospice nurse about all this and he and his Doctor gave me a thorough examination. They decided that my cancer had become active again. The period of remission is over. I said - "so you're telling me that my remission is missing!" I may as well joke about it because I can't do much else. I have decided it's time to pray that the end won't be as harsh as they described to me.

They said I'll need to move to an assisted living place before too long. I could also stay here and hire a nurse to care for me but that's very expensive and probably beyond my means.

For right now, I'm doing okay. The bad breathing spells aren't lasting too long and I have the tools (oxygen and nebulizer) to deal with it. My wonderful wife helps me with whatever I need. I praise God for sending her into my life. ​
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Much love and support 'Roo.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Moved this thread back to the main forum as i dont think many saw this update Roo. Sending MOJO your way. TPB's its time to rally for Roo again.

You are not alone my brother. We got you.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Prayers. Best wishes 'Roo.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Prayers to you man.Trust and have faith always in our Heavenly Father to see ya thru bro.Bolt Up.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Rally for Roo! Thinking of you today, brother.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Arlington, TX
                        • Send PM

You've been on my daily prayer list for almost two years now. God has been faithful to you and will continue to be through this time of transition into your new heavenly body. Just think - no more pain, no more sorrow, just heavenly exaltation! I'm proud to call you my brother in Christ!

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

Best wishes, Roo. I'll put you back on the prayer list.

Comment

Working...
                          X