• Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

All the Chargers had to do is beat Houston and they would be in.

They could have even lost to the raiders
    Covid kind of fucked up that whole Texans game. No secondary and reduced DL….it was like 2nd tier guys trying to stop their run offense and doesnt really represent our team. But thats the breaks….cant change it now.

If we made it in we would have hit the Buffalo buzzsaw last night right? I dont think our D would have done enough. Better than the Pats rolling over yes but I dont think this was our year to get far in the playoffs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Very important off-season and I’m willing to give Staley his chance to build it and he and Telesco have a golden opportunity here. Overall we were better but still blew too many opportunities that were there for the taking and it sure as hell wasn’t Justin’s fault what a joy to watch him play.

Go get some fuckin glass eaters on defense Brandon and a RT Justin will handle the rest.
      I think that is where it starts: RT, IDL, CB and maybe Edge

As for the game last night - Bills had 7 possession in a row with a touchdown. That was a beat down

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

I’m happy that both raiders and pats were eliminated last night. Looking forward to KC getting eliminated as well :thumbsup: after that I don’t really care who wins it all

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Jerome Boger, officials from Raiders-Bengals game not expected to work again this NFL postseason (espn.com)

Referee Jerome Boger and the crew that worked the AFC wild-card game between the Las Vegas Raiders and Cincinnati Bengals are not expected to officiate again this postseason after their problematic performance Saturday highlighted by a controversial whistle.

The NFL grades officials after each game, and Boger and his crew are not expected to receive high marks for Saturday, when they ruled that a whistle occurred after Cincinnati's Tyler Boyd caught a touchdown from Joe Burrow -- although replays appeared to show otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
            I’m happy that both raiders and pats were eliminated last night. Looking forward to KC getting eliminated as well :thumbsup: after that I don’t really care who wins it all
            if anyone noticed...the radahs kicked a lot of field goals....which at the time seemed not good enough ....but because of their patience they had a chance at the end. Did not go for it on 4th down until late in the game when there was not much time left. Lesson there somewhere.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post

if anyone noticed...the radahs kicked a lot of field goals....which at the time seemed not good enough ....but because of their patience they had a chance at the end. Did not go for it on 4th down until late in the game when there was not much time left. Lesson there somewhere.
              I still do not get the play where Carr spiked the ball. After the fourth down pass, there were 12 seconds left on the clock. Also, you only need one second on the clock to run a 4th down play. At worst, just throw a fade to Waller or something to Renfrow really quick. Give yourself 4 chances. Hell even if one of the four is half-ass -its better than no chance.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Yup take the points… even Belicheat kicked FG and punted when he was deep in his own territory. Staley will learn.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Zac Taylor, the Bengals coach, opted for FGs too instead of going for it, and in the end they had a 1 TD lead, forcing the Raiders to have to score a TD to tie, instead of being able to kick a FG to tie or win the game. Those three pointers add up and make a difference at the end of the game. Real football people understand this. Hopefully Staley will get it next season.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I'm not talking about the QB position specifically.

Point is to say that TT makes it such an emphasis to hire those types of players only. He needs to be more open minded in that regard. They don't all have to be squeaky clean.
                    ​​​

Having a clean background is kind of important. At the end of the day, we need people are both talented but also available to play when we need them. Losing guys like Jeudy probably prevented the Raiders from making a deeper push in the playoffs.

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

that was also aided by the fact that Cincy only scored 6 points in the second half. in some games, you are going to be left behind kicking FG's. while i see some of Staley's 4th down tries as overkill, there is plenty of upside to a lot them. in the 2nd chiefs game, i think he overthought himself. however, i think it is a lot easier to pull Staley back a bit, than to get a guy like Lynn to change his ways.

these back and forth posts could go on forever, and probably will.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Uhmm this is actually an argument in Staley’s favor though lol. They ended up losing because they played too conservatively.

Edit: did you also conveniently forget that against the Chiefs and the Raiders, we had a chance to win it as well at the end? Maybe that’s the problem and not the analytics on 4th down.
                        Last edited by Xenos; 01-16-2022, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Saturday was a good day of football. The Raiders being the first team to exit the playoff was the cake. The Patriots being trounced and bounced from the post-season was the frosting. I had my cake and ate it to, with frosting. I've got a bit of sugar hangover this morning.

Three of the teams that remain in the AFC field have never won a Super Bowl - the Bengals, Bills and Titans. On the NFC side, only the Cardinals have never won a Lombardi. I really hope one of these four teams wins it. I guess my order of preference is Bengals, Bills, Cardinals, Titans.

Today I will be rooting for the Eagles over the Bucs, the Steelers over the Chiefs and the 49ers over the Cowboys.

Comment

Working...
                          X