Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MusicMakerInMe
    replied
    Yeah the Rams defense to me was ultimately the MVP of that game (Kupp was a great choice however).

When the Bengals scored (on that missed face mask) and the Rams offense could not do anything (they were missing OBJ bad), it was the Rams' defense which was key to keeping the game close rather than out of hand.

If the Bengals scored one more time after that, who knows what happens. I was thinking the Rams were done if the Bengals were to score after that INT in the 3rd quarter but their defense started to really play to their potential.

After that 3rd quarter touchdown the Rams defense played great as they made stop after stop, which kept the game within range for a 4th quarter comeback and ultimately were key in stopping the Bengals from making a comeback of their own. Their secondary shut down the dink and dunk, knocking passes down as well as making clean tackles to prevent YAC and their DL/linebackers got to Burrow quickly and consistently to prevent the big routes from forming. Shit, even during that touchdown they had Burrow in a tough spot throwing up underthrown pass that Ramsey may have potentially brought down if it wasn't for a face mask.
    Last edited by MusicMakerInMe; 02-15-2022, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

I also thought McVay sucked yesterday with too many runs and not enough quick passes to Kupp who dominated even double teams as he did all year.
    Kupp, Donald, Stafford, and the defense pulled it out, even with the Bengals gifted a TD on the shitty no call.
    It definitely felt like the Rams defense stepped it up and covered for McVay’s stupidity for most of the game. And then he finally realized on that last drive that he didn’t need to run so much, and instead used Stafford and Kupp finally.

Leave a comment:

• Leslie Grossman
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Sean McVay is just infuriating sometimes as an offensive mind. It feels like he really didn’t want to win the SB again. But luckily he won.
    I also thought McVay sucked yesterday with too many runs and not enough quick passes to Kupp who dominated even double teams as he did all year.
    Kupp, Donald, Stafford, and the defense pulled it out, even with the Bengals gifted a TD on the shitty no call.

Leave a comment:

• PR#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Ummmm yeah. We can rebuild after. I’ll take a Super Bowl and 5 years of mediocrity than 6 years of good but not good enough.
    Yes I would take a Super bowl and 5 years of 4-13 seasons too

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The Bengals were gifted a TD on the facemask call. They would not have even been ahead so IMO, while the calls both sucked, they evened out.
    Hard to argue with this. Both teams got victimized by poor officiating.

Leave a comment:

• ghost
    replied

I believe The Bengals can still win if Mike Pence shows courage.

Leave a comment:

• MusicMakerInMe
    replied
    Fortune plays such a large role in getting a Super Bowl or any championship.

Shit, it plays a large role in every single person's life.

Someone who is highly skilled and knowledgeable still needs fortune on their side for a job interview.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Nunc Coepi View Post
    It is true that what separates successful teams from unsuccessful teams is not all that much. Over the last fifteen years, there were many games that the Chargers lost by less than a touchdown. If one play had had a different outcome in those games, the Chargers would have won. I bet that this team has lost more single score games than any team in history.

It is also the reason that there is little hope for the future. Tom Brady's teams, the Steelers and the Packers and the rest of the marquee teams are not perfect teams. They have not been much better than the Chargers, But what they have are sympathetic referees The referees cover up mistakes. They throw penalty flags to give these teams second chances to score when they don't do it.

We saw this happen yesterday for the Rams in the closing minutes. They were stopped from scoring a game winning touchdown. Then the referee threw a flag to give them another chance.

The Chargers do not receive preferential treatment from the NFL. You need it to win. So this team will continue to have the problems it has always had.
    The Bengals were gifted a TD on the facemask call. They would not have even been ahead so IMO, while the calls both sucked, they evened out.

Leave a comment:

• Nunc Coepi
    replied
    It is true that what separates successful teams from unsuccessful teams is not all that much. Over the last fifteen years, there were many games that the Chargers lost by less than a touchdown. If one play had had a different outcome in those games, the Chargers would have won. I bet that this team has lost more single score games than any team in history.

It is also the reason that there is little hope for the future. Tom Brady's teams, the Steelers and the Packers and the rest of the marquee teams are not perfect teams. They have not been much better than the Chargers, But what they have are sympathetic referees The referees cover up mistakes. They throw penalty flags to give these teams second chances to score when they don't do it.

We saw this happen yesterday for the Rams in the closing minutes. They were stopped from scoring a game winning touchdown. Then the referee threw a flag to give them another chance.

The Chargers do not receive preferential treatment from the NFL. You need it to win. So this team will continue to have the problems it has always had.

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied
    The NFL is highly random and luck based. Small sample sizes, oblong ball, uneven possessions, etc.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    The funny thing is how little separates the fortunes of teams winning and losing. Imagine if that 49er DB hangs on to a gimme interception that likely seals the game? The Rams aren't even in the SB. Imagine if Buffalo's coaching staff doesn't crap the bed in the last 13 seconds of a game? I think the Bills are in and likely win the SB.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

From a strategic point, you were not wrong. Sometimes teams and players do exactly the wrong thing and it works out for them anyway. If Jaquiski Tartt catches the late Stafford pop fly INT ball in the NFCCG, how does their strategy look then? I would say generally screwed going forward with nothing to show for it. I would never want our team to adopt the approach of the Rams as it makes staying on top difficult to maintain.
    The Rams method is a little too extreme for me. However, some of their methodology is actually pretty innovative by NFL standards and I wouldn’t mind adapting some of it. Especially with regards to scouting and the ecosystem they created.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X