• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    Those are all faults of his but none worse than keeping Reich IMO.

He's the worst OC in the league IMO.
    To think that McCoy has no involvement in the offense is laughable, especially now that his job is on the line.

The guy can't coach and has been a terrible hire for this team.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

He's no Norv if that's what you mean.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
        Says the guy that was the leader of the Pollyanna clique when Norv was hired.
        Nope. Hated the Norv hire. Also hated the Marty hire because he was the enemy. I changed my tune on Marty.

But hey, nice shot in the dark attempt. Worked out well.
        Last edited by oneinchpunch; 12-08-2015, 11:59 PM.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
          Those are all faults of his but none worse than keeping Reich IMO.

He's the worst OC in the league IMO.
          I'm not sticking this colossal failure just on one guy that never should've been considered for the job.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• homeless simpson
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

to answer the original question if there is a difference from the last few years of Norv/AJ (aka the post LT era).....yes because this current team is even more finesse, more injured/injury prone players, even lesser depth, less quality FA pickups, less playmakers/All Pros/Probowlers, less running game, less players developing, less veteran/leadership presence (name somebody on the team that wasnt part of the previous regime/roster that fit that description), much more rapid decline (both in play/wins and support for the previously uncriticizable teflon Telesco and McCoy at the start of the season....man, people jumped off their nuts as soon as the losing streak started), even less media communication (when was the last time you've seen or heard from John/Tom?), less game day thread participations, less Salma Hayeks, i'm sure there's a lot more......

the last few years of Norv/AJ were frustrating to watch. this current regime is just unwatchable.
            Last edited by homeless simpson; 12-09-2015, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

More Salma Hayek would make this watchable.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                Nope. Hated the Norv hire. Also hated the Marty hire because he was the enemy. I changed my tune on Marty.

But hey, nice shot in the dark attempt. Worked out well.
                Right. I call em like I see em. You challenged everyone who spoke out against the NOrv hire with 'give the guy a chance'.
                sigpic

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

Den syndrome must be contagious.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    Right. I call em like I see em. You challenged everyone who spoke out against the NOrv hire with 'give the guy a chance'.
                    No I didn't. I hated the hire but understood the thinking behind it. Certainly didn't mean I liked it or thought he deserved a chance.

On the other hand I thought McCoy deserved a chance but it became clear very early on that he isn't a good HC yet and hasn't gotten better over the 3 seasons.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

Crazy...I am the first to admit that I was totally wrong on McCoy. He was my first pick as head coach (especially after Jax took Gus and Shaw announced he was staying in college) and I was stoked when they hired him. I mean he is a Ute! I am on record somewhere as saying he is going to make a great head coach and that he was a great hire, especially after a playoff win in his first season. Ugh. I could not have been more wrong on that one.

As stated by homeless above, this team is unwatchable. How this team can go from winning in Denver to spark a playoff run that included a win in Cincy to this is beyond me. It's not like we have lost any impact players since that playoff run. Remember it was Thomas Kaiser that made the game saving play in Denver and Ronnie Brown who iced the game in Cincy for hell's sake. WTF happened to this team, they have regressed in almost every area since that playoff run in year one. To fall so far so fast without the loss of impact players leads me to believe it is the coaching staff. There has been no improvement in several key young players and many, it can be argued, have actually regressed.

Time to move on...hate to admit it but there is no way any of this staff should survive this season.
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Wheels
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Well I think it's basically implied that falling on his face in his 3rd season makes him a bad NFL head coach. I too was optimistic he was the right guy. But nothing wrong with having remained optimistic through the last 2 seasons. The team did OK, not great, and you expect to see improvement as it moves into the 3rd year. The timing for such a shitty season couldn't be a worse indictment of McCoy and Telesco. I do think injuries sabotaged the season, and margins are so thin to begin with in the NFL, that it just sunk this team.

As far as McCoy's employment goes, they were saying on the radio that according to an insider, McCoy will probably survive and be head coach next season. I'm guessing this is entirely because of the status of the team moving, as it relates to being a lame duck. I imagine once they decide to move, they would plan for a complete overhaul and attempt to time a rebuild with moving to a new location.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                          As far as McCoy's employment goes, they were saying on the radio that according to an insider, McCoy will probably survive and be head coach next season. I'm guessing this is entirely because of the status of the team moving, as it relates to being a lame duck. I imagine once they decide to move, they would plan for a complete overhaul and attempt to time a rebuild with moving to a new location.
                          Yup. No reason to try and hire a new guy while things are so up in the air. McCoy's here, he's under contract, and unless decides to jump ship on his own, he's got himself a job for next year, at least. In fact - as ridiculous as this might sound - I could see most of the coaching staff (those who still have time left on their contracts) retained, as well. For the same reason. Only the most desperate of unemployed coaches would consider working for this organization, so why would Spanos risk losing the only thing that matters to him - money - by firing guys who still have contracts and double-pay for their replacements?
                          Last edited by QSmokey; 12-10-2015, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X