Clear All
  • AFboltfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2018
    • Balboa Park bench
    • Medical Simulation
    • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

I'll remember you said that then the Lambs are in a shambles in a few years because of all the draft picks they frittered away to get aging stars like Matthew Stafford and Von Miller.

Just give it a year or two, and you will see how right I am.
    If they win a Superbowl isn't it worth it? Isn't that the whole point of playing the game? This league is not about who gets the most draft picks, its about winning championships however you can get it done. TT can't draft outside of round 3 to save his life, our abysmal special teams is proof of that...

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

If they win a Superbowl isn't it worth it? Isn't that the whole point of playing the game? This league is not about who gets the most draft picks, its about winning championships however you can get it done. TT can't draft outside of round 3 to save his life, our abysmal special teams is proof of that...
      Yes, that is the point. We keep all our draft picks but haven’t been able to build a team with that strategy to save our lives. Mired in mediocrity.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post
        Keeping it 100% honest and my personal subjective experience/observations while living here - the Rams are closer to being LA's team vs the Chargers.

No copium talk. It is what it is.

If you give a Los Angeles native their choice to pick between only both franchises I'm confident they'll pick the Rams.

The culture, the music, the Los Angeles native celebrities who show up to their games, etc. It really seems to fit with LA more and people recognize that.
        I went to bars to watch Charger games in Los Angeles during the McCoy / early Lynn (post move) era......never encountered a fellow Charger fan.
        Encountered many an opponents fans.

The interest was almost zero before they moved and they've given no one reason to jump on board.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Here's the elephant in the room: Congrats Eric Weddle for making it to the SUPER BOWL when you were with the Chargers making plays this is all I ever wanted for you. It is such a shame things didn't finish like they should have. Between you and me if you asked me right now if I would rather have Eric Weddle and Nick Scott as opposed to what we had this season as our starting SS and FS Id go with.... well you get the idea. Our D and star players really need to get it together next season. Enough said.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
            Here's the elephant in the room: Congrats Eric Weddle for making it to the SUPER BOWL when you were with the Chargers making plays this is all I ever wanted for you. It is such a shame things didn't finish like they should have. Between you and me if you asked me right now if I would rather have Eric Weddle and Nick Scott as opposed to what we had this season as our starting SS and FS Id go with.... well you get the idea. Our D and star players really need to get it together next season. Enough said.
            More appropriate for a Telesco thread, as Weddle had nothing to do with the "Los Angeles" Chargers. Don't go off topic.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
              Weddle made a huge play in the 4rth Q, when the San Fran offense had a head of steam with 2nd & 1 on the Ram 40 yard line.

I think mentioning Weddle here is on topic, because Weddle is just another Charger face of the franchise that got the cold shoulder treatment from Spanos (& pissed on by others) on his way out....and now he is briefly shining with the Rams.

Weddle is just another indication of how soulless and lacking in any semblance of tradition this franchise is under the Spanos.
              Rivers for a decade, and now the fortuitous circumstance of having a Herbert available at pick #6 is the only thing saving this franchise from being the bottom dregs in the league for quite some time.

Does anyone think Weddle couldn't have helped this team against Houston? It would be beyond the capacity of the Charger organization to even contemplate such a thing; & then there is Dean Spanos who would strangle any such idea at its inception because Weddle is another one of those traitors to the Spanos family.

The Chargers are the Spanos.......they belong to no community.
              The team has no identity or tradition, nor any inclination to develop one. Just a bland corporate regimentation under a group speak that placates the Spanos family bottom line.

Why should anyone in L.A. jump on board?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

The face of the franchise....hey L.A., come be a part of my world!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Weddle had nothing to do with the "Fight for LA", almost ancient history as it was over 6 years ago when he was let go. You can talk about personnel decisions elsewhere.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Weddle had nothing to do with the "Fight for LA", almost ancient history as it was over 6 years ago when he was let go. You can talk about personnel decisions elsewhere.
                    I assume you didn't read most of my last post, because i was clear in how treatment of players and former players leads to an unattractive product for the L.A. market.

The 'fight for L.A.' is about attracting fans. It is more than just winning your division, although that would help.

Weddle was just one example. Now, you can disagree with my assessment, but it was very much apropos for the thread. You can say that this organization's tendency to air out private matters with Rivers, Weddle, L.T. - preceding their departure - is immaterial towards creating an attractive product.....that winning will solve everything. I would disagree.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I read your post, pbb, and agree with your assessment of generally poor decisions with star players, but that seems to be an issue with any long term player in the league who is forced to move on. My problem is with the post before yours, at it looked like a clear hijack to Weddle.

Anyway, there probably won't be any balance to what the Chargers Manangement are doing well, and this will just be a bashing thread... I hope not.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Weren't we the ONLY NFL team in SoCal for a quarter of a century? No closer than 500 miles to the nearest team?
                        If you can't corner the market under those conditions, what chance do the these feckless imbeciles have when they're going toe to toe with the money machine that is Stan Kroenke?
                        Angelinos will NEVER be Bolt fans. Sure they'll jump on the band wagon if they win but fanatical? Don't believe so.
                        My guess is that he who shall remain nameless will sell the team when he's allowed to and disappear. Then, and only then, will we have a chance, as my guess is, the next owner will move the team to their OWN home( maybe a new venue in LA or most likely somewhere else).

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

There is definitely a growing Chargers fan base in LA........I have seen and talked with people who live in LA that agree that Bolts jerseys are popping up much more often than they used to. Usually, that jersey is 10, and he is going to win over a ton of people into being fans. I took a trip up to Santa Barbara area and Santa Clarita and I was wearing bolts and lots of people bringing up the team with me and saw Jerseys and stuff. Even haters on SD sports radio admit that they still see bolts all over SD as well.

The experience at SoFi this year was so much better than Carson, I felt we had more fans and I went to a Bengals game in our LA playoff year where there were not too much Bengals fans and this year I went to the Raiders and Browns game and we were loud for both games actually giving a bit of HFA even though other teams fans were loud too. I think it makes for a good time when both sides are loud and in to it.
                          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                          X