X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Classic View Post
    Burrow is the better QB right now but thats because he is 25 and our guy is 23. If we can match him with a Elite HC will be looking great. Its too bad Herbert has 2 bad HC in his first 2 seasons.

Right I feel like we've wasted the best first 2 seasons by QB since Marino and Mahomes with the seasons Herbert has had we should be in SBs and playoff games not at home wondering what team will do at RT next season. The Chargers should feel a sense of urgency unlike ever before partial becausr of how fast the Bengals have rebuild but mostly because of how special Herbert has been.
    Burrow is not the better QB right now. That is complete and utter BS. Herbert is significantly better than Burrow.

Everyone is talking the Bengals and Burrow up because they are in the Super Bowl. The Bengals have won in spite of Burrow and because their opponents have choked in the playoffs, especially the Titans and Chiefs. If BAL had been healthy this year, the Bengals would not have even been a playoff team.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      This will sound petty but I am rooting HARD for the Rams.

I can't deal with another 2004 QB draft class redux.
      The Rams will have to suck mightily to lose the game.

I think Stafford is a choker in general, but he is going to have to become Tannehill level bad for them to lose (which Mahomes basically was in the second half and OT last weekend).

Also, I think the dynamic is different with Herbert. Everyone can see that he is way more athletically gifted than Burrow, which is something that could never be said about Rivers versus Eli Manning even though Eli Manning was never all that athletic.

It's like saying that Burrow is better than Josh Allen. Are there any people on this planet that actually believe that? And Herbert is a better passer than Allen.

Is Burrow even a top 10 QB? With Brady and Roethlisberger retiring, that leaves Herbert, Allen, Mahomes, Watson, R. Wilson, Jackson, and Rodgers as clearly better QBs than Burrow. In addition, Prescott, Cousins, Murray and Stafford are all also very arguably better than Burrow.

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

The Bungles just beat the #1 then 2 seeds in the AFC….if anyone thinks they dont have the ability to beat the Rams is not looking at the evidence. Beating KC takes a lot folks…doing it twice in a matter of weeks tells me the Bengles are not the Bungles. They can compete with anyone. Are the a dominant team….nope…but counting them out is not smart. The Rams look great on paper but ive seen this story before…David vs Goliath over and over.

Burrow just has a better defense and Chase is the real deal too….without him the probably dont sniff the playoffs. Chase>Burrow. Herbie pretty much takes down Burrow in just about every category….thatvssid for a second year player Burrow is well above average and hasnt cost games. Herbie is just missing a decent defense.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

I can’t read 3 full pages of this silliness.

The Chargers DO NOT have the better roster. They arguably have a very slightly better offense, although the meager 1 pt per game delta could well just be that Cindy didnt NEED to score at the end of as many games as LAC did.

Chargers have a much worse defensive roster. Much much worse. Period.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            I can’t read 3 full pages of this silliness.

The Chargers DO NOT have the better roster. They arguably have a very slightly better offense, although the meager 1 pt per game delta could well just be that Cindy didnt NEED to score at the end of as many games as LAC did.

Chargers have a much worse defensive roster. Much much worse. Period.
            Pretty much this.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post
              As a new member here, honest question... what's all the fuss with this Herbert vs Burrow thing? Burrow isn't even in our division. Is it just because they're from the same draft class? Herbert is far and beyond the better QB. Don't get me wrong, Burrow is great and will most likely be elite, but I don't see why any Charger fan would care when we have Justin Herbert. I think instead of comparing these 2 quarterbacks you should be comparing their respective defenses. I guess I just don't get the "rivalry" here.
              A. They're in the same Draft Class so comparisons will always be made.

B. Burrow is going to the Superbowl and We're Bored as shit around here during our off season!

:hello:
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

The Chargers always seem to have a lot of guys with a lot of physical ability. People gush at how great guys like Murray and Tillery look in shorts and shoulder pads. They have a ton of potential. And then, by the end of the season, everyone realizes:
                1) how much-unfofilled potential these guys have.

and

2). How inconsistent and raw all the young players are

And then, rinse, repeat and we go through the same thing next season.

Comment

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                  The Bungles just beat the #1 then 2 seeds in the AFC….if anyone thinks they dont have the ability to beat the Rams is not looking at the evidence. Beating KC takes a lot folks…doing it twice in a matter of weeks tells me the Bengles are not the Bungles. They can compete with anyone. Are the a dominant team….nope…but counting them out is not smart. The Rams look great on paper but ive seen this story before…David vs Goliath over and over.

Burrow just has a better defense and Chase is the real deal too….without him the probably dont sniff the playoffs. Chase>Burrow. Herbie pretty much takes down Burrow in just about every category….thatvssid for a second year player Burrow is well above average and hasnt cost games. Herbie is just missing a decent defense.
                  I would say it is much more like the #1 and #2 seeds lost to the Bengals, dumping games they should have easily won. There is a difference between those teams crapping the bed and CIN actually beating them through their own good play.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

What if LAC/LV tie at week 18 ?
                    The Chargers go to CIN and beat them.
                    I have always dreamed of LAR/LAC Superbowl !

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      The Chargers always seem to have a lot of guys with a lot of physical ability. People gush at how great guys like Murray and Tillery look in shorts and shoulder pads. They have a ton of potential. And then, by the end of the season, everyone realizes:
                      1) how much-unfofilled potential these guys have.

and

2). How inconsistent and raw all the young players are

And then, rinse, repeat and we go through the same thing next season.
                      TT

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

TT
                        I don't think TT is necessarily the problem. The whole problem anyway.

To me, the coaches need to force the players to really work at their craft. And part of that is the GM and ownership need to be aware that bringing in new players the best guy still gets to pay.

The Chargers are only going to develop into a great team when we pay a Free agent RT, pay him $15 million a year to come in and then be willing to sit his ass on the bench or move him to OG for the the whole season if Norton or Pipkins outplays him. Till then, the whole team is just going through the motion, hoping to fix things, rather than, you know ... actually trying to make the team better.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

I guess I can understand the looking at past classes to an extent and I suppose that is a little more important around here because of the Rivers QB draft class and what ultimately happened with that, but to me, this isn't the same. I know it's easy to be jaded from that, but this kid is on another planet compared to Rivers.
                          On another planet compared to Rivers? I'm excited about Herbert. i believe he's on his way to being the greatest quarterback in Chargers history. But Rivers had four or five seasons that were better than Herbert's first two so far. And Rivers had a handful of other seasons that were just as good as what Herbert has done. This was with Norv Turner, Mike McCoy, and Anthony Lynn as Rivers' head coaches after Marty was fired.

As far as the comparison to Burrow goes, I don't think you're giving Burrow enough credit. Herbert is definitely more gifted with arm strength and mobility. but Burrow puts better touch on his short passes. That's why our pass-catchers dropped so many this season. Herbert needs to do a better job of not throwing the ball a thousand miles an hour when the receiver is five yards away. They also have different styles of leadership at the position. So far I think Burrow's style has been slightly more effective. Right now I would say they're pretty even.

Comment

Working...
                          X