• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

I wouldn't take a 1st round pick plus Burrow in a trade for Herbert. We went 9-8 because of Herbert and if we didn't have Herbert we would have had a 4-13 record. Our defense sucked that bad!

:beer:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Burrow is the better QB right now but thats because he is 25 and our guy is 23. If we can match him with a Elite HC will be looking great. Its too bad Herbert has 2 bad HC in his first 2 seasons.

Right I feel like we've wasted the best first 2 seasons by QB since Marino and Mahomes with the seasons Herbert has had we should be in SBs and playoff games not at home wondering what team will do at RT next season. The Chargers should feel a sense of urgency unlike ever before partial becausr of how fast the Bengals have rebuild but mostly because of how special Herbert has been.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
        Burrow is the better QB right now but thats because he is 25 and our guy is 23. If we can match him with a Elite HC will be looking great. Its too bad Herbert has 2 bad HC in his first 2 seasons.

Right I feel like we've wasted the best first 2 seasons by QB since Marino and Mahomes with the seasons Herbert has had we should be in SBs and playoff games not at home wondering what team will do at RT next season. The Chargers should feel a sense of urgency unlike ever before partial becausr of how fast the Bengals have rebuild but mostly because of how special Herbert has been.
        Exactly!If TT and his masters the Spanus clan cant get us to the bowl with Herbert they LITERALLY never will as long as they own our team.Let that shit sink in guys.That is a fact.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

This will sound petty but I am rooting HARD for the Rams.

I can't deal with another 2004 QB draft class redux.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• AL9000
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2022
            • San Diego, CA
            • Send PM

As a new member here, honest question... what's all the fuss with this Herbert vs Burrow thing? Burrow isn't even in our division. Is it just because they're from the same draft class? Herbert is far and beyond the better QB. Don't get me wrong, Burrow is great and will most likely be elite, but I don't see why any Charger fan would care when we have Justin Herbert. I think instead of comparing these 2 quarterbacks you should be comparing their respective defenses. I guess I just don't get the "rivalry" here.

Comment

• AL9000
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2022
              • San Diego, CA
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

You're kidding yourself it you don't believe Herbert is going to bring the Chargers multiple Super Bowl titles in his career. This kid is already special and is literally only 23 years old. Fix our defense and we're golden for a very, very long time. Enjoy this while it's happening rather than focusing on what other teams may or may not have in the process. I don't think some of you guys realize how lucky we are to have #10. This is nothing even close to the Rivers situation. I think too many of you are jaded from that.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

If it helps, it's still really early for both QBs
                Burrow winning a SB will only push Herbert, I fully believe that.
                Herbert is driven and competitive
                Burrow winning one early isn't the end of the world
                I know I sound overly optimistic but I seriously believe we're going to win multiple superbowls with Herbert.
                unless he has a stupid brother and girlfriend who are addicted to social media and dedicated to making life difficult for him.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• AL9000
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2022
                  • San Diego, CA
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

If it helps, it's still really early for both QBs
                  Burrow winning a SB will only push Herbert, I fully believe that.
                  Herbert is driven and competitive
                  Burrow winning one early isn't the end of the world
                  I know I sound overly optimistic but I seriously believe we're going to win multiple superbowls with Herbert.
                  unless he has a stupid brother and girlfriend who are addicted to social media and dedicated to making life difficult for him.
                  What we should all be focusing on is the fact that Mahomes isn't playing in his 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years. IMO, that's the only other QB we should hate. I personally think it's hilarious Burrow took down Mahomes and the Chiefs. Also great to see a team like the Bengals finally get back to relevance. This new era is going to be like the 80's/90's superstar quarterback league and we have one of our own to watch for the next decade plus. Buckle up fellas!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post
                    As a new member here, honest question... what's all the fuss with this Herbert vs Burrow thing? Burrow isn't even in our division. Is it just because they're from the same draft class? Herbert is far and beyond the better QB. Don't get me wrong, Burrow is great and will most likely be elite, but I don't see why any Charger fan would care when we have Justin Herbert. I think instead of comparing these 2 quarterbacks you should be comparing their respective defenses. I guess I just don't get the "rivalry" here.
                    You are correct, Herbert has the higher ceiling, just not as 'polished' because of all the different schemes he had to go through. The OP's post was essentially ignored, though, there might be a difference with how Herbert and Burrow played against teams in the playoffs, but who knows.

I think Burrow and Herbert will be linked to each other (along with Tua) but QBs don't play each other. Long time charger fans look at past classes, like the 1983 class, Manning/Leaf, and the 2004 Eli/Ben/PR classes I guess to self-flagellate on what could have been with a different draft choice.

Comment

• AL9000
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2022
                      • San Diego, CA
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

You are correct, Herbert has the higher ceiling, just not as 'polished' because of all the different schemes he had to go through. The OP's post was essentially ignored, though, there might be a difference with how Herbert and Burrow played against teams in the playoffs, but who knows.

I think Burrow and Herbert will be linked to each other (along with Tua) but QBs don't play each other. Long time charger fans look at past classes, like the 1983 class, Manning/Leaf, and the 2004 Eli/Ben/PR classes I guess to self-flagellate on what could have been with a different draft choice.
                      My bad, I didn't even read the first post on here. Just went back to read it and realized I made the same point about the defenses of each team lol! IF we're comparing just the QB though, everyone who isn't biased takes Herbert 10/10 times (pun intended). I guess I can understand the looking at past classes to an extent and I suppose that is a little more important around here because of the Rivers QB draft class and what ultimately happened with that, but to me, this isn't the same. I know it's easy to be jaded from that, but this kid is on another planet compared to Rivers. I'd say the Herbert/Burrow thing is more like Elway/Marino/Kelly. Honestly, I'd put Jalen Hurts in there. When all is said and done, I think he will end up being part of the top 3 in that class rather than Tua.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                        Lets face it. The Pro Bowl is a joke. There are players who don't deserve to be there, but get placed there because they have to take the place of a guy who has to pull out. So it skews the idea on who is worthy.
                        Justin Herbert
                        Rashawn Slater
                        Keenan Allen
                        Corey Linsley
                        Derwin James
                        Joey Bosa

Which if these players don't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl? I keep seeing people here post that the Pro Bowl is a joke, that players are chosen that don't deserve it, but when I ask who among the Chargers' Pro Bowlers aren't worthy of being Pro Bowlers, I get silence. I contend that the Chargers have a very talented roster (more talented than the Bengals) that under-performed under rookie HC Brandon Staley because Staley was in over his head. I offer as proof of the Chargers' roster talent that the Chargers put six players in the Pro Bowl, tied for 2nd for the most, compared to three for the Bengals. If you believe that putting players in the Pro Bowl is not indicative of a talented roster, please tell us which of these six players is undeserving of their Pro Bowl selection and why. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Chargers are 30th in run stopping, the only two teams worse are the Texans and Steelers. They are last in the league on third down defense. You think that is a better roster personnel wise? Those things stated are the case for a reason. The Bengals have a better defense. On offense, the teams are equal. The Bengals have the better receivers, but the Chargers have the better OL. The two teams are equal when it comes to the run game.

Lets face it. The Pro Bowl is a joke. There are players who don't deserve to be there, but get placed there because they have to take the place of a guy who has to pull out. So it skews the idea on who is worthy.

No, the Bengals do not have a better coach. Zac Taylor is lucky he has things going well for him to cover up the bad things he does as a coach. Staley is doing more with a roster that is not that good in his first season, than Taylor has done in his first season in Cincinnati. When Taylor only had two wins with the Bengals in 2019, the Chargers were 5-11. The Chargers talent level has been overrated for 3 years. 2021 was the year when people got humbled about it. Staley has to clean up the mess that Lynn and his coaching staff left behind.
                          I agree that the Bengals have a better defense, but disagree with the take that the offenses were equal in terms of talent. Our offense is more talented. Herbert is better than Burrow. Our OL is better. Ekeler is better than Mixon. The WRs are close (maybe a slight edge to the Bengals). Our TE group is better.

Pro Bowl voting can be a joke, but our six Pro Bowl players (Herbert, Linsley, Slater, Bosa, James, Allen) were all very deserving.

The Bengals are not even a playoff team if BAL was healthy this season and we beat them pretty easily.

Comment

Working...
                          X