That's a win. No matter how you slice it.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
    Butler should have been benched years ago after that stupid look-at-me celebration while the Lions were busy eliminating us from the playoffs. Butler isn't a team player. It didn't surprise me his play took a shit as soon as he got his big payday.
    Aside from a great number of Eli Manning plays, that may have been the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a professional football field.
    I still can't believe Pagano, or McCoy for that matter, hasn't put the clamp down on these idiots who consistently separate themselves from their teammates after a big play. Running 10 yards upfield so everyone can see you is pathetic. Go back into the huddle and celebrate with your teammates, you know, the guys that made your play possible.

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
      Perryman and Te'o [he was all over the place] had great games! Butler is slow. We tackled much better than the previous 3 three games!

OL passed block well & gave up 2 sacks (one was gifted on a broken play).

Special teams = not so special, but what else is new?
      Te'o had a great game? I thought Duke Johnson made Te'o his bitch. He was behind the play all game long.
      sigpic

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Te'o missed some tackles but I thought he had a pretty good game overall.

It's time to bench Butler for good and run with Te'o and Perryman.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

That's the one thing I've always admired about the Steelers linebackers - tackling. They don't miss.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• RollingThunder
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
            Te'o missed some tackles but I thought he had a pretty good game overall.

It's time to bench Butler for good and run with Te'o and Perryman.
            Agreed, at least he was visible yesterday and very active. Much better from him and maybe something he can build on.

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

The good news is we stuck it out and won a game against an evenly-matched team.

The bad news is the Browns are an evenly-matched team.

Comment

• Classic
                Hall Of Fame
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Yeah evenly matched against a injury riddled team. I know the Browns are injured too but none of their guys outside of Haden would have made an impact.

Once our original OLINE comes back and gels. Our Run game and Rivers should improve greatly.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Every year, I get excited about the additions they bring on to the defense. And then every year, the defense still sucks.

This team isn't going anywhere with this defense. Lit up by Josh McCown...

Comment

• Wheels
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                    But the defense has no excuses. Relatively healthy and they still can't stop shit.
                    3/4 of the starters in the secondary out of the lineup = relatively healthy?

Comment

• Wheels
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                      Inman should be the starter gong forward
                      Agreed. I like Floyd, but think Inman should be among the top 3 wideouts. I'd like to see Green and Gates on the field at the same time some as well. This time I'd like for them to actually put Gates and Green on field at same time, instead of just talking about doing it.

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                        Great shot. Adding Perryman and Mager to the defense will give it some physicality it sorely lacks right now.
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• KNSD
                          Registered Charger Hater
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                          Agreed. I like Floyd, but think Inman should be among the top 3 wideouts. I'd like to see Green and Gates on the field at the same time some as well. This time I'd like for them to actually put Gates and Green on field at same time, instead of just talking about doing it.
                          I agree with this. To me, Allen, Johnson, and Inman are all different but at the same time kind of all the same guy. Green has produced and offers up something completely different that is difficult to defend. And he's completely different than Gates as well.

What I don't want to see is the "3-1-1" or "11" package out there all the time. Mix it up and see how defense adjusts. Then get matchups that make sense and exploit the hell out of them.
                          Prediction:
                          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
                          X