• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I'll pass on adding a 31 year old RB. We need young fast talented players not over the hill role players.
    Patterson is a guy who can be KR, RB2, and a WR. He only started playing RB last year.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
      Well I guess the true number is somewhere likely in between... This tweet is a few hours newer though.

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/st...m0x6lEz7p0r1Uw

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I'm not so much worried about his age. He hasn't really ever been a full time back so he hasn't taken a lot of hits, but to me, he's pretty much the same as Ek. I'd rather have an up the gut back.
        People are intrigued because he can replace Roberts on ST due to being younger, and can also be used in a variety of different ways on offense like RB2.

Comment

• AFboltfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2018
          • Balboa Park bench
          • Medical Simulation
          • Send PM

I'd take Patterson on a 1 year deal and draft a RB with the 3rd... We have the cap space, and just need a compliment for Ekeler not a replacement.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Patterson is a guy who can be KR, RB2, and a WR. He only started playing RB last year.
            He has played RB more than last year.

The Raiders used him at RB a very little bit, mostly on swing routes, but even most of his carries were on jet sweeps and most of his catches on bubble screens.

NE used him at RB. It started like the Raiders thing as just a way to make it easier to get the ball in his hands, but because of injuries he filled in as the backup to James White when they got decimated by injuries.

The Bears continued it, but mostly viewed him as an offensive weapon, a guy you needed to manufacture touches for. Atlanta took it to the next step.

He is an OK player but a couple things you have to remember is that he adds nothing but emergency depth at WR. He has been listed as WR his entire career, but he has never learned to run pass patterns. He can't line up outside and in the slot get open on his own unless vs a CB. You have to scheme him open (screens, and crossing routes off of play action and boots). The kind of thing we keep doing to a lot of our TE.

The biggest thing is we have a better version of Patterson in Ekeler. If the idea is to add another offensive weapon kinda guy, yeah he can do it. Not as well as Ekeler, but he has the long speed that Ekeler lacks, but not the quickness and quick feet to manuver in tight spaces. And Ekeler can beat DB in coverage, he can line up everywhere and be effective. Patterson can return kicks much better than Ekeler though.

I just think we need a "real" RB type. A guy who can pound a D and wear them down some. He doesn't need great speed, but you want someone who can break a tackle or two, and can hit the line quickly. And everyone around Herbert need to be able to help him beat the blitz, so pick up blitzing LB and catch well enough to get swings and checkdowns. Then we can move Ekeler around and and not have to line Ek in the backfeild all the time. Clearly you want Ek in the backfield some, but he is such an explosive weapon in the slot and outside, you are limiting the offense to put him back there all the time.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Ya'll see offense thread, and its all skill players...I see oline issues...that is what we better not sleep on. Even if you start Feiler, Linsley, and Jaimes on the interior, who is backing them up? Just a little more for you to worry over, TPB...your welcome.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

On to the next player then.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2018
                  • Balboa Park bench
                  • Medical Simulation
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  Ya'll see offense thread, and its all skill players...I see oline issues...that is what we better not sleep on. Even if you start Feiler, Linsley, and Jaimes on the interior, who is backing them up? Just a little more for you to worry over, TPB...your welcome.
                  That's what the 1st round of the draft is for, I'm not "worried" about the oline... I'm concerned about the serious lack of depth behind our RB1.

Patterson going back to ATL, so he's a moot point...

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                  Last edited by AFboltfan; 03-19-2022, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Sucks about Patterson, lack of a real playmaker when Ekeler sits has really hurt us.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2018
                      • Balboa Park bench
                      • Medical Simulation
                      • Send PM

Justin Jackson isn't horrible, he's just made of glass... I'm thinking Ronald Jones III or Rashaad Penny at this point.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
                        Justin Jackson isn't horrible, he's just made of glass... I'm thinking Ronald Jones III or Rashaad Penny at this point.
                        I don't really like him, but Fournette seems to be the perfect compliment to Ek as far as tough short yard running.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2018
                          • Balboa Park bench
                          • Medical Simulation
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I don't really like him, but Fournette seems to be the perfect compliment to Ek as far as tough short yard running.
                          Fournette would be amazing but I honestly don't think the Bucs will let him go with Brady coming back... I'm all about outbidding them though!

Comment

Working...
                          X