Why? Let’s do better.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Take a back like Hassan Haskins in the 5th and RB will be fine. Lots of depth at WR in this draft, I’m sure TT will grab at least one. OL depth, and who is starting on the right side, is the most pressing concern of the offense though.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

He has played RB more than last year.

The Raiders used him at RB a very little bit, mostly on swing routes, but even most of his carries were on jet sweeps and most of his catches on bubble screens.

NE used him at RB. It started like the Raiders thing as just a way to make it easier to get the ball in his hands, but because of injuries he filled in as the backup to James White when they got decimated by injuries.

The Bears continued it, but mostly viewed him as an offensive weapon, a guy you needed to manufacture touches for. Atlanta took it to the next step.

He is an OK player but a couple things you have to remember is that he adds nothing but emergency depth at WR. He has been listed as WR his entire career, but he has never learned to run pass patterns. He can't line up outside and in the slot get open on his own unless vs a CB. You have to scheme him open (screens, and crossing routes off of play action and boots). The kind of thing we keep doing to a lot of our TE.

The biggest thing is we have a better version of Patterson in Ekeler. If the idea is to add another offensive weapon kinda guy, yeah he can do it. Not as well as Ekeler, but he has the long speed that Ekeler lacks, but not the quickness and quick feet to manuver in tight spaces. And Ekeler can beat DB in coverage, he can line up everywhere and be effective. Patterson can return kicks much better than Ekeler though.

I just think we need a "real" RB type. A guy who can pound a D and wear them down some. He doesn't need great speed, but you want someone who can break a tackle or two, and can hit the line quickly. And everyone around Herbert need to be able to help him beat the blitz, so pick up blitzing LB and catch well enough to get swings and checkdowns. Then we can move Ekeler around and and not have to line Ek in the backfeild all the time. Clearly you want Ek in the backfield some, but he is such an explosive weapon in the slot and outside, you are limiting the offense to put him back there all the time.
          CoughFournetteCough
          excuse me.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• AFboltfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2018
            • Balboa Park bench
            • Medical Simulation
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
            Take a back like Hassan Haskins in the 5th and RB will be fine. Lots of depth at WR in this draft, I’m sure TT will grab at least one. OL depth, and who is starting on the right side, is the most pressing concern of the offense though.
            :what:

Why Haskins in the 5th? Who do you want in the 3rd or 4th? We got Rountree in the 6th and he's terrible... We need a RB2 sooooo much more than a WR5!

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

:what:

Why Haskins in the 5th? Who do you want in the 3rd or 4th? We got Rountree in the 6th and he's terrible... We need a RB2 sooooo much more than a WR5!
              At this point RT, EDGE, RG and DB are all bigger needs than a RB2 for me. Ekeler scored 20 TDs last year, and is a better receiving threat than any RB we are going to draft. We need a RB2 who can play… 15 snaps a game? And you want to spend a 3rd on that? Rountree in the 6th doesn’t mean all 6th rounders will be underwhelming, or should we stay away from 3rd round RB because of Kelley? Haskins has limited mileage, was very productive in his lone season as a starter, and is a big bruising back that will match well with Ekeler.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

CoughFournetteCough
                excuse me.
                Nope. Say it louder. Not a bad idea if we are going to throw money at FA.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I keep saying it but Marlon Mack will come cheap with RB 1B written all over him. He’s been a 1000 yard back with a proven track record of success. He got hurt but was a healthy scratch all of last season and was holding of Taylor before he got injured. He would cost about 2 mill a year really cheap and a guy who is still young and a vet, no baby steps for him, just win now and prove it.

I’m also scared to death of our RT and swing T positions. I don’t trust Norton or Pipkins, especially Norton, he can’t handle NFL pass rushers and will get Herbert Killed out there. Please for the love of everything holy spend some money protecting the franchise.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2018
                    • Balboa Park bench
                    • Medical Simulation
                    • Send PM

At this point RT, EDGE, RG and DB are all bigger needs than a RB2 for me. Ekeler scored 20 TDs last year, and is a better receiving threat than any RB we are going to draft. We need a RB2 who can play… 15 snaps a game? And you want to spend a 3rd on that? Rountree in the 6th doesn’t mean all 6th rounders will be underwhelming, or should we stay away from 3rd round RB because of Kelley? Haskins has limited mileage, was very productive in his lone season as a starter, and is a big bruising back that will match well with Ekeler.
                    You think Ekeler can continue keeping up that pace throughout the season AND playoffs? I want what your smoking... Don't get me wrong, I'd take Haskins over Kelley and Rountree all day... But we've played the mediocre late round RB game already, I want a higher rated prospect that actually has a chance to contribute.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

You think Ekeler can continue keeping up that pace throughout the season AND playoffs? I want what your smoking... Don't get me wrong, I'd take Haskins over Kelley and Rountree all day... But we've played the mediocre late round RB game already, I want a higher rated prospect that actually has a chance to contribute.
                      The Rams just won the SB with their primary running back going for 21 yards on the ground. 172 yards on 67 carries (2.6 ypc) for the whole postseason. Ekeler by himself can produce better numbers than that. Having a potent running attack would certainly be nice but this team is going as far as Herbert and the defense takes it, I just don’t see a RB2 as having significant value to the overall success of the team.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Balboa Park bench
                        • Medical Simulation
                        • Send PM

The Rams just won the SB with their primary running back going for 21 yards on the ground. 172 yards on 67 carries (2.6 ypc) for the whole postseason. Ekeler by himself can produce better numbers than that. Having a potent running attack would certainly be nice but this team is going as far as Herbert and the defense takes it, I just don’t see a RB2 as having significant value to the overall success of the team.
                        Hah! Ok, you just keep thinking that... The Rams won the Divisional, NFCCG, and Superbowl by a field goal. The AFC this season will be harder than anything the Rams faced.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

Hah! Ok, you just keep thinking that... The Rams won the Divisional, NFCCG, and Superbowl by a field goal. The AFC this season will be harder than anything the Rams faced.
                          And the Bengals in that AFC you are talking about won 2 games by a field goal, and then lost the SB by a field goal. What does that have to do with ground game production, particularly from your second back? Care to guess how many yards the Bengals RB2 totaled on the ground in the entire playoffs? I’ll give you a hint, Chase outrushed them for the entire playoffs by 30 yards and he totaled 32 yards rushing in the postseason. If you think the may to beat Mahomes, Wilson, Allen, and Watson is through our RB2 then please don’t share what you’re smoking because I don’t think I could handle that high.

Comment

Working...
                          X