• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Depends on the safety.
      No way we draft a Safety early. I have a strong feeling we're trading out of #17.

After those FA signings, you now must protect and weaponize the FRANCHISE. Justin Herbert.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

We’ve been wanting a safety hybrid LB for a long time, White was a converted safety, he was supposed to then be excellent in coverage. Nope. Maybe a LB with safety qualities works better? Someone you don’t have to sub out, or can still cover when the opposing O goes into hurry up?
        man, eye just want a real MLB....

Noah Sewell Making A Name For Himself For Oregon Ducks | The Draft Network

Encore: Year Two of Oregon Freshman Phenom Noah Sewell - Sports Illustrated Oregon Ducks News, Analysis and More
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Could also get a safety that can play high and let Derwin play the hybrid role. He’s already calling the D so putting him more in the middle fits, it gets him more involved as a pass rusher, it would also make the defense a bit harder to read, and Derwin is a sure tackler. Staley said he wants Derwin to be the QB of the defense, letting him be in the middle of the D with the green dot would allow a lot more pre-play flexibility. I think getting an impact S in the draft is one of the best ways to help our D this year, I’d take a S before an IDL for sure at this point.
          do you think Josh Jobe could be that guy ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

We’re drafting a safety, book it.
            still like Dane Belton back there....

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

You see the simple point I'm making. Let's let this lie. Staley places a premium on EDGE + DBs.
              so you got JJ2 'n Cine.... how you gonna go about getting a premium player or coupla few for BS ??

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

do you think Josh Jobe could be that guy ??
                From Bama? He’s a boundary CB in my eyes. Some mid-to-late round guys who I do like at S are McKinley from Oregon, Kerby from Illinois, Nick Cross from Maryland and JT Woods from Baylor.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

so you got JJ2 'n Cine.... how you gonna go about getting a premium player or coupla few for BS ??
                  I lean toward the philosophy of Woodie when he stated that the Chargers will go EDGE or DB in the draft.

My 1st choice is always to stay put and see who falls to #17. If it is Stingley, that will be the pick and I'll be very happy. Concerning the sim I ran with Cine, all DBs, EDGEs and OT were gone, and there was not a run on QBs. Taking a nickel or dime DB overall is in no way, practical nor is it prudent.

What I AM sure of is, The Chargers need a run on QBs 13 days from now.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Five Rounds.png

I did this sim in January 18th, pre-free agency, prior to major rebuilding IDL. The Ridgeway pick I would replace with RB Rachaad White.

Comment

• Hard Charger
                      Chargers fan since 1977!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I really would love to have Araiza on our roster!

HC

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard Charger View Post
                        I really would love to have Araiza on our roster!

HC
                        Yeah but I think he is being over drafted in here. Id be a little pissed if we drafted a P at 88.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah but I think he is being over drafted in here. Id be a little pissed if we drafted a P at 88.
                          Given how much a punter can impact a game, are you sure about that? My feeling is that kickers and punters are not valued enough during a draft, given the impact they can have on a game. Remember what Mike Scifres did for the Chargers, literally winning a playoff game. Take a look at the quality of players one usually gets in the 3rd round - guys like Trey Pipkins, Justin Jones, Dan Feeney, Max Tuerk, Craig Mager and Chris Watt. Go back and look at players drafted in the 3rd round by any team in the NFL. Rarely does a player drafted in the 3rd round have the impact that a great, gifted punter can have.

Comment

Working...
                          X