• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    The right side of the OL freaks me the hell out right now. And i will never trust Storm or Pipkins. Id prefer a better back up RB to spell Ekeler. The d was badly in need of the players they signed. Im pretty close to happy with the D. MLB play was atrocious last year...but ill just pray Murray can rebound. Hoping his injury was a huge reason why he was so bad...but a lot of it looked so mental to me. Just so confused. Terrible in coverage. You always hear how Staleys D devalues MLB's...but if they are at least off by a little bit and confused the entire D gets jacked. I think thats one of the reasons Reeder is here...he at least has a little grasp of the fit. He doesnt have to be a monster ILB...just play smart. I think these new DTs can really help Murray and the gang at ILB make more plays. I also wish Guyton wasnt sort of a one trick pony...id kill for a player that is a cross between him and Palmer.
    I know which way I'd go...draft #1 or #2 RB in this draft and then draft a really good OT in the top of round 2( Trade 2nd next year and our 3rd) I know the Stingley pick looks sexy but unless he's off other people draft boards and he drops below #7 I think he's to expensive.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Injuries - every damn year - have been far worse. Can win shit with your star playmakers riding pine.
      Injuries have been terrible, but I think Norv Turner, Mike McCoy, and Anthony Lynn were much worse.. A.J. Smith and, yes, Tom Telesco played a big role in it, too. There's no way we should have missed the playoffs in 11 out of the last 13 years with Philip Rivers and Justin Herbert at quarterback. That's downright disgusting.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I know which way I'd go...draft #1 or #2 RB in this draft and then draft a really good OT in the top of round 2( Trade 2nd next year and our 3rd) I know the Stingley pick looks sexy but unless he's off other people draft boards and he drops below #7 I think he's to expensive.
        Not following. Are you suggesting we draft a RB in round 1? Move up into round 2 and draft an OT?

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Not following. Are you suggesting we draft a RB in round 1? Move up into round 2 and draft an OT?
          Yes, if the #1 RB is there I would lose no sleep even taking him at #17. If they think they can move down a few spots and get some more draft picks and still get Walker I would pee myself for Joy! All those 4th and 2's would most likely have a 90% success rate with not only a much improved run game that relieves some of the pressure on Herbert. Then do some wheeling and dealing to get your second round tackle.

:hello:

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• AFboltfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2018
            • Balboa Park bench
            • Medical Simulation
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yes, if the #1 RB is there I would lose no sleep even taking him at #17. If they think they can move down a few spots and get some more draft picks and still get Walker I would pee myself for Joy! All those 4th and 2's would most likely have a 90% success rate with not only a much improved run game that relieves some of the pressure on Herbert. Then do some wheeling and dealing to get your second round tackle.

:hello:
            My board hasn't changed all that much after we upgraded the defense. Yours seems a little extreme, but we've had worse drafts. Mine is still, OT in the first with Penning and best RB available in the 3rd. If Penning is gone in the 1st @ 17 then BPA.

I do think shoring up the right side of the oline and getting a quality backup to Ekeler can push us over the top... Along with some luck from the injury fairy!

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

we've got ten picks in the draft, and thinkin' these are our corresponding needs....

OG, RB, CB, S, ED, OC, NT, TE, WR, OT

and personally not gonna draft based on need, i.e. if RB is our second most pressing need, but there is more talent @TE @79, then am drafting my TE3/4 there, and not waiting 'til later.... RB can wait.

the wild card for me is Araiza.... if he hangs around 'til late, think you've got to invest a pick in him.... if he goes as early as some of us think he will, then would be a (good) surprise to bring him in.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

We have what I consider three elite players (top five at their positions) on this team.

1. Joey Bosa
                2. Derwin James
                3. Justin Herbert

Rashawn Slater looks like he's going to be. Khalil Mack could produce to that level again while playing on the other side of Bosa. J.C. Jackson could play to that level with a dominant pass rush up front.

So, the questions I have are, who in this draft is capable of being an elite player and might fall to us at #17? And would you pass on Trevor Penning or any other right tackle prospect to select this player?

Right now I see a few mock drafts having Jermaine Johnson (whom Greg Cosell considers the best pass-rusher in this draft) or Derek Stingley being available for us to pick at #17. If either is available, or another prospect you consider to be elite is there, do you take him over Penning at #17?

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

No, but we are an improved coaching staff away from being Champs. Staley and co. HAVE to get more out of these players especially with every one lauding our free agent moves as terrific. I don't care if the Chiefs have owned the AFC the past several seasons nor do I care about Wilson joining the AFC West. We have no excuses not being apart of the final 7 playoff teams in the AFC period.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2018
                    • Balboa Park bench
                    • Medical Simulation
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                    We have what I consider three elite players (top five at their positions) on this team.

1. Joey Bosa
                    2. Derwin James
                    3. Justin Herbert

Rashawn Slater looks like he's going to be. Khalil Mack could produce to that level again while playing on the other side of Bosa. J.C. Jackson could play to that level with a dominant pass rush up front.

So, the questions I have are, who in this draft is capable of being an elite player and might fall to us at #17? And would you pass on Trevor Penning or any other right tackle prospect to select this player?

Right now I see a few mock drafts having Jermaine Johnson (whom Greg Cosell considers the best pass-rusher in this draft) or Derek Stingley being available for us to pick at #17. If either is available, or another prospect you consider to be elite is there, do you take him over Penning at #17?
                    That's a tough choice for me as I think Penning could help shore up the oline with Slater for years to come... BUT, I also trust Herbert to be able to compensate for Pipkins/Storm on the side if need be. So... Maybe.

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

I think we need two types of games that show we're for real for real.

1 game where we thoroughly put the beat down on a mediocre team and let let off the pedal. A no mercy game.

1 game where we beat a divisional leader using our defense (Herbert has an average/ or poor game). A game where Herbert can have a poor game yet the defense can power us through.

Based on that context I think perhaps another shut down CB would do wonders.

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2022
                        • Send PM

1 player, who the hell knows. 1 position, start w/ROT and burner to the house 2nd RB. Winning a SB is about culture, serious applause for ownership & FO drafting Herbert then bringing in Staley. Off-season moves seem to reinforce they understand the path to a SB. Defense, get the damn ball into the hands of Herbert!

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

This is a really good point, I was very critical of Staley in his first year. His used-car salesman approach to the team rubbed me the wrong way... IMHO we have zero excuse to make the playoffs in regards to coaching. I'm hoping Staley has a much better year and his rookie season forgotten.
                          Not sure what used car salesman approach you’re referring to.

Comment

Working...
                          X