• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hadl2Alworth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think another slot corner would be good. But I think having another edge is more important defensively especially with Bosa’s and Mack’s injury history.
    Yeah. I'm thinkin we're about six good players away from a Super Bowl (I don't know if it's possible to do all of the following with our collection of draft picks - especially without a 2nd round pick - but here's to hoping)...

1. Another Edge rusher
    2. A complement RB to Ekeler
    3. A quality Corner
    4. Either a guard or tackle (depending on if we want Fieler going to RT or a draftee)
    5. Another quality WR with speed
    6. Either another quality DT or ILB

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Brees wasn’t good with us. Or rather he wasn’t good with Marty. If Sean Payton had been HC then maybe we would have won it all that year also.
      still say that Brees was plenty good, and that he was handicapped by his receiving corps.... when he had good wideouts, he was a good QB.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Yeah. I'm thinkin we're about six good players away from a Super Bowl (I don't know if it's possible to do all of the following with our collection of draft picks - especially without a 2nd round pick - but here's to hoping)...

1. Another Edge rusher
        3. A quality Corner
        4. Either a guard or tackle (depending on if we want Fieler going to RT or a draftee)
        I think the only way we significantly upgrade our roster to a Super Bowl roster this year is to trade away future high draft picks to add to this year's draft.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

1. Another Edge rusher
          3. A quality Corner
          RT, and to a lesser extent OG, are the main needs at starters. Everything else you mentioned is depth. Some of which could even be addressed post draft FA.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
            Are we one player away from either going to the Superbowl or a deep playoff run? I say yes, but at what position is debatable, hence the reason for the post. If you agree with me, can we find that person in the first round of the draft? If you think we are still several players away, why?
            Then the answer is no,...which imo is correct.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

If we weren't such a hot mess on the defensive side of the ball we would have gone to the superbowl last year. Looks like we've fixed most of the defense so it's up to the rookies to take us over the top.
              ( my secret sauce player ....Kenny Walker or Breece Hall)
              :hello:
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

1. Another Edge rusher
                3. A quality Corner
                Well, that's depressing. No way we fill more than two of those - at most - in the draft. We also might be able to find a "competent" RB in FA. But that still leaves three holes in your Super Bowl roster, so my day is officially ruined.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                  If we weren't such a hot mess on the defensive side of the ball we would have gone to the superbowl last year. Looks like we've fixed most of the defense so it's up to the rookies to take us over the top.
                  ( my secret sauce player ....Kenny Walker or Breece Hall)
                  :hello:
                  LOL! You're beating that drum to death, gzu. And I think you're going to be one very disappointed poster come April 28th. That, or you'll be one of the only posters who are happy about burning #17 on a RB.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

LOL! You're beating that drum to death, gzu. And I think you're going to be one very disappointed poster come April 28th. That, or you'll be one of the only posters who are happy about burning #17 on a RB.
                    Someone has to take an interesting position on this years draft. We don't need to take Breece at #17 but walker could be gone if we don't take him there. If we trade down a couple of spots we might have a chance at either one. I consider Walker better than the last two first rounder backs we've taken (Gordon and Mathews).
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

RT, and to a lesser extent OG, are the main needs at starters. Everything else you mentioned is depth. Some of which could even be addressed post draft FA.
                      I keep forgetting Aboushi is unsigned and coming off knee surgery. So we need both OL spots as you mentioned. I think the rest of my list is about depth except for Corner. That next Corner we acquire needs to be better than Samuel or Davis. Somehow we need to add another stud at Corner. Maybe Samuel or Davis improves enough so it's not such a need.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I keep forgetting Aboushi is unsigned and coming off knee surgery. So we need both OL spots as you mentioned. I think the rest of my list is about depth except for Corner. That next Corner we acquire needs to be better than Samuel or Davis. Somehow we need to add another stud at Corner. Maybe Samuel or Davis improves enough so it's not such a need.
                        I think having Jackson as CB1 and Mack as the additional edge will help the other two greatly. Samuel’s main issues were his concussions IMO, while Davis is a better CB2.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Sometimes the best kind if depth is where a decent starter becomes depth when we obtain a superior player. OL are not the only positions where we could draft an impact starter. It's a judgement call.

Comment

Working...
                          X