• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
    We have had enough talent to win three or four Super Bowls since 2005. The biggest problem (besides ownership), since Marty's firing, has been the coaching. We'll see how Staley does with this current roster.
    I think 2006, 2007, and 2009 were the only SB type teams. Maybe 2018 if we didn’t lose Perryman and Liuget.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Probably a good to very good RT away.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think 2006, 2007, and 2009 were the only SB type teams. Maybe 2018 if we didn’t lose Perryman and Liuget.
        I thought we could have taken it in 2005, considering the Steelers had to go on a four-game winning streak to even make the playoffs. Brees blew it, though, before he even got injured, which nobody in the media or his fan base will ever acknowledge.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I thought we could have taken it in 2005, considering the Steelers had to go on a four-game winning streak to even make the playoffs. Brees blew it, though, before he even got injured, which nobody in the media or his fan base will ever acknowledge.
          Brees wasn’t good with us. Or rather he wasn’t good with Marty. If Sean Payton had been HC then maybe we would have won it all that year also.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

I wish the D has another good pass rusher on the interior other than Tillery. It's hard to get off of the field when you don't get enough/much push there. I still think the team needs to do more concerning this. I think Staley ought to consider how he works the rotation of the IDL and edge players.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
              I wish the D has another good pass rusher on the interior other than Tillery. It's hard to get off of the field when you don't get enough/much push there. I still think the team needs to do more concerning this. I think Staley ought to consider how he works the rotation of the IDL and edge players.
              That's why I'm intrigued with the idea of taking Jermaine Johnson if he falls to #17. Then we could do what the Giants did in those Super Bowls against the Patriots, in which they had three or four defensive ends on the field at the same time, with Justin Tuck dominating the interior. Bose is capable of playing that role Tuck had in those situations.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

I'm still waiting on Merrimans promise for another splash move.
                it's taken a while and I'm starting to suspect we have an agreed upon trade in place having to do with our first round pick that could be executed in real time when we're on the clock.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

That's why I'm intrigued with the idea of taking Jermaine Johnson if he falls to #17. Then we could do what the Giants did in those Super Bowls against the Patriots, in which they had three or four defensive ends on the field at the same time, with Justin Tuck dominating the interior. Bose is capable of playing that role Tuck had in those situations.
                  No way he drops…but if he does all bets on any other player are off, he’s the pick.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    it's taken a while and I'm starting to suspect we have an agreed upon trade in place having to do with our first round pick that could be executed in real time when we're on the clock.
                    Had a similar thought, now or never seems to be the thinking in Charger land. It’s how other teams win SBs.

Comment

• Chargerfreak
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      :shock:

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                        The right side of the OL freaks me the hell out right now. And i will never trust Storm or Pipkins. Id prefer a better back up RB to spell Ekeler. The d was badly in need of the players they signed. Im pretty close to happy with the D. MLB play was atrocious last year...but ill just pray Murray can rebound. Hoping his injury was a huge reason why he was so bad...but a lot of it looked so mental to me. Just so confused. Terrible in coverage. You always hear how Staleys D devalues MLB's...but if they are at least off by a little bit and confused the entire D gets jacked. I think thats one of the reasons Reeder is here...he at least has a little grasp of the fit. He doesnt have to be a monster ILB...just play smart. I think these new DTs can really help Murray and the gang at ILB make more plays. I also wish Guyton wasnt sort of a one trick pony...id kill for a player that is a cross between him and Palmer.
                        I agree with all of that. I'm wondering if anyone else is hoping we also get a quality Corner in the draft. I know we have Samuel and Davis to go with J.C. but I'm not sold that that's enough Corner talent for a team with aspirations towards a Super Bowl. If Denver and Las Vegas are going to be so improved in their air attack then we will need some studs at Corner. Right now I count one stud (Jackson) and a couple guys in Samuel and Davis that are not there yet. Or am I wrong?

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I agree with all of that. I'm wondering if anyone else is hoping we also get a quality Corner in the draft. I know we have Samuel and Davis to go with J.C. but I'm not sold that that's enough Corner talent for a team with aspirations towards a Super Bowl. If Denver and Las Vegas are going to be so improved in their air attack then we will need some studs at Corner. Right now I count one stud (Jackson) and a couple guys in Samuel and Davis that are not there yet. Or am I wrong?
                          I think another slot corner would be good. But I think having another edge is more important defensively especially with Bosa’s and Mack’s injury history.

Comment

Working...
                          X