Welcome Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College (R1, #17)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

In your opinion, how much did the lack of continuity screw up the running attack this season ?

It seems to me that anytime someone went down, we could no longer get it done.

Get the great Slater back and continue to build experience and depth.

We must concern ourselves with RB depth, re Kelley, Spiller, and beyond.
    It doesn't help but honestly we haven't been a good running team since 2007? At least not consistently, and not when it matters to be able to close out games. Like most things about this offense, our run game also lacks creativity.

Former Chiefs OL Mitchell Schwartz was trolling us on Twitter over the weekend about our choke job, but I've read his feed before and he has some good insight at times. He made a comment about building a solid OL goes well beyond your starters and having 8-9 guys at the ready is what really defines OL depth. Not sure how realistic that is financially but it's always been a pipedream of mine so we don't need to rely on the Sarrells and Storm Nortons when the inevitable OL injury happens.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

It doesn't help but honestly we haven't been a good running team since 2007? At least not consistently, and not when it matters to be able to close out games. Like most things about this offense, our run game also lacks creativity.

Former Chiefs OL Mitchell Schwartz was trolling us on Twitter over the weekend about our choke job, but I've read his feed before and he has some good insight at times. He made a comment about building a solid OL goes well beyond your starters and having 8-9 guys at the ready is what really defines OL depth. Not sure how realistic that is financially but it's always been a pipedream of mine so we don't need to rely on the Sarrells and Storm Nortons when the inevitable OL injury happens.
      Mitchell and Geoff actually have some insight.

Lombardi offense keys off timing.

The running game needs Olinemen dancing in step.

It's all pretty meat and potatoes, when successful.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
      X